WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I actually started playing this last week. Got a paladin (Calhoon) up to 32 on the alliance side. Though it's not as brutal as Project 1999, it's still a lot of fun.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I quit a while ago but I'm sorely tempted to come back for fun. What I really want is Corecraft to be not vapor

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ive been playing but this week seems like lot of DDoS and they had a day where their hdd or something crashed, causing a rollback and unless you had screenshot of where your character was prior (if you lost anything - level items) they wouldnt reimburse. Sucks. Hopefully the ddos stops, last night was bad, got disconnected everytime after logging in for a good hour.

Otherwise seems like healthy population

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Ive been playing but this week seems like lot ofDDoSand they had a day where their hdd or something crashed, causing a rollback and unless you had screenshot of where your character was prior (if you lost anything - level items) they wouldnt reimburse. Sucks. Hopefully the ddos stops, last night was bad, got disconnected everytime after logging in for a good hour.

Otherwise seems like healthy population
yeah that is the risk with all these type of setups- especially the higher regarded ones. losers just want to fuck with them and ruin everyones fun

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Been fine all weekend since then though, and now im waiting in a que for 6 minutes, #85 in line.. wow :p

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Playing this and P99 because clearly I hate every modern MMO. I never really experienced vanilla WoW outside of the first 15 or so levels so this should be interesting.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Playing this and P99 because clearly I hate every modern MMO. I never really experienced vanilla WoW outside of the first 15 or so levels so this should be interesting.
My main issue with ED was the Horde/Alliance imbalance and the DDoS attacks. Just a weekend too many when I was in the mood to play and the server was down. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time there - never got to check out AV (think I quit in mid-40s). Is it the original AV or the late Vanilla AV with the fun shutdown?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah.. from reading the forums it seemed like horde >>> alliance, but might be fun as a pair of rogues (on alliance), my buddy and i. I used to run in stealth groups in vanilla before, was lots of fun.

SpellCzech_sl

shitlord
I've played wow all the way from vanilla to up to the last patch where I refuse to watch my beloved Ogrimmar become a raid zone for the alliance to trample through like a playground.

I've played every class to 90 now... but, the first class I ever rolled and never gave up on.... ROGUE.. even when many turned their back on them over the last few expansions except when there were a few gimmicks, I stayed true because it is a brilliant class. So many confused rogues abilities and chose to only see them as burst with big numbarz, but those other like minded people like me, know a rogues true potential was and always will be control. Before the introduction of DR's a skilled rogue could beat you in a tabard with only daggers... we were gods.

If this server turns out to be as good as I hope it is, though I am a devout horde fan and always have been.. just the pure faction imbalance drives my hand to be the alliance version of "Grim". I intend to give it a look tonight. Playing from Australia so it will be informative to see what the peek hours are and how the server feels itself.

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
Was playing for a while here, and it's a really fun server. Can only play here and there though with real life stuff going on.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been thinking about giving this a shot... Prot Warrior or Shadow Priest?
Either will get you into most groups pretty easy. Whichever you will want to keep playing. There's not all that much content out now or in the future, so there's no rush towards end game. Remember, this is vanilla, so if you wanna raid as Protection that includes lots of farming for repair bills and flasks. Just sayin

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry for necro but do any of you emu players have thoughts about " the rebirth"? seems its agreed upon as a better server but has a lower pop , me and a couple friends are looking to start up a vanilla wow experience and looking for opinions

Home : Rebirth Free World of Warcraft Server

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Sorry for necro but do any of you emu players have thoughts about " the rebirth"? seems its agreed upon as a better server but has a lower pop , me and a couple friends are looking to start up a vanilla wow experience and looking for opinions

Home : Rebirth Free World of Warcraft Server
I did Emerald Dream until 30ish and had fun, but the pop was pretty low at times. If you have a group of friends with an EMU that'll actually hang around, I don't see a downside.

Since there's no reason to not do Emerald <no P99 silly mudflation, pre nerf Guises, Manastones, etc or huge changes, etc> why this server and not there?