World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Most regular Californians hate this as much as anyone else. We did vote AGAINST gay marriage if you recall, it was the CA Supremes that overturned our vote.

But we do have a higher percentage of fruits, nuts and woke retards than most states. Along with the tech bubble blue hairs and a rigged primary system that locks out Republicans from higher office. These woketards all bleat our their nonsense non stop in Hollywood shows, news media, social media, etc. all of which have totally been overtaken by their creepy left wing fantasies.

Getting sued or harrassed by the woke mob is a very real concern and most people don't want to be confronted with this so are careful who they talk about this with, if at all. They just want to raise their families, go to the beach, make a fuckton of money and then retire in a mansion outside of California.

How does the primary system lock out republicans? I'm not versed at all on CA politics but I find all the rigging/gerrymandering/advantage-jockeying by both parties to be pretty interesting.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Bring back Arnold!

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Cybsled

How does the primary system lock out republicans? I'm not versed at all on CA politics but I find all the rigging/gerrymandering/advantage-jockeying by both parties to be pretty interesting.

Gerrymandering should just flat out be banned. It’s bullshit that any political party can redraw district lines to give their party an advantage.

Anyways, one thing to keep in mind is there are a lot of shades to the political spectrum. Massachusetts will elect Republican senators or governors at times if they are perceived as moderate, for example. That’s fairly common in New England in general, since the Red/Purple spectrum tends to be OG Republican: more fiscal than social in terms of concerns. That tends to appeal to moderates or independents more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Most regular Californians hate this as much as anyone else. We did vote AGAINST gay marriage if you recall, it was the CA Supremes that overturned our vote.
That was purely an anomaly. Hispanics dont really like gays so a proposition that was specifically about only gay marriage could easily succeed in California.

Gender retcon in the works.

Oh god if that sees the light of day it will be insanely woke and retarded.

No way in hell they would touch the topics of orcs being blood thirsty pillagers or enslaving a dragon and raping her to use her children as warmachines.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The article makes it sounds like they might focus more on post Warcraft 2 through Warcraft 3 era story. I mean you really only have 2 options if you introduce Thrall

1) Do his leadup to WC3 where he gets educated, learns to fight, and eventually rediscovers shamanism
2) Just jump right into WC3

The leadup seems more likely, because you can make it slightly smaller scale (and thus cheaper) and you really go into the origins of the Horde as we see them in WC3 and WoW.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The article makes it sounds like they might focus more on post Warcraft 2 through Warcraft 3 era story. I mean you really only have 2 options if you introduce Thrall

1) Do his leadup to WC3 where he gets educated, learns to fight, and eventually rediscovers shamanism

The leadup seems more likely, because you can make it slightly smaller scale (and thus cheaper) and you really go into the origins of the Horde as we see them in WC3 and WoW.
Can't make movies about orcs anymore. Cause orcs==black people.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Sure they can jump right to Thrall, but no way they will fill in the backstory or make any references to whats actually transpired in Warcraft 2/3. Theres simply no way they would ever write his god tier sjw bait story and talk about how his people got exactly what they deserved due to all the pillaging, raping and murdering they did.

Cybsled

Sure they can. Just frame it as a "sins of our fathers" type deal. At least that is what they should do.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
If they handle the movie like the Dragonfag release, expect another showcasing of social justice virtue signaling.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting takes from this video:

a) Blizzard marketing tries to drum up hype for every expansion, and doesn't care if people stay subscribed. Because that is Ion's job, and they have your money anyways. Hence the throwback for Shadowlands to WotLK and Arthas, because that was the high point of WoW for many players.

b) The expansion buy-ins are called "believers" by Kevin Jordan, and the subsequent subscriber loss after launch is inevitable, because the game didn't deliver on the overhyped expectations. So those "believer" buy-ins declined expansion after expansion. Until Shadowlands that is, because of the strong WotLK/Arthas pull.

Theory: That bait-and-switch with Arthas, hyping it up only to be reduced to a flickering wisp and dismissed by a_smelly_waifu_01, may have cost them the majority of the "believer" market for the next expansion.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BFA was so bad I missed most Shadowlands media. Did see the cinematic and the features trailer. I didn’t recall much Arthas. I thought it was going to be all Bolvar.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't want to derail. But it's a combination of gerrymandering by a supposedly "neutral board", and an open primary system where the top two vote getters go to the general. Which almost always results in 2 democrats being on the ballot. Plus ballot harvesting, all mail in, etc. All the common ploys Democrats use to steal elections are in full force here.

Plus they write the ballot initiatives in such a way that when you think you are voting yes, it actually means no. The recent gas tax repeal failed because of this. It was fucking impossible to understand the wording on the ballot. Had to google it, otherwise would have picked the wrong choice. But most people didn't bother and were hoodwinked in to keeping the recent gas tax hike, in spite of it being extremely unpopular.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Didn't want to derail. But it's a combination of gerrymandering by a supposedly "neutral board", and an open primary system where the top two vote getters go to the general. Which almost always results in 2 democrats being on the ballot. Plus ballot harvesting, all mail in, etc. All the common ploys Democrats use to steal elections are in full force here.

Plus they write the ballot initiatives in such a way that when you think you are voting yes, it actually means no. The recent gas tax repeal failed because of this. It was fucking impossible to understand the wording on the ballot. Had to google it, otherwise would have picked the wrong choice. But most people didn't bother and were hoodwinked in to keeping the recent gas tax hike, in spite of it being extremely unpopular.

Is that bad wording how Newsom somehow got 67% of the vote in the recall election, despite being way less popular than when he was first elected and got 56%?

Seems like Rs could beat the first round primary system by just running one really strong candidate and not splitting the vote.

You are being dumb. There is zero reason to play retail WoW.

If you have nostalgia for Tirisfal Glades then go play one of the Classic servers, which actually have more content than Shadowlands.

Yeah that's what I figured. Kinda wanted to experience the new leveling up, but after reading about it more, there's no point.

I hate how they completely reset the game in every expansion and make all the prior stuff completely pointless and obsolete. New characters should still be leveling through the expansions (at an accelerated rate) and there should be important things to get from each one as you go.

If they're gonna throw past expansions in the trash for the current one, then the current one better be pretty damn good, or at least an improvement in some way. I've got no desire to farm a randomized tower dungeon for loot at 60.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah that's what I figured. Kinda wanted to experience the new leveling up, but after reading about it more, there's no point.

I hate how they completely reset the game in every expansion and make all the prior stuff completely pointless and obsolete. New characters should still be leveling through the expansions (at an accelerated rate) and there should be important things to get from each one as you go.

If they're gonna throw past expansions in the trash for the current one, then the current one better be pretty damn good, or at least an improvement in some way. I've got no desire to farm a randomized tower dungeon for loot at 60.
Word is that if you did Tirisfal Glades and the surrounding zones, the rate is so accelerated that before you get to Stratholme you'll hit lv50 and it'll force you to go to Shadowlands - so you'll miss the finale of the story in that area, that is if it's not gated behind a raid nobody does anymore.

Or you can do one of the classic servers and just enjoy the whole thing without the inconsistent quality of the Cataclysm revamps.

The "intended" path is to do the new universal starter zone, then do half of BFA before it kicks you out to Shadowlands. BFA levelling content was actually decent but they gave no thought to how the story flows with accelerated levelling and skipping the old endgame.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Word is that if you did Tirisfal Glades and the surrounding zones, the rate is so accelerated that before you get to Stratholme you'll hit lv50 and it'll force you to go to Shadowlands - so you'll miss the finale of the story in that area, that is if it's not gated behind a raid nobody does anymore.

Or you can do one of the classic servers and just enjoy the whole thing without the inconsistent quality of the Cataclysm revamps.

The "intended" path is to do the new universal starter zone, then do half of BFA before it kicks you out to Shadowlands. BFA levelling content was actually decent but they gave no thought to how the story flows with accelerated levelling and skipping the old endgame.

It's kinda pathetic.

Is the new universal starter zone worth seeing/doing?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Classic TBC provides a much better experience than the amalgation they created by endless contraction and expansion of levels and talents and zones in retail.