World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
You should totally race change to a more hetero looking race Gorehack kekek
I actually just went from human male to draenei male in preparation for WoD. I hate the current dude spacegoats, but the beta model is AWESOME.

z9eJAmj.png

male-draenei-flirt.jpg

new-male-dranei-at-creation.jpg

And they fixed the stupid fucking shoulders!
0Oj52WV.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'd forgotten that you can cross realm normals now. So I actually have something I can do on my hunter, if I can get around to it.

Anyone running horde SoO normals?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'd forgotten that you can cross realm normals now. So I actually have something I can do on my hunter, if I can get around to it.

My guild pugs a person or two pretty often these days. If you are on Fridays and Sundays (or aren't saved by then) 8:30pm until Midnight CST add Alavaz#1973

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Tried flex 4 last night... 4 wipes on Blackfuse and said fuck it. It was pretty clear that the people doing belt didn't know what to do and the tanks couldn't understand how to swap. Womp womp.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got into a guild that runs 9:30-1am PST Sunday nights, 10:30pm-1am Monday nights. Kind of late, but I needed something late. Even so, I still am not confident about what we'll actually get done. They say they have 10/14 H experience, but I think they meant a few members do, not the whole guild.

Skeptical... so if anyone else runs late like that, hit me up. Crone#1894 holy pally. Horde.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That Dranei looks pretty fucking sick. Did they do anything with Night Elf males? I'm going to sub tonight because fuck it. Someone recommended a server to me a long time ago, forget which. Just go for the highly populated ones, right?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried flex 4 last night... 4 wipes on Blackfuse and said fuck it. It was pretty clear that the people doing belt didn't know what to do and the tanks couldn't understand how to swap. Womp womp.
Thats when you gotta step up and start throwing monkey shit. Youll either have a positive effect or be kicked. Either way, you're moving forward.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've seen raids bail out shit tanks by dpsing the shredders. And I don't just mean a couple ranged plinking it during debuff.

Daidraco

I've seen raids bail out shit tanks by dpsing the shredders. And I don't just mean a couple ranged plinking it during debuff.
But its a complete waste. A proper tank will pull the shredder right on top of a blade or fire, wait till he launches, roll away, come back after he lands, and the shredder should be dead. Pulling him on Two/three blades is even better. I could tank Normal Siege in greens. If a tank is having problems pre-Heroic with that encounter, he needs to be kicked.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just single-tank that shit and cleave down the adds with cloak procs/tank's debuff
biggrin.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
But its a complete waste. A proper tank will pull the shredder right on top of a blade or fire, wait till he launches, roll away, come back after he lands, and the shredder should be dead. Pulling him on Two/three blades is even better. I could tank Normal Siege in greens. If a tank is having problems pre-Heroic with that encounter, he needs to be kicked.
Yes but... that's the joke.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
If any of you guys coming back are heroic geared we (my guild 10/14 H) are looking for a couple horde dps to fill raid slots on friday nights until 6.0 and mythic 20 mans. Sucks to be in a position of changing raid sizes but it's getting hard to fill slots when we will not need the extra people in a couple months.

Daidraco

Yes but... that's the joke.
rrr_img_74338.png

If any of you guys coming back are heroic geared we (my guild 10/14 H) are looking for a couple horde dps to fill raid slots on friday nights until 6.0 and mythic 20 mans. Sucks to be in a position of changing raid sizes but it's getting hard to fill slots when we will not need the extra people in a couple months.
Ill probably pick the mage up towards the middle of, or late next month so hes maxed out for WoD. Makes leveling so much easier. Ill message you then and see where you are with DPS.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I recently come back (stopped playing a few weeks after MoP launch. Fuck you dailies!) Run timeless isle once , then run lfr for 2 weeks pretty much fully geared in LFR gear but now I am kinda stuck, even for flex people demand 550+ ilvl which I have no chance of getting doing LFR. I know the mentality of demanding much higher ilvl has been around since day dot but it really is so fucking dumb. I out dps people with legendary cloaks and fully upgraded flex/normal gear i do about 120k-140k with 521 ilvl frost mage which I think is pretty decent for my gear. So I pretty much just work on my Legendary quest. cap valor and run flex once a week and log off. Shame as I want to play more, I am enjoying it but with pretty much everyone on my Friends list and guild gone nothing else to do.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I recently come back (stopped playing a few weeks after MoP launch. Fuck you dailies!) Run timeless isle once , then run lfr for 2 weeks pretty much fully geared in LFR gear but now I am kinda stuck, even for flex people demand 550+ ilvl which I have no chance of getting doing LFR. I know the mentality of demanding much higher ilvl has been around since day dot but it really is so fucking dumb. I out dps people with legendary cloaks and fully upgraded flex/normal gear i do about 120k-140k with 521 ilvl frost mage which I think is pretty decent for my gear. So I pretty much just work on my Legendary quest. cap valor and run flex once a week and log off. Shame as I want to play more, I am enjoying it but with pretty much everyone on my Friends list and guild gone nothing else to do.
Cloak, and some item upgrades can get you closer. I was in almost-all LFR gear when I broke 540 ilvl.

Don't get me wrong, they're fucking asshole idiots for it, as ilvl doesn't mean shit for skill (especially on flex), but you can get past 530 it should be easier to get a group.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The celestials on the Timeless Isle do drop high ilevel gear. Its very much a crapshoot in terms of what you can earn from them, but even one of those items can boost your ilevel significantly

elvis_sl

shitlord
openraid, oqueue and the ingame flex raid finder (bit hidden) are a decent way to find flex raids without all these inflated ilvls that trade pugs want..

Bruman

Golden Squire
openraid, oqueue and the ingame flex raid finder (bit hidden) are a decent way to find flex raids without all these inflated ilvls that trade pugs want..
Heh, was going to post the same thing. Here's the links:

OpenRaid(it's a site, no integration into WoW itself)
oQueue addon:SolidICE(have to install manually - it's not on Curse's site or anything)

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also you can pvp a bit and get some small slot items like 2 rings and a neck piece thats 550. Which will help bring you up a little bit.

Yeah on Stormrage alliance side its not uncommon for people to want 540+ for flex one to 560 for flex 4. Its beyond retarded. You just have to keep getting those small pieces and keep going to timeless isle and farming burdens if you want a chance to get into flex raids. It'll just take you around 7 - 10 weeks to get into pug flex consistently.