World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I should do that, but I can't bring myself to. I will coast into P2 with my paltry 100g and hopefully get Fist before then. I have 4 BFD pieces including trinket, so I'm not exactly hurting.

It's worth. 2nd rogue took ~1 day to hit 25 and do almost all the quests. Finishing up wetlands and then g2g for the next.

Main just raid logging/doing a few hours of WSG to not burn out.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I have just been playing other stuff / spending time with the wife. Works for me for now!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
smh my head.
Happy Euro 2016 GIF by Sporza
Sad Siblings GIF by Sesame Street

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Premades should not be penalized. Randoms should not be rewarded for not having the social ability to make a group. If you don't want them dickstomping randoms, have a higher reward bracket for premade vs premade or something, much like premade raids in modern wow get way better drops than lfr.

Catering to the lowest common denominator (in this case solo queue) is a generally losing strategy.
I'm surprised they haven't handled this by having something like a premade bracket where you are rewarded for having a high ELO score and an unranked PUG bracket that doesn't allow for full premades but gives you modest rewards for each win and moderate rewards for winning.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure it will be released on a weekend where I am traveling or otherwise have plans. But if not you KNOW I am taking time off to get after it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any more info on this self-found mode and how it differs from normal?

edit:

Jones: The solo self-found game mode that players have largely imposed upon themselves on unofficial realms. We don’t have a self-found mode on launch, where players have to rely on themselves and won't be able to access the mailbox, won't be able to access the auction house. We are planning on adding a mode to allow players to impose that restriction upon themselves, and some way of displaying to other players that they have taken on this challenge. That'll be coming.

Seems cool, but feels like usage of the AH in classic is dominated by tradeskills, so it isn't as impactful as early EQ where gear is tradeable. I'm guessing the hardcore part of that makes solo much more impactful because it'll be harder to twink characters or maintain wealth through multiple characters.

Have they ever made a no bind on pickup server?

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Each weather season getting an SoD update seems to imply the 2 - 3 month people were correct on phase lengths.

Yeah it's reasonable time period to allow leveling and a bunch of raid attempts. p3 is going to be ass though unless they produce a banger of a raid/new content. 6 months of slow mount 🤮.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One character is enough for me. I want to get all the goodies on the quarm server before they go away.

• 1Barf

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
I would like to complain about how much time will be spent pre 60. How they will release 60 raids in the winter, it will be uneven or not enough time (likely 3 months then --> era SoD Client with a release of true classic+). Then everyone will quit and we'll have spent most of our time pre 60 without all of our abilities toying with runes that won't be fully imagined or realized because we only had 2 months at 60 messing around with them before FRESH classic+ is released and we all abandon the 'old thing'.

Just feels like raiding one raid per bracket with dozens of new fun runes is just

/rant off

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
One character is enough for me. I want to get all the goodies on the quarm server before they go away.

I wish I had friends to play this with me, leveling even a mage to max from scratch just seems like a ton of work on 1 char server.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yea max level questing is great gold, quests flip gold amounts at 25
I have 20 completed quests ready to hand in super fast when next phase releases. I have been trying to camp a few more "drop" quests like The Harvester but it's a 12 hour spawn and in this crowded server it's pretty tough to locate. I figure I will get to 27-28 or so and then chain run dungeons.

Edit: I suppose for farming gold at cap you'd want to do quests like level 26-30? I assume at 40 quests 31ish should still be green?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would like to complain about how much time will be spent pre 60. How they will release 60 raids in the winter, it will be uneven or not enough time (likely 3 months then --> era SoD Client with a release of true classic+). Then everyone will quit and we'll have spent most of our time pre 60 without all of our abilities toying with runes that won't be fully imagined or realized because we only had 2 months at 60 messing around with them before FRESH classic+ is released and we all abandon the 'old thing'.

Just feels like raiding one raid per bracket with dozens of new fun runes is just

/rant off

Pretty sure that isn't going to happen. SoD will be around for a while.

• 1Like