World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What is the point of building the most insane level 25 twink gear if not to murder horde with it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
PvP is like shooters for me these days. Fucking awesome when I had the time and desire to play often and try hard. Fucking terrible when I just want to zone out and relax with some chill gaming time like I always do nowadays.

How the hell am I supposed to compete with these kids who play all day and/or professional gamers who actually play games for a living? Has anyone here tried playing a shooter in any competitive capacity since like... 2015? Lol.
Cheats are also a lot more sophisticated and pervasive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
What is the point of building the most insane level 25 twink gear if not to murder horde with it?

You can, it's called Battlegrounds.

We adults now, on time crunches. If I could take all your shit Eve style to pay my sub it would be worth it, but otherwise it benefits no one. This is not the game for PVP.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can, it's called Battlegrounds.

We adults now, on time crunches. If I could take all your shit Eve style to pay my sub it would be worth it, but otherwise it benefits no one. This is not the game for PVP.
I wonder if murdering horde while hunting herbs is a thing at level 25 lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I tried the PvP thing a week ago or so with the fresh Turtle WoW server. Just not feasable with a full time job. It was great the first few days, but as soon as I started getting 5+ levels behind the full timers, it was roving gangs of 3+ red cons. And they were always super toxic about it. Last I checked that server is already way more horde than alliance and it's only been like 2 weeks lol

I'll check this out, PvE side. I think Shaman and Warlocks are going to be hilariously broken, and just want to be part of the mess =D

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Holy Fucking Pickled Pig Dicks.... The reason I don't have a new Starcraft game because you faggots bought sparkle ponies.

• 3Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 5 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's more than the sparkle ponies. Too many idiots keep buying the shit.

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean, some microtransaction in, at the time, one of the most played game in the world when wow had like what 12m subs, that also likely cost virtually nothing to make, made more money than a game that took 6+ years to make by hundreds of people in a fairly niche genre. That pretty much adds up. I'd be surprised if wow didn't make more money out of the subs alone in 1 or 2 months than SC2 did in its release month.

Can bitch about transactions for sure but anything related to wow at the time was just stupid money. There's a reason every company at the time was churning out pieces of shit mmos, failure after failure, to try to get some that wow money.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn’t ashenvale an open pvp zone on this server? What are the restrictions? Seems like you can get your pvp fix at max level that way.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Isn’t ashenvale an open pvp zone on this server? What are the restrictions? Seems like you can get your pvp fix at max level that way.
no, only on PVP servers would ashenvale be "contested"

They are adding open world PVP events in certain zones (the level band cap zones) so for 25 that's ashenvale, with horde or alliance NPCs that spawn based on kills in that area that you have to kill to win the event, with mini-bosses that spawn in certain areas around the zone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They are adding open world PVP events in certain zones (the level band cap zones) so for 25 that's ashenvale, with horde or alliance NPCs that spawn based on kills in that area that you have to kill to win the event, with mini-bosses that spawn in certain areas around the zone.
So it’s AV

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

I would hate to be anyone leveling there lol.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy Fucking Pickled Pig Dicks.... The reason I don't have a new Starcraft game because you faggots bought sparkle ponies.

It's very short sighted though because you can't just sell sparkle ponies without a popular game to sell them in.

They need to make Starcraft 3, then include a sub for organised competitive play somehow, then figure out how to monetise the world editor without being assholes.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's very short sighted though because you can't just sell sparkle ponies without a popular game to sell them in.

They need to make Starcraft 3, then include a sub for organised competitive play somehow, then figure out how to monetise the world editor without being assholes.
I dont have any faith in this company making another game. Especially one like Starcraft. They can barely figure out how to do formula's in Diablo 4. The spreadsheet of shit in an RTS would be god awful for them. That same dude also said he was making 36% of what the average salary pays for whatever his position was at the time. I knew they didnt pay worth a fuck, but I didnt think it was that bad. So what exactly do we expect to get from a bunch of people more worried about surviving, than making a video game?

I still think a Starcraft MMO that started development around Cataclysm and came out around mid expansion in Warlords of Draenor would have printed money and revitalized the company. Bobby was fucking retarded not to pursue that, but hes the one with a Yacht and Im not. So wtf do I know.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I dont have any faith in this company making another game. Especially one like Starcraft. They can barely figure out how to do formula's in Diablo 4. The spreadsheet of shit in an RTS would be god awful for them. That same dude also said he was making 36% of what the average salary pays for whatever his position was at the time. I knew they didnt pay worth a fuck, but I didnt think it was that bad. So what exactly do we expect to get from a bunch of people more worried about surviving, than making a video game?

I still think a Starcraft MMO that started development around Cataclysm and came out around mid expansion in Warlords of Draenor would have printed money and revitalized the company. Bobby was fucking retarded not to pursue that, but hes the one with a Yacht and Im not. So wtf do I know.
Starcraft MMO would have been a slam dunk for microtransactions. Want a rainbow dildo mod added to the front of your starship or mutalisk? Just pay $15.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The only real issue I see is if they add too many PVE servers and the horde and alliance populations split up to be like faerlina/benediction currently where the populations are like 97% one faction on the server. No idea how they prevent this though without preventing a specific faction to be rolled on until it’s balanced-ish

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only real issue I see is if they add too many PVE servers and the horde and alliance populations split up to be like faerlina/benediction currently where the populations are like 97% one faction on the server. No idea how they prevent this though without preventing a specific faction to be rolled on until it’s balanced-ish
The servers are supposedly very large, like 5-10x the size of original classic realms.

I would not expect lots of servers.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The servers are supposedly very large, like 5-10x the size of original classic realms.

I would not expect lots of servers.

Good. Player concentration would be healthy for interaction, economy, and the ability to do group content.