World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris

Potato del Grande
Paladins, get Guarded by the Light from Alterac. It makes it very difficult to go OOM.

It's allowed me to drop Crusader Strike and use Hand of Reckoning, enabling 2H tanking. Exorcism rune is better than Avenger's Sheild too because of the cooldown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
My feral druid on Wild Growth-Alliance is at 32 now, still having a pretty good time with Phase 2 and SOD overall. I've got most of the new runes, the sleeping bag, tried out the new Blood Moon PVP event, etc. Running the Blackfathom Deeps raid post-25 is a lot of fun; it's fast and a ton of XP, even in a pickup group.

The PVP event is probably the only real clunker so far - it seems to encourage death balls of raid groups to run around, smashing anyone who hasn't found a group while simultaneously avoiding any other competing raid groups for fear of downtime. I've only done it twice however, so I may be missing something about it.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
nothing about the stv event sounds enticing, except the rewards. really poor design when so much opportunity for something better exists.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Graveyard camping is the meta for STV event

You dont earn blood though iirc , after you die and rez at Gy(Via the ghost) you have a debuff for 60 seconds and if you have the debuff people cant earn blood from you.

Apparently before they fixed it, you could GY camp and earn tons of coins.

Sucks my weapon is from there, need 1500 copper coins.

Needless

Toe Sucker
got 40 on the hunter, time to farm the first boss of SM GY until my fucking book drops hhnnghh
it feels so bad not having viper for mana regen

edit: surprisingly got it first kill off the first boss in SM GY lol
4928743987% QOL upgrade my god

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You dont earn blood though iirc , after you die and rez at Gy(Via the ghost) you have a debuff for 60 seconds and if you have the debuff people cant earn blood from you.

Apparently before they fixed it, you could GY camp and earn tons of coins.

Sucks my weapon is from there, need 1500 copper coins.
Some people do it for spite?

the PvP two hander is better than the gnomer version, so I have to try for it as well. Going to take years as a warrior.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Some people do it for spite?

the PvP two hander is better than the gnomer version, so I have to try for it as well. Going to take years as a warrior.

As someone who is employed full time, I'll never again do the pvp servers. I tried the new Turtle WoW pvp realm, and ended up with a full time stalker, complete with using an alt to check friends list and find me in zone lol. Just people shitting where they play, then whining when 90% of the server is Horde or whatever. /veto

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If you have a group of 5 the pvp event is actually fun as fuck. Don’t bother going solo. It will be aids, just literal pure aids right into your gaping asshole.

• 2Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
signal-2024-02-11-09-15-05-917.jpg

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh well for newer higher rep etc Azeroth commerce authority items. Bet a few grinded exalted that are salty.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just short of 40 as Paladin.

SM Catherdral is full of turbo assholes.

I've tanked 50 Library and Armory perfectly in DPS spec with a 2H, people ask for more or less pulls depending on their DPS/healing and had 12 minute runs in both.

So I get to Cathedral and people want the same spell/melee cleave they had on tight corridors with mostly melee mobs, but here it's caster patrols everywhere. Then they are passive aggressive about what they expect.

Had one fucker ask for the Hunter to pull without telling me if I was doing too much/too little, then he failed to heal the Hunter so dead Hunter. Then the mages just want to kite the whole instance at once and sucky healers want me to wear a sheild despite my 50 runs without speed running everything.

I just want to carefully and quickly snipe the patrols and pull 2-3 groups at once in places that make sense. Now I see why I was playing with multiple players hitting 40 in Armory instead.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just short of 40 as Paladin.

SM Catherdral is full of turbo assholes.

I've tanked 50 Library and Armory perfectly in DPS spec with a 2H, people ask for more or less pulls depending on their DPS/healing and had 12 minute runs in both.

So I get to Cathedral and people want the same spell/melee cleave they had on tight corridors with mostly melee mobs, but here it's caster patrols everywhere. Then they are passive aggressive about what they expect.

Had one fucker ask for the Hunter to pull without telling me if I was doing too much/too little, then he failed to heal the Hunter so dead Hunter. Then the mages just want to kite the whole instance at once and sucky healers want me to wear a sheild despite my 50 runs without speed running everything.

I just want to carefully and quickly snipe the patrols and pull 2-3 groups at once in places that make sense. Now I see why I was playing with multiple players hitting 40 in Armory instead.
Cathedral is a large step up in difficulty over Armory, whereas Armory has most issues for groups, on bosses, Cathedral had shitty trash too; packs, pats, and runners would all get people in trouble fast. It's been a while, but I think it was the monks that would just chew through anyone they touched.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not that anyone here has noticed since we are all SM grinding to 40. But the bot armies are still in full force and effect out in the open world. Banning GDKP had ZERO effect. Just as some of us predicted. Sylas Sylas you're still an autist moron.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cathedral is a large step up in difficulty over Armory, whereas Armory has most issues for groups, on bosses, Cathedral had shitty trash too; packs, pats, and runners would all get people in trouble fast. It's been a while, but I think it was the monks that would just chew through anyone they touched.
Yeah it's just that my instincts from playing WoW the first time is to snipe all those patrols and pull to safe locations where runners don't matter. I can clear it safely and quickly.

I'm not sure there is a safe or easy way to pull large amounts of it at once other than the actual Cathedral bit.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Banning GDKP had ZERO effect. Just as some of us predicted. Sylas Sylas you're still an autist moron.

lol - if you have a bot operation that generates $X per month, you aren't gonna suddenly scrap that operation overnight as soon as the GDKP ban goes into effect. You keep the bot operation running to see how much the GDKP ban reduced demand.

Business 101 from Kaines Kaines

1707751716978.png

I am not autistic.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it's just that my instincts from playing WoW the first time is to snipe all those patrols and pull to safe locations where runners don't matter. I can clear it safely and quickly.

I'm not sure there is a safe or easy way to pull large amounts of it at once other than the actual Cathedral bit.
All my SM runs have been AoE, whether in a melee group or pulling for a mage group. Even in Cathedral it’s the way to go. Just get 3-5 mobs at a time though, not 12-15.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now I'm lv40 after only chain running dungeons, I don't want to play WoW ever again.

• 2Like