World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dumar_sl

shitlord
If that pic is real: remember all those arguments about how the store would just be cosmetic stuff, and I and many others said be very fucking careful because it's a slippery slope they'll sure fall down. Remember all that?

Remember? Yeah.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't really see the problem with it? It's not like you spend $60 and receive a level 90 in 560+ gear heh
I also could care less if little jimmy steals his moms credit card to get a super leet lvl 90, and plays horribly in LFR either. LFR is already a cesspool so theres no real difference.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wow's extreme endgame focus is the only reason I'm "meh" about. Does nothing to really help you compete. Blizz is just admitting that they almost view each xpac as disparate from the previous ones. My pref was that it never happened but 10 years in with 90 levels of content I can see it.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I don't really see the problem with it? It's not like you spend $60 and receive a level 90 in 560+ gear heh
I also could care less if little jimmy steals his moms credit card to get a super leet lvl 90, and plays horribly in LFR either. LFR is already a cesspool so theres no real difference.
You realize that these sorts of things are never mere "convenience" right? If payshop options like this become the norm, you eventually hit a point in where the game designers actively create roadblocks to fuck their players with the only solutions being in the pay shop. Instead of getting quality cohesive game design, you get disjointed game design in where you can choose to participate in hilariously long grinds or have instant gratification - no middle ground.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The game is old as balls and nearly their entire playerbase has already leveled multiple classes to cap. zzzzzzz.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You guys know you have to already have a level 90 in order to get the option to buy another one, right?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Instant level 90, and do they hearth you on Timeless Isle? I love collecting Timeless Isle gear so much!!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a 90 of every class so this is useless to me.

But it's cool man, gonna start recruiting fresh "greenies" like it's goin' out of style! Gotta fill up that core mythic raid group for WoD!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the "must have a 90" was a GC tweet and that account had all but been closed down.

malaki_sl

shitlord
I am opposed to this on general principles ... but I don't think it will hugely affect anything, especially if they are giving away a free 90 on WoD purchase anyway. $60 is fairly hefty, I don't see this being used often.

Tons of new 90s will only reinvigorate the game, and besides it can't be any worse than when all of Orgrimmar turned into Robot Unicorn Attack due to the cash shop ...

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
$60 is retarded high for the instant 90.

That being said I don't have an issue with the instant boost. The terribads at 90 now already outnumber anyone I want to raid with. If it we're around $25 I could see myself using it because leveling in wow blows nowadays. There's still a few classes like druid and mage that I never level capped.