World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm pretty sure they will get the majority of subs back with the prepatch and go back to normal with the XPAC. There is just fuck all to do for a lot of people with no new content being released in a long ass time. People have a fuck ton of time invested in their accounts and usually get the itch to at least try it for ahwile. Let's not forget that action combat and mechanics like dodging turn a lot of people off and WoW is their sanctuary with different levels of diffuculty.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I can see it going up to 8 Million again on WoD release and then dropping back down to 6 million by 2nd quarter 2015

My justification for this comes from the MoP bump which existed for two quarters but then the numbers went right back to where they would have been if the slope prior to the expansion release had contined.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sigh..

So I am getting the itch to play this game again. I did not get the last expansion at all. When the next expansion comes out does it auto include the previous one? I know I could upgrade for $19.99. I assume that is the lowest price I can get on this current expansion.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Sigh..

So I am getting the itch to play this game again. I did not get the last expansion at all. When the next expansion comes out does it auto include the previous one? I know I could upgrade for $19.99. I assume that is the lowest price I can get on this current expansion.
I was in your place a month ago, here's the options as I saw them:

-WoD comes with a boost to 90 for one character, so you won't need the previous expansion to start playing
-At some point, MoP will be free anyways with the game (probably with WoD's release, but maybe a little after - by comparison, Cata is free now with MoP)
-Buy MoP from a key site or eBay, probably about $10-15
-Buy the MoP & WoD combo pack preorder for $60 - that's $50 for WoD, $10 for MoP (that's what I did, because I wanted to play RIGHT NOW DAMMIT)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Where's the link that has info about the "auto-heirloom" notes?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Where's the link that has info about the "auto-heirloom" notes?
Siege of Orgrimmar Changes in Patch 6.0 and Warlords of Draenor - World of Warcraft

With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.
Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.
The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Siege of Orgrimmar Changes in Patch 6.0 and Warlords of Draenor - World of Warcraft

With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.
Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.
The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.
Nice, thanks. Now to pug a normal run... :|

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
A lot of heroic guilds do Monday night normal Garrosh farm runs and list them on openraid. There's one guy who does like 5 or so runs all spaced about 20 minutes apart and has a really good success rate.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_72941.jpg

The previewed Core Hound mount that MMO Champ datamined a while back looked pretty badass.

Edit: See below

rrr_img_72942.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hah thats actually pretty neat, i'd definitely do an LFR 40 man MC, specially for a corehound mount!

Kinda sucks that the SS vs TM won't be permanent though, but i guess i can see it being hard to queue up 100v100 people consistently. and yes.. holinka confirmed 100v100.
"The McRib" of Battle Grounds, that could be only an anniversary thing.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Everyone who quit and said they'd never play again will be logged in for this anniversary, including me. The 40 man LFR MC is worth the price of admission alone.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should also have the bindings drop to make a level cap version of Thunderfury. But keep the current drop-rate on them. It would be hilariously evil.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I went the $60.00 route and just got the current expansion with the new one. It comes with the one time up level to 90th. I have many level 85's, I think. Not sure how much the level cap increase was. Should I just build a panda monk and up level that to 90? I could go through the home portion just to see the new area and then jump him.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone who quit and said they'd never play again will be logged in for this anniversary, including me. The 40 man LFR MC is worth the price of admission alone.
Molten corgies oh god I may have to resub must resist the urge

Needless

Toe Sucker
So I went the $60.00 route and just got the current expansion with the new one. It comes with the one time up level to 90th. I have many level 85's, I think. Not sure how much the level cap increase was. Should I just build a panda monk and up level that to 90? I could go through the home portion just to see the new area and then jump him.
If you boost a 60+ character you get your professions boosted to max as well.. but only if they are 60 or higher.
It's a nice way to respec a characters professions if you have a boost laying around, basically you could get your monk to 60, learn 2 professions then boost him from 60 to 90 and he would have 2 maxed professions and maxed first aid as well as the regular shit you get.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dont have the chance to look very hard atm, and the typical write up about it isnt stating it : When is the Anniversary date for WoW?