World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Class Breakdowns

1. Druids: OP. Best DPS. Can fill all the other roles adequately.
  2. Hunters & Rogues: Quite strong and mostly balanced for what they do.
  3. Warriors: If they are well played and geared, they are just fine.
  4. Priests: They heal. They do it well.
  5. Shaman: Tanking, they are pretty great. Tons of Agro, but have some mana issues and better with single target tanking. The other specs aren't as good but they do fine.
  6. Mage: Doesn't DPS as good as the other DPS classes, doesn't heal as good as the other healers. They don't suck, but everyone else does their roles better right now.
  7. Warlock: It is a struggle. Lots of potential here, but they are behind most of the other classes in both DPS and Tanking. They just need more levels and spell ranks than what is available in Phase 1. In Raids they are mostly there to add their utility and loot cloth so it doesn't get disenchanted.
N/A: Paladins: I'm sure they are OP, because Alliance gets easy mode game, but I not a fgt and I play Horde.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Class Breakdowns

5. Shaman: Tanking, they are pretty great. Tons of Agro, but have some mana issues and better with single target tanking. The other specs aren't as good but they do fine.
  6. Mage: Doesn't DPS as good as the other DPS classes, doesn't heal as good as the other healers. They don't suck, but everyone else does their roles better right now.
  7. Warlock: It is a struggle. Lots of potential here, but they are behind most of the other classes in both DPS and Tanking. They just need more levels and spell ranks than what is available in Phase 1. In Raids they are mostly there to add their utility and loot cloth so it doesn't get disenchanted.
N/A: Paladins: I'm sure they are OP, because Alliance gets easy mode game, but I not a fgt and I play Horde.
Warriors top parse every fight in BFD except for the turtle which is all warlocks and its not even really close. Both of those classes are very good lol
Mages are also pretty good but it relies on the rest of the raid doing sufficient dps so they don't go OOM, and having a 2nd mage helps to get scorch stacks up asap.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Class Breakdowns

Lol? its basically all warriors, with a smattering of rogues in the raid dps. Then hunters.

1 or 2 druid/warlocks might sneak in. At least in the top. Calling warlocks a struggle is hilarious. They can be up there in the raid, not too far behind the top and aff is amazing in pvp. Ours tanks the first boss and helps on last boss if needed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Metamorphosis Warlocks are really powerful in PvP? Can't touch the fuckers. Can kill everything else.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every raid Ive done hunter and rogue smash. Druids are really good but not top dps at all. The resist nerfs seemed to help caster dps atm but still mana issues are big.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Every raid Ive done hunter and rogue smash. Druids are really good but not top dps at all. The resist nerfs seemed to help caster dps atm but still mana issues are big.
The problem with casters isn't dps. It's dpm (mana). The spells are just way too inefficient for casters to keep up with free-swinging melee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
To be TOP dps druids need to power shift really effectively. It's a pain in the ass and not fun at all. You can power shift without min maxing it and still do really good dps. I believe our feral did 150dps on Aku'mai last night.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem with casters isn't dps. It's dpm (mana). The spells are just way too inefficient for casters to keep up with free-swinging melee.
Stack world buffs(bfd, ashenvale, dmf), elixir, mana oil. Makes every fight fast. Ours last night were 40-50 seconds and then 2 minutes on the ones with phases( murloc , last boss), even our kelric only got one sleep phase in . Lady and elemental were 39 seconds and 45 second fights. Jett took 2 minutes too because we still switch to wf totem and of course lightning.

But warrior/rogues are befitting from WF so early really well. For example our warrior had 36 white hits(50% of his dmg was auto attack), with 18 proc of WF. So half his white hits were wf hits. On Kelris.

A lot of parsing is just fight duration. The top Kelris parses are only a minute long. Some rng invovled too I think. How quick you get a portal to spawn.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Stack world buffs(bfd, ashenvale, dmf), elixir, mana oil. Makes every fight fast. Ours last night were 40-50 seconds and then 2 minutes on the ones with phases( murloc , last boss), even our kelric only got one sleep phase in . Lady and elemental were 39 seconds and 45 second fights. Jett took 2 minutes too because we still switch to wf totem and of course lightning.

But warrior/rogues are befitting from WF so early really well. For example our warrior had 36 white hits(50% of his dmg was auto attack), with 18 proc of WF. So half his white hits were wf hits. On Kelris.

A lot of parsing is just fight duration. The top Kelris parses are only a minute long. Some rng invovled too I think. How quick you get a portal to spawn.
On alliance, this is the only way we get WF procs. So feral druids have become meta on every alliance raid.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
1703101987575.jpeg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious what they will do with wild strikes. Also compared to WF totem. Seems WF totem is a set AP(with talents to improve) for the extra swing. Wildstrikes is a 20% of AP. So latter should scale better eventually.

For alliance, basically required to use wild strikes for entire duration of SoD. Unless they give a new updated one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any Alliance stealthers on Lone Wolf? Come to Hillsbrad and hang out with me. I have a secret mission should you choose to accept it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Curious what they will do with wild strikes. Also compared to WF totem. Seems WF totem is a set AP(with talents to improve) for the extra swing. Wildstrikes is a 20% of AP. So latter should scale better eventually.

Also for alliance, basically required to use wild strikes for entire duration of SoD. Unless they give a new updated one.

Wildstrikes will basically always outscale windfury totem if this is the case, maybe not the first rank of it though. Should be interesting to see if they try and re-balance either of them. The druid version will massively outscale it at 60 though lol

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Wildstrikes will basically always outscale windfury totem if this is the case, maybe not the first rank of it though. Should be interesting to see if they try and re-balance either of them. The druid version will massively outscale it at 60 though lol
If we assume the rune doesn't change (meaning it stays at 20% bonus to AP). Then when compared to Rank 3 WF, it will only outclass it once base AP of a player goes beyond 1,575. I have no idea how easy it is for a melee class to hit that mark in classic gear.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
If we assume the rune doesn't change (meaning it stays at 20% bonus to AP). Then when compared to Rank 3 WF, it will only outclass it once base AP of a player goes beyond 1,575. I have no idea how easy it is for a melee class to hit that mark in classic gear.
Hmm yeah i was thinking it would on average be around there but i think im misremembering. It must actually be somewhere closer to 600-800 so you're probably right.
In that case yeah, with IMP WF totem it gives ~410ap and that would require 2k AP to outmatch

• 1Like