World War Z

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You are the one who wanted to know what about this film screams that it is just like every other zombie movie. The answer to that question is everything. Everything about this movie screams that is going to be just like every other zombie. The only thing that sets this film apart are the star and the people who made it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All of which misses the point that this movie is in no way, shape, or form World War Z. AND was so bad they wouldn't release it without forcing Mr Pitt to go and reshoot a bunch of it. Really gives me faith, no really, it does.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mean, to be completely fair, I don't think theres enough to say this movie will definitely be a flop yet. Being yet another rehashed zombie movie doesnt necessarily mean its gonna be bad. I just know I'm going to wait for the reviews before I touch this one myself.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh it's highly unlikely to flop (well, depending upon how much it cost to make of course) and I don't think anyone is saying that. Shitty movies make bank all the time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh it's highly unlikely to flop (well, depending upon how much it cost to make of course) and I don't think anyone is saying that. Shitty movies make bank all the time.
Yea you're entirely correct. What I should of said is there isnt enough to know if the movie will be bad. Its certainly pointing that way, but theres a chance its a decent movie still.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Being yet another rehashed zombie movie doesnt necessarily mean its gonna be bad.
Don't really think that saying this is rehash of zombie movies is fair. Judging from the trailer there has never been any zombie movie released that compares to what they have shown so far.
Maybe dawn of the dead or 28 days later comes close. Besides the questionable cgi there has been no movie of this production value to date. That or I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't really think that saying this is rehash of zombie movies is fair. Judging from the trailer there has never been any zombie movie released that compares to what they have shown so far.
Maybe dawn of the dead or 28 days later comes close. Besides the questionable cgi there has been no movie of this production value to date. That or I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.
When your "zombie movie" has questionable CGI zombies... you might have a problem.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I Am Legend had questionable CGI zombies and it was a fantastic movie. So at least it can be done.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i cried manly tears after watching I Am Legend. Because Will Smith got old and boring that day.

Cybsled

I am Legend was actually pretty good until the dog died. After that, the movie turned to total shit.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The Omega Man is campy as hell but conveys the whole point of that story a hell of a lot better than I Am Legend does. The alternate ending for Legend is certainly better than what they ended up going with but still doesn't redeem what was all around pretty awful. I enjoyed maybe the first 10 minutes and then after that was either bored or pissed off.

Hell, the Homega Man Treehouse of Horror Simpsons episode was even better.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The latest trailer looks great to me.

The things that made WWZ great was the focus on the overall world outbreak and how people were dealing with it. However, it also had alot of stupid parts. The biggest one was Yonkers. It was cool initially but the more you think about it, the more ridiculious it gets with slow zombies. Slow stupid zombies simply arent going to be able to outflank a modern army. Talking about "fighting the last war", hell, the military in Yonkers was fighting WW1 style. I don't believe it would have worked onscreen at all.

Seeing a world outbreak with fast zombies could be quite awesome. The helicopter being pulled down I thought was chilling in the trailer.