World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Since I have nothing else to do I decided to level Archeology... holy mother of god is this a dull profession. It makes Fishing look like playing bullet hell on meth.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Archaeology is boring but at least 1-700 is fast. Assuming you're not trying to do it without Archy and Archaeology Helper, that is.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Since I have nothing else to do I decided to level Archeology... holy mother of god is this a dull profession. It makes Fishing look like playing bullet hell on meth.
The one thing i'll never ever level despite wanting that incredibly rare sword for tmog
frown.png

god that shit is awful and needs to be redesigned

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Which is why I've always used a bot for both of them

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I've been doing it with no addons at all, straight up vanilla interface.

Blizzard employees themselves should do a no-Addon month challenge where those who still play their own game go for one calendar month playing with only the base client / UI. Would be interesting to see if they could manage it and what subsequent game design/ default UI changes would result.

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord

Blizzard employees themselves should do a no-Addon month challenge where those who still play their own game go for one calendar month playing with only the base client / UI. Would be interesting to see if they could manage it and what subsequent game design/ default UI changes would result.
That would be a great idea, but WoW feels like a game where most of the developers don't really play much any more.

Vorph

It's got to be frustrating for add-on developers when Blizzard finally does recognize how shitty their default UI is and decides to roll a bunch of 3rd party features into it. I mean, look at the new UI stuff coming for garrison missions. They're taking about a third of the features of Master Plan and putting it into the default, which means the Master Plan dude has to go through his code and rip out all the stuff they copied to make sure his doesn't cause a bunch of conflicts. In the end, people will still have to use Master Plan because the other two-thirds of it that they didn't copy is the really important part of the add-on.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Day 1 account but since I cancelled my account a couple times over the years no statue for me. I had to check the forums to see the bitching about that and it surprised me. There were more people complaining about receiving a physical item instead of an in game item than there were people complaining about not receiving the statue at all. Some fucking people man. lol

Vorph

Currently it's 300%/500%/700% with 1/2/3 scavengers. Nerfed version cuts that down to 200%/300%/400%. There's a new trait that does the same (2x/3x/4x) for gold too.

They also added a bunch more 'affinity' traits, which imo is a big nerf. It's bad enough we have panda affinity when pandas don't exist except for the inn, but now there's a chance you'll get stuck with arakkoa, ogre, machine, beast, etc. affinities that only apply to a tiny handful of followers.

Edit: Actually, it looks like those traits might only come from consumables similar to how Dancer works now. Still fairly useless, but better than getting stuck with it randomly.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Sooo, the buzz about the Garrison Campaign is starting to rise to big noises... I've been stuck on the same combo a lot of people are reporting: Sargerei, Iron Siegeworks and Ring of Blood. After that, four weeks of no new quest. There's no "!" hidden in the garrison, the Wowhead quest analyzer says I've not completed any of the other 9 start quests.

I'm not waiting for Tishalee Crow anyway, but I wish they'd fix their bugs. I think they tried to be too clever, and they got bit in the ass.

Guildmate is at 10 completed, on its way to the penultimate one next week.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They also added a bunch more 'affinity' traits, which imo is a big nerf. It's bad enough we have panda affinity when pandas don't exist except for the inn, but now there's a chance you'll get stuck with arakkoa, ogre, machine, beast, etc. affinities that only apply to a tiny handful of followers.
I've tried for a while now to have dwarves with dwarven racial, and I'm starting to think you can't be "selfish"; you're not allowed to get the same racial affinity as your own race.

I presume it's to avoid complex calculations that would allow a follower a bonus for going on a mission with itself.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've tried for a while now to have dwarves with dwarven racial, and I'm starting to think you can't be "selfish"; you're not allowed to get the same racial affinity as your own race.

I presume it's to avoid complex calculations that would allow a follower a bonus for going on a mission with itself.
Seem's like that ogre/giant follower, just re-title his self bonus to completion rate to Narcissism. Leoric the Mad -improves success rate of missions he's a part of.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Currently it's 300%/500%/700% with 1/2/3 scavengers. Nerfed version cuts that down to 200%/300%/400%. There's a new trait that does the same (2x/3x/4x) for gold too.

Edit: Actually, it looks like those traits might only come from consumables similar to how Dancer works now. Still fairly useless, but better than getting stuck with it randomly.
Really? I don't get it, what's the big deal? Are GR such a precious commodity it must be reigned in? I've been cashing in on scavengers since the beginning with a trading post to run it all through and the gold I get from it is a drop in a bucket compared to my normal AH shenigans.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Really? I don't get it, what's the big deal? Are GR such a precious commodity it must be reigned in? I've been cashing in on scavengers since the beginning with a trading post to run it all through and the gold I get from it is a drop in a bucket compared to my normal AH shenigans.
The AH relocates wealth, the scavengers actually create it. On my server, 1GR = 1g at the minimum, usually a bit more. I suspect Bliz has some internal metrics in how they want their gold faucets to work...

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
The AH relocates wealth, the scavengers actually create it. On my server, 1GR = 1g at the minimum, usually a bit more. I suspect Bliz has some internal metrics in how they want their gold faucets to work...
Wait, how can I convert my GR->gold at a 1:1 ratio in a way that doesn't use the AH? Because I've just been lazy and bought those gold bags at the trading post when I'm GR-capped, and thats nowhere near 1:1