WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember almost all pallys wearing cloth during vanilla... seemed like each one had a damn skirt on most the time. Same with hunters wearing leather and warriors picking up a few pieces.

However, I do think the pvt scene has really min/maxed shit beyond what i remember in vanilla and its going to be hilarious to watch it play out.

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
I seem to have offended a pve elitist.

You raid to get the best gear, then go pvp with it. You're probably the type that gets it to stand in IF /afk (but you're really not) to show it off.

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Aside from Paladins and Shaman wearing cloth because some gear was just so well itemized it's BiS through the whole game most classes BiS gear is the proper armor type save for one or two pieces. Plus what kind of American Inventor faggot brags about 5 months experience on a private server like it makes them an expert on things. There are people who have been combing through gear for fucking years looking at the ins and outs of this game. It isn't new that Vanilla itemization had things like this but as has been pointed out to you already you didn't even need crazy min/max or 53 world buffs to clear the fucking content in the first place.

People might be more open to the points you are poorly attempting to make but you come across as an unlikeable faggot in every post which is more of the issue than anything else. We get it you are salty because you keep getting passed over for loot to Paladins. I am sure in part it's because Paladins heal better but also probably because your guild doesn't value you and thinks you are a piece of shit. Just taking a stab in the dark based on your attitude here. I mean if you act the same way I would loot council to Stevo the retard Paladin who is ret and shows up once a month over you.

World of Warcraft Classic - Best in Slot

Does raiding every week for five months and clearing all raid content in the game give me a better knowledge of current meta than people who haven't? Rhetorical question, don't answer

I'm adamant about my experience, especially when the replies of people questioning me consist of "well in my day it was different", of course it was that's the whole point

If you want to play casually, not optimise your gear, specs etc then that's your prerogative.

Classic will be different because guilds will be clearing every raid the day it's released. Guilds will be judged on their clear times and individual players will have their DPS/hps uploaded for all to see.

That's where the competition will come from

• 1Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Does raiding every week for five months and clearing all raid content in the game give me a better knowledge of current meta than people who haven't? Rhetorical question, don't answer

I'm adamant about my experience, especially when the replies of people questioning me consist of "well in my day it was different", of course it was that's the whole point

If you want to play casually, not optimise your gear, specs etc then that's your prerogative.

Classic will be different because guilds will be clearing every raid the day it's released. Guilds will be judged on their clear times and individual players will have their DPS/hps uploaded for all to see.

theres-that-fag-talk-again.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most non fags here prob won't give a shit about lol dps and hps timers and be cool with clearing MC in an hour or two a week.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Most non fags here prob won't give a shit about lol dps and hps timers and be cool with clearing MC in an hour or two a week.

but but but Captain Fish and Chips and the other euro fags with 15 warriors in leather gear can kill it 5 minutes faster........

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
but but but Captain Fish and Chips and the other euro fags with 15 warriors in leather gear can kill it 5 minutes faster........

Far more important to have a guild drinking game during raids

Main tank dies? Healers take a shot!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You were effectively playing a mod version of a game. No emu server is a perfect data dump of orginal, and even then, wow classic isn't going to perfectly recreate original either. Most importantly, wow classic and your emu server won't match each other.

Meanwhile, speed running? Who the fuck cares. Truly hardcore players want visible bis gear for their epeening, not some arbitrary clear time nonsense. They will split raid.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You were effectively playing a mod version of a game. No emu server is a perfect data dump of orginal, and even then, wow classic isn't going to perfectly recreate original either. Most importantly, wow classic and your emu server won't match each other.

I never said it was a perfect replica, even the devs don't claim that.

The question is whether the meta is different today because pvt servers are wrong or because people understand the game better than they did 15 years ago

The answer is obvious imo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Meanwhile, speed running? Who the fuck cares. Truly hardcore players want visible bis gear for their epeening, not some arbitrary clear time nonsense. They will split raid.
WoW Classic isn't going to recreate the original AT ALL. You're playing 1.12. He's right about raids, that shit is gonna be cleared the first two hours it's released.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WoW Classic isn't going to recreate the original AT ALL. You're playing 1.12. He's right about raids, that shit is gonna be cleared the first two hours it's released.

He is right that it will be a steamrolled joke, but I never disagreed. I disagree that a meta established based on balance on an emu plus speedrun goals which I expect to be replaced by bis gearing ambitions as the focus will carry over. They won't, or not entirely at least, and the classic meta will be different than emus as well as different than 2004.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He is right that it will be a steamrolled joke, but I never disagreed. I disagree that a meta established based on balance on an emu plus speedrun goals which I expect to be replaced by bis gearing ambitions as the focus will carry over. They won't, or not entirely at least, and the classic meta will be different than emus as well as different than 2004.
I think you'd be surprised. The meta will be who has the highest dps to kill these bosses

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. I disagree that a meta established based on balance on an emu plus speedrun goals which I expect to be replaced by bis gearing ambitions as the focus will carry over.

Huh? But surely the point of getting better gear is to make your character stronger, which improves raid performance? They're linked, ones not going to replace the other

Besides it's only a handful of "hardcore" guilds that care about speed on Northdale, using invis pots to skip trash etc

The rest are semi hardcore, but that doesn't change the fact that most raids have more furies than rogues

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Who gives a shit anyways, were talking the top 1%ers no life motherfuckers anyway. Most will be here to have fun and relive the classic shit from an adult perspective (for most people anyway) Raids as I see them for most guilds like ours will be not who min maxes but who the fuck is available to raid in the firs place.

Also another problem is there was no multi spec in this iteration of WoW, was there? Which means on PvP servers people are pretty much specced for PvP, and like was mentioned you PvE to get geared to PvP. So this also poses certain challenges too because I dont see too many people respeccing every time they raid, lol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Who gives a shit anyways, were talking the top 1%ers no life motherfuckers anyway. Most will be here to have fun and relive the classic shit from an adult perspective (for most people anyway) Raids as I see them for most guilds like ours will be not who min maxes but who the fuck is available to raid in the firs place.

Also another problem is there was no multi spec in this iteration of WoW, was there? Which means on PvP servers people are pretty much specced for PvP, and like was mentioned you PvE to get geared to PvP. So this also poses certain challenges too.

Totally. I am going to spec tank and just stick with it if at all possible. I am not going to plan leveling routes and whatever 1% bullshit people are talking about. I aim to have a good time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Also another problem is there was no multi spec in this iteration of WoW, was there? Which means on PvP servers people are pretty much specced for PvP, and like was mentioned you PvE to get geared to PvP. So this also poses certain challenges too because I dont see too many people respeccing every time they raid, lol.
This is a recipe for disaster in a way. There will be a subset of poopsockers that resent those that are ultra casual. It's a problem the FoH guild had as well. Not saying it won't work, but the forum is no longer one-size-fits all where everyone is ultra hardcore. But some are

• 1Like