World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has got to be the most ridiculous take in this thread full of ridiculous takes.

perhaps I stand corrected, this one might be:

No it's not. Tank gameplay is frustrating in vanilla classic, warriors for example are constantly rage starved and lack the rage buffs and control that they get in later expansions. Paladins can't even taunt. Making tanking more appealing by making it less frustrating will go a long way in making the game better for everyone by making tanks more numerous. Giving a mages a heal is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
No it's not. Tank gameplay is frustrating in vanilla classic, warriors for example are constantly rage starved and lack the rage buffs and control that they get in later expansions. Paladins can't even taunt. Making tanking more appealing by making it less frustrating will go a long way in making the game better for everyone by making tanks more numerous. Giving a mages a heal is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
*prot warriors are constantly rage starved.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Clearly the play is to use the runes to go Melee Huntard and get shunned by everyone

• 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like retail garbage, when everyone can do everything, then nothing is interesting or unique. It’s neat we are getting this different rule set, but it smacks of low effort, lazy bandaids to pander to the vocal community members.
Current leadership still thinks they are right and we are all wrong.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So Dennis is back in? Fuck yes!

No Way GIF by GIPHY News

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
perhaps I misinterpreted what you meant, but what you said was the only real class balance issue in classic is tanking. This is a silly fucking notion since warrior is the only tank class in Vanilla, anything else is a stop gap for leveling/dungeons. That's all this really is too, shaman/warlock/rogue tanking, stop gaps for leveling/dungeons/pugs, adding a bit of diversity/class balance changes to the vanilla experience, especially the leveling up experience. I have little doubt that warriors will remain the premier tank at 60/raiding. Though with TBC/Wrath era class abilities what I do expect is the other classes to be fairly represented as DPS in raids instead of warriors also being the premier DPS at 60/raiding.

For the record, the problem with classic IS class balance, it's fucking atrocious for everything. DPS, healing, and Tanking. Every raid is 25 warriors, 5 priests, ~5 paladins/shamans, and then 1 of each other class as they are fucking useless. Horde tends to lean heavier on shaman and lighter on priests but that's because you have to have a shaman in every group, not because shaman are better healers than priests.

Also have you ever played WoW or any other MMO? you seriously think that lack of healers isn't a problem? it's almost as bad as lack of tanks. Giving heals to a popular DPS class is the solution to one of the largest problems that absolutely does exist, the same as giving more classes the option to tank. making it readily swappable runes rather than talents is a fantastic solution as well, since we don't have dual spec yet and Mages won't have talents for healing even if there was dual spec.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but i'm struggling. Pretty much everything released so far for SOD has absolutely been answers/solutions to things that everyone wanted.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It’s not everyone can do everything though. The rune system is way more than I thought they would do for a classic+ but whatever. Anything to upend the meta of the 20 year solved game.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Like retail garbage, when everyone can do everything, then nothing is interesting or unique. It’s neat we are getting this different rule set, but it smacks of low effort, lazy bandaids to pander to the vocal community members.
Current leadership still thinks they are right and we are all wrong.

I feel like they are just addressing certain balancing issues and people are taking it as 'retail'. Not trying to take a dig at you Burren.

Like Fear Ward
And Weapon Skill

EDIT: Actually I'm not certain if this is considered more balancing or just 'forced race or class selection'

• 1Like

Jasker

@everyone - Alliance PVE is ahead right now.

Does anyone want to state any additional thoughts about this?

It would likely be the case we have at least one guild on Alliance PVE

EDIT: Change your votes if your mind has changed or anything is different.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sure and I'm willing to play this with an understanding that it's just a temporary "custom server mod". It's just not the whole OSRS style hog that I think most people wanted.
It seems like a relatively low time-investment server, given how everything is rolling out in phases. You'll be able to hit max level in 1-2 days of grinding each time.

I'll probably play this until I get to the point where I can solo BRD (which I could with field marshal gear in vanilla without these busted talents) and otherwise just see how fun rogues will be in WSG with the new pistol runes.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I can state without a doubt I won't be playing Alliance again. But don't make guild decisions based on me.

Jasker

I can state without a doubt I won't be playing Alliance again. But don't make guild decisions based on me.

My current era guild, who are decent guys, are playing horde on a RP server, whether it's PVP or PVE or East/West. I'm playing both Alliance and Horde. Warrior Druid on Horde / Warrior Hunter Paladin on Alliance. Really hope to find myself on your horde server, just thought I'd throw that out, again, that traditionally RP servers (horde included) have some of the best health and even faction-fun times.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty impartial on server. I'd even be willing to go PvE because it sounds like with the forced contested zones there will be world pvp regardless, and there are BGs either way. I just did Alliance leveling 1-31, 1-50, and 1-60 within the last couple of months and don't have it in me to go agane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jasker

I am pretty impartial on server. I'd even be willing to go PvE because it sounds like with the forced contested zones there will be world pvp regardless, and there are BGs either way. I just did Alliance leveling 1-31, 1-50, and 1-60 within the last couple of months and don't have it in me to go agane.

Cool. Sounds good.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like they are just addressing certain balancing issues and people are taking it as 'retail'. Not trying to take a dig at you Burren.

Like Fear Ward
And Weapon Skill

EDIT: Actually I'm not certain if this is considered more balancing or just 'forced race or class selection'
Remains to be seen. I “hope” it’s fun and engaging. But, there is a track record of bumbling mistakes and half measures.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The make or break point will be how they react to things being completely busted. As bet your nuts everyone is 100% correct they have not really tested or attuned a single thing to this insanity outside of maybe the level 25 raid. The phasing will give them time to make some corrections but the lazy thing is to just do nothing and lol about it on Twitter.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kinda sucks that the launch missed thanksgiving break in the US for proper time wasting

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Kinda sucks that the launch missed thanksgiving break in the US for proper time wasting
My wife works weekends (because she has for 12 years now) at a christmas tree farm between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Couldn't be a better time for me to have a time waster.