World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just get all your followers to 100. Then you'll have a logjam of level 100 8-10HR duration missions so that you only have to check in 3 times per day.

My salvage yard weeps.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of moonkin... I loved it in Cataclysm, but hate everything about it now. I've never liked feral much either, and based on what I've read the cat 'rotation' is as shitty as ever and the one interesting addition (Shirvallah form) in WoD is a dps loss. My druid is resto as main spec, but I'm wondering if it's viable to have guardian as secondary and have similar results as I see with my DK. By that I mean my DK is a tank and I never leave blood spec for any reason short of joining a dungeon group that already has a tank. Quests and leveling: Blood. Dailies: Blood. Soloing elites and farming cages: Blood. Can a bear do that just as well or do you really need a dps spec if you want to do apexis dailies and the other L100 outdoor content solo in a reasonable amount of time?
I tried going the all-bear route while doing dailies and whatnot recently, and it got too frustrating. It's not horribly slow, but compared to cat form it feels glacial. Cat form just blows stuff up. I guess it depends on what you're used to.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried going the all-bear route while doing dailies and whatnot recently, and it got too frustrating. It's not horribly slow, but compared to cat form it feels glacial. Cat form just blows stuff up. I guess it depends on what you're used to.
Well, for comparing it to soloing on my DK main, I'm used to pulling everything in sight and blowing it up with AEs while never dying. Single target... yeah, it kind of sucks. It takes me at least a minute to get an elite riverbeast down to cageable HP. Unholy kills them faster, but it's riskier, and there's downtime to heal. I'm assuming that pretty much nothing is going to touch my hunter for that kind of stuff.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Slogtusk the corpse eatter in Frostfire ridge is bugged. After you kill him he stays rare(for me at least). He keeps droping a blue/apexis crystals and primal spirit

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Slogtusk is a L101 rare, they are all killable once a day for their loot. Because of this, the leather helmet he (and all the other L100+ rares) drops is not guaranteed like the <100 vignette rares.

Now, if you're talking about killing him several times in one day and still getting loot, then yeah, something is bugged.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So now the only worthwhile Shadow spec is the one that makes them not play how Shadow has played for 10 years, lawl.

(Yes, I know, Patchwork style sims have questionable usage, etc etc)
I actually have this as my spec, it has A LOT of mobility so it may not actually suffer for movement. Shadow Word: Death and Mind Blast are instant cast and you can proc instant Mind Spikes if you do cast Shadow Word: Pain, so you have a lot to do while repositioning or running away without even mentioning shielding yourself for a speed boost and thorns.

Nagrand Goat was stupid, just float around in circles throwing nukes at things. Don't think Garrosh damaged me once.

I can't fucking play it though as Heroic dungeon queues require Disc, thankfully they use the same gear.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Any elemental shamans check their DPS since server reset applied the hotfixes? Curious what others in full heroic are getting.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
How to get rich...Buy treasure maps from vendor and sell between 300-400 g a piece because people wont take the time to see where they come from.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Boomkin feels like so much more work for averge DPS. It'll help a little in raids where you (hopefully) don't need to glyph Guiding Stars, but in heroics where you do, it's such a fucking drag having to apply moon/starfire to every mob in order to AoE them. The single-target damage is also very dependent on slow casts, Starfire being fucking 3 seconds. On top of that, the interrupt has a fucking 60s cooldown. Feels like the content isn't designed for the balance toolset, you lose so much DPS from having to cancel that Starfire frequently due to its insanely long cast time and the sheer amount of movement required.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I agree, i started as resto/balance but quickly swapped to feral as my off spec. The 3 second starfire's were killing me.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure they could restrict druids to just PvP and herbalism and after a few days of gnashing teeth everybody would realize just how much better the game just became.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What I'd like to know is why simc is still publishing Patchwerk sims on the front page...
This is partly why I tend to disagree with the whole "versatility is your worst stat" bandwagon on all the guides. Sure, it does not increase your damage (or healing) as much as the other stats. On the other hand, it reduces the damage you get from all those AOE damage you will take during every single fight and thus helps your raid a lot. But I guess it's hard to value.

Blizzard apparently does their sims with bots. Dunk a whole raid on a boss with scripts to pilot them using "normal" clients, and see how they perform. Someone should try to get sims more like that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fights would need to be pretty hellishly tuned for 2-5% damage reduction to matter. With the way Blizzard designs their fight, MOAR DPSESESESES tends to prevent more damage anyhow.

xzi

Mouthbreather
made a couple thousand tonight sellingAuction Control Modulesfor 1.2k, and buying the parts that are required to make the module are only 50-250g on the AH. like a 800 profit for 2mins of work.

ez.
Of course it may be different on your server, but I suggest ya guys to check it out. I've sold 4 of them tonight and they all sold within an hour of putting them up. (I don't advise selling 4 at a time lol)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone figured out how the follower mission acquisition works? I got all of my followers to 100 and was only getting a couple new missions (all level 100) every 2-3 hours. After half a day of this I decided to reactivate a level 97 follower and now I've got a bunch of missions queued up (97-99) but still only a couple level 100 missions. It seems like if you want to maximize gains for salvage crates and GR rewards you need to have at least 1 active follower for each mission range (90-93, 94-96, 97-99, 100?).

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is partly why I tend to disagree with the whole "versatility is your worst stat" bandwagon on all the guides. Sure, it does not increase your damage (or healing) as much as the other stats. On the other hand, it reduces the damage you get from all those AOE damage you will take during every single fight and thus helps your raid a lot. But I guess it's hard to value.

Blizzard apparently does their sims with bots. Dunk a whole raid on a boss with scripts to pilot them using "normal" clients, and see how they perform. Someone should try to get sims more like that.
I never have been a stellar dpser, but I generally find that from my experience, what is simmed is often what happens in reality.
If you have a gap of 5k dps where 30k is top, it's 1/6th, or over 16% difference. Unless you are constantly moving during the fight and/or everyone plays perfectly on every global available, both unlikely things to happen, let alone at the same time, relative values of the classes are respected. Gimmicks are gimmicks and don't count, but if the time on target is similar, real-raid results mirror the sim results. Having played a shadow priest in MoP, there was no way for me to top any meter whatsoever, except when playing with people 30 ilvls below me.

What I find baffling is the huge difference from top to bottom and the lack of actions taken to correct them for a long time, being an ex priest I can definitely notice that Blizzard never gave much of a fuck and if you happen to be playing one of the sucky classes, tough luck waiting to get "fixed".

The same is true for tanking or healing, some classes end up being much better than the others for this or that reason and (equal skills on the table assumed) if you raid the hardest content, where you already wipe hundreds of times, you want to squeeze every little advantage you can get. This wouldn't be an issue except that people that run LFR refuse to heal this tank or accept that healer because it sucks (when they are abominable players and should just stfu), this becomes the common knowledge (ignoring gear scaling) and widespread idiocy takes precedence over sensible reasoning.

Reading monk forums now, you'd think Brewmasters are made of toilet paper, but they can tank very well any available content (much better after the last buff), the reality is that most players have their heads so much up their asses, it's amazing they can still breathe, they can't tank normal, god knows who did that silver proving grounds for them and they can't face heroics because they can't play juggling the various short cooldowns.

Another wonderful common "mistake" is taking the guide on a website and think that's the only way to play. "Brewmasters have to pick Serenity" (why?) is already ingrained in the head of wannabe monk tanks that go spouting their bullshit on the official forums, the reality is that if you can play with both arms and are not brain-impaired, Chi Explosion is better in every conceivable way: you purify every time you use it (which is usually every 3rd or 4th global cooldown), you have permanent shuffle and you do a fuckton of damage *and* you can decide to do it single target or in ae. Imo a tank that does 10 to 20k dps is better than one that does 8 to 10k.
Serenity is a cheap way to avoid playing the BM mechanics by stacking 7-8 globals worth of shuffle so for 40ish seconds you can ignore and just spend chi on purifying. Woo hoo, so skilled man...
Stat priority is also out of whack for a lot of people: "avoid haste and crit, get mastery and versatility", good idea, so you are chi starved and basically can't use elusive brew? Amazing plan there, those 3% more staggered damage is going to save the day...

Ok I whined enough, I just wonder when people will realize that playing and testing on their own is better than reading and regurgitating the (unverified) bullshits you read on some website like it's the fucking bible of wow.