World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bought like 50gold back in 2004 to finish what i needed for an epic mount and have no regrets. Got it soon before they stopped selling the old school models

271039.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, uh, I guess there just wasn't really botting before gdkp, right?

You can't think of any reason to amass gold except gdkp, or any reason to rmt except for it, so you think it MUST be the cause? Am I wrong? Meanwhile, wow is filled with whales (and so are many games) that will pay for their shit one way or another. Also meanwhile, not everyone is an impulsive autist who NEEDS items that drop and will do anything to get it like buy gold if that's the system.

Bots exist wherever there is a 3rd party market for gold which results in a profit. Gdkp is not the exclusive source of desire for gold, even if you personally can't think past it.
I'd love to hear from someone who bought more than $100 worth of gold and didn't spend it on gdkp.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
PvP twinks that cost hundreds of gold, mounts, prebis and bis gear. Random ass gear while leveling to have fun, the list goes on and on. Hell back in wow classic me and some friends all spent a couple hundred on gold just to twink our characters while leveling. Always wearing new blues and purples. Didn’t even make it past 50 cause EQ or something launched.
I mean speaking of EQ, it’s not like GDKP is a big thing there except mischief. People spend hundreds on krono all the time.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd love to hear from someone who bought more than $100 worth of gold and didn't spend it on gdkp.

Played eq with plenty of people who paid for items such as having people run their non-raid alts through raid zones and give over loot. Paid a lot; well over 100 (dozen kr or whatever). In wow, I know this is a thing, because the world first racers have openly talking about the big money that was made from it. So there were people doing it. I saw people advertising stuff like wc runs where you'd just chill at the ent and they'd stealth bosses to get your item - people paying gold for that service. I think some of the rarer items like the hat from hillsbrad were going for high amounts of gold, maybe not 100 but that ballpark?

People who want to rmt are going to rmt if its convenient to rmt. Gdkp is just a means to an end for them. The only way it increases the rmt side is if it in and of itself causes people to buy gold who would not have bought gold except for gdkp's existence.

• 1Like

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SoM was > SoD . this phase is way too fucking long for the amount of "content" they had ready. it got pushed out with the only new thing (ashenvale) buggy as shit, BFD is a faceroll and a joke to be called "end game" content. you cant just give a dozen nerds a twitter account to post on and say youre developing something new. they threw a tiny ass team at an idea to bring in subs but they cant keep up with troubleshooting the current phase were in to develeop "new" content for the next phases. which is just adding a spell or two to existing old content. and were only at lvl 25. how are they gonna freshen up MC/AQ/NAXX at this pace

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
SoM was > SoD . this phase is way too fucking long for the amount of "content" they had ready. it got pushed out with the only new thing (ashenvale) buggy as shit, BFD is a faceroll and a joke to be called "end game" content. you cant just give a dozen nerds a twitter account to post on and say youre developing something new. they threw a tiny ass team at an idea to bring in subs but they cant keep up with troubleshooting the current phase were in to develeop "new" content for the next phases. which is just adding a spell or two to existing old content. and were only at lvl 25. how are they gonna freshen up MC/AQ/NAXX at this pace
You'll be back Feb 8

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

When your signature is :
Scarab Lord Rend - Blackhand Vanilla Server
Scarab Lord Omar - Whitemane Classic Server
Scarab Lord Butchy - Jom Gabbar SoM Server

Everyone knows you will swallow anything blizzard gives you.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When your signature is :
Scarab Lord Rend - Blackhand Vanilla Server
Scarab Lord Omar - Whitemane Classic Server
Scarab Lord Butchy - Jom Gabbar SoM Server

Everyone knows you will swallow anything blizzard gives you.
1705386779263.png

• 1Faggotry

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to put together a Dwarf Female Priest & Paladin 2box for SOD.
So far I've 2boxed:
  • hunter/priest to level 25
  • druid/druid to level 16
  • warrior/paladin to level 16
  • At level 16 I switched the warrior's paladin to a druid, they just hit 20
It all works pretty well. The leveling game was never hard, 2boxing effectively makes it trivial, and the runes just compound that.

I think the hunter/priest combo was the strongest. The hunter pet is just such a strong tank and the priest healing is amazing. They nerfed both after I moved on from them. I want to see how wild strike works on the druid that's paired with the warrior. Warrior's are so gear dependent that my warrior in shit leveling gear is so much weaker than my hunter's pet. And I know as soon as he hits 25 and I get him a few pieces of gear I'll lose interest.

I'm thinking about making a warlock/mage next.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So far I've 2boxed:
It all works pretty well. I think the hunter/priest combo was the strongest. The hunter pet is just such a strong tank and the priest healing is amazing. They nerfed both after I moved on from them. I want to see how wild strike works on the druid that's paired with the warrior.
My leveling partner (when we aren't spamming dungeons) is a warrior. Wild Strikes and the ability to pop out and heal in between packs of mobs has been insanely powerful.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So far I've 2boxed:
It all works pretty well. The leveling game was never hard, 2boxing effectively makes it trivial, and the runes just compound that.

I think the hunter/priest combo was the strongest. The hunter pet is just such a strong tank and the priest healing is amazing. They nerfed both after I moved on from them. I want to see how wild strike works on the druid that's paired with the warrior. Warrior's are so gear dependent that my warrior in shit leveling gear is so much weaker than my hunter's pet. And I know as soon as he hits 25 and I get him a few pieces of gear I'll lose interest.

I'm thinking about making a warlock/mage next.

Mage/Mage would be pretty crazy.