World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khane

Got something right about marriage
BRD will definitely be a raid. It's too obvious since running that dungeon 100% was almost already a 5 man raid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They do this with all the dungeons that are on the next tier list. You cant do ZG either. It would trivialize a lot of content.
hrm. In P1 only gnomer was locked, you could zone into SM, RFK, and RFD no problem, even though they were next tier.

But I guess yeah, you are right, this time around they ended up locking a lot more dungeons so it doesn't really indicate which one they will pick.

personally I hope its ST because I always liked that dungeon but most people avoid it cus they get confused/lost even though its pretty simple layout. Though I could see maraudon being it since it really is just 2 long hallways that lead to the same location and it already has the built in skip with the Scepter, pretty simple to adapt that like they did the gnomer teleporters, and it wouldn't be really any more difficult to adapt the same way they blocked off routes in gnomer and closed off the backdoor to make it a linear layout.

also I may be the outlier here but I hope that they DON'T make BRD a raid, because its my favorite classic dungeon as is and it gets ran constantly as a dungeon already, and when 50 is the cap it'll be ran repeatedly for the gear/drops/quests/etc.

The idea behind these so far it seems is taking the out of the way dungeons that don't see much use (BFD, Gnomer) and turning them into raids. in that regard ST is most likely, though maraudon saw a ton of usage it was almost entirely for boosting, so I could also see that one too.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how long is alliance locked on Lonewolf or w/e? Or is it going to stay that way for weeks?
Check everyday it goes in and out, you’ll be able to create a character eventually. Probably not weeks but I don’t know how bad the imbalance is these days. Feels like Horde vastly outnumber us.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's weird, the gap between lv25 world loot and BFD was MASSIVE. The gap between lv40 world loot and Gnomer loot is much less dramatic. So why be fussy about lockouts now?

I don't think these raids are a good use of resources since the original dungeons are removed, it doesn't actually increase the amount of content.

Should have been a dungeon loot update and a brand new raid, they should have done Stonetalon Peak for lv25 which is a huge dungeon in Warcraft 3. For lv40 they should have done Grim Batol. Just reuse assets from future expansions, then it's the same amount of work to make boss encounters and loot.
Wasted resources for non max content imo. The purpose of these raids is just for shit to do at the max lvl of the phase
All of this shit is just beta testing Classic + anyway so it is what it is

They do this with all the dungeons that are on the next tier list. You cant do ZG either. It would trivialize a lot of content.

It's all trivialized with the raid loot anyway, i think its more because they plan on revamping the loot of these dungeons before phase 3 like they did with dungeons in phase 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I lied, I hate getting nuked into oblivion by horde casters 5 matches in a row.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
AB fun. Just hit honored rep / 90k honor for the week.

1708315146396.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I stopped at 48k honor this week, seems like enough for r5. I had to finish off my WSG rep, and the AB stuff isn't *that* good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I stopped at 48k honor this week, seems like enough for r5. I had to finish off my WSG rep, and the AB stuff isn't *that* good.
What's good about the AB and WSG stuff is that you continue to get new stuff the next 2 tiers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I lied, I hate getting nuked into oblivion by horde casters 5 matches in a row.

I feel like I made the right choice leaving my warrior untouched at level 25 lol (yes yes, POTENTIAL(TM))

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the exact same thing. Hit r5, WSG exalted and working on AB rep. But not so motivated on that one.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I made the right choice leaving my warrior untouched at level 25 lol (yes yes, POTENTIAL(TM))
Warriors are good if they've got pocket healers, same as it ever was. Warriors were never good on their own in vanilla.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did the exact same thing. Hit r5, WSG exalted and working on AB rep. But not so motivated on that one.
The best way to get AB rep right now blood coins. 1 silver = 200 rep, which is more than you get in a math. Can easily get 3-4 silver in 30 minutes during the STV event, so 600-800 rep.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's good about the AB and WSG stuff is that you continue to get new stuff the next 2 tiers.
Exalted WSG bracers are BIS for this phase for sure, not sure about AB stuff but I think a belt at 40 is semi decent.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Exalted WSG bracers are BIS for this phase for sure, not sure about AB stuff but I think a belt at 40 is semi decent.
What I mean is that the WSG level 50 bracers will be BiS for that phase too, and at 60 the ones from that tier will be better than anything that's not a level 60 set piece and still better than most set pieces.

The same goes for the AB stuff, the level 50 and 60 versions remain good and you don't have to regrind. So, if you do the grind now, you get easy access to new, strong gear right away the next 2 phases.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I mean is that the WSG level 50 bracers will be BiS for that phase too, and at 60 the ones from that tier will be better than anything that's not a level 60 set piece and still better than most set pieces.

The same goes for the AB stuff, the level 50 and 60 versions remain good and you don't have to regrind. So, if you do the grind now, you get easy access to new, strong gear right away the next 2 phases.
oh right I completely misread what you typed