WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think if I wasn't raiding on live, I'd be all over this shit. Vanilla WoW was quite possibly the best mmo experience I've ever had. Even with all of the class balance shortcomings.

I'd take an S keying frost shocking shaman all day over the current shit in 5.2 live.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Having never played wow (gasp), I gave this a try about a month ago. The next day I got 3 emails stating there was suspicous behaviour with my account so I changed my PW's. A few days later it happened again so I said fuck it and uninstalled.

Looking back, was I getting this msg because I wasn't logged into the actual blizzard servers? Or are hacks so bad in wow that it's even a problem on emu servers? Would give it another go if it is the former.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Having never played wow (gasp), I gave this a try about a month ago. The next day I got 3 emails stating there was suspicous behaviour with my account so I changed my PW's. A few days later it happened again so I said fuck it and uninstalled.

Looking back, was I getting this msg because I wasn't logged into the actual blizzard servers? Or are hacks so bad in wow that it's even a problem on emu servers? Would give it another go if it is the former.
Having played/raided on this server since September, I have never heard of what youre talking about. I know there are a TON of phishing emails that go out regarding "blizzard account security." Their hope being youll reply with your account info and then they don't even have to work hard to jack you.

If it's not that, then I have no clue.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
From Blizzard:

"Greetings,Due to an unusual change in your access pattern, the*Battle.net*account*<email>@gmail.com*has been locked. This can be caused by logging in from a new location, but it may also signal an attempt to compromise your account.If you have*registered for Battle.net SMS Protect, you can unlock your account by selecting "Can't log in," then selecting "I'm currently locked out of my account," and following the steps provided. If you have not registered for*Battle.net*SMS Protect, or if you feel that your account's security is at risk, please follow the steps below."

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That has absolutely nothing to do with Emerald Dream. Also @ TecKnoe - please roll alliance if you're going to bot. That way when they ban the fuck out of you I get to see the red global message.

Also, make your name recognizable.

Thanks.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/4...ld-chat-abuse/

Fucking pussy ass faggots.

I started getting those emails years ago, so its not something specific to ED/emu servers.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've never played WoW so I'm going to assume I suck at it.. Someone please advise me which ez-mode class I should roll.
I'm REALLY late to this thread, but I felt like I should post old images from vanilla that I still have on my HD.

And this was the general opinion of most Horde during vanilla.
difficulty1.jpg

This is from my days in FoH.
alliancetrainav.jpg

So is this one. (Our first Onyxia Kill)
firstonykill.jpg

My Warrior, Szader, at the end of Vanilla after killing Kil'Thuzad
ilukasue.jpg

Shortly after they opened the Battle Grounds, Alliance kept accusing Krim of exploiting. He never did, but they were often found in this same location in Warsong Gulch.
krimflag.jpg

Right before the release of Blackwing Lair, they did a revamp to Tier 2 armor and gave it actual graphics (A few pieces used to drop randomly in Molten Core prior to BWL)
newwrath.jpg

Ok, that's enough reminiscing.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
From Blizzard:

"Greetings,Due to an unusual change in your access pattern, the*Battle.net*account*<email>@gmail.com*has been locked. This can be caused by logging in from a new location, but it may also signal an attempt to compromise your account.If you have*registered for Battle.net SMS Protect, you can unlock your account by selecting "Can't log in," then selecting "I'm currently locked out of my account," and following the steps provided. If you have not registered for*Battle.net*SMS Protect, or if you feel that your account's security is at risk, please follow the steps below."
Blizzard discontinued the SMS protect a few weeks ago, if not longer.

edit: Which means they've never sent another email after even containing the SMS protect language. I've had my account locked for the same reason, and none of the emails have anything about SMS in it since they closed it.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My friend is downloading this now; oldschool WoW raider. Anyone here willing to send him some coin to get going early?

Name: bulltoad / Horde

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wish I had a picture of his Tauren warrior from Beta, before he remade as Simone. That character was awesome.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Been playing a bit on ED and I forgot just how long it took to level.
frown.png
And being unable to buy a lvl 5 wand even sucks lol.