WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the same thing ages ago. You can't play a Warrior with a fucked up charge. You just can't. It's like having sex without a dick, or having cheese and crackers without the cheese. Or the crackers. Unacceptable.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I've been ganked like twice while leveling as a mid 40s alliance. Server is pretty fun though only problem is finding the time to play.

Hustle_sl

shitlord
Good point. That got nerfed somwhere around the 1.6 or 1.8 patch right? So its Horde or get waxed a lot well you're levelng?
Yea, I think 1.8 was the normalization patch. Many tears were shed that day. Where's Emerald Dream at on its patching cycle?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
It will always be in 1.12.1 patch. I do not honestly know if weapons are normalized... need some Elitist Jerks to run intense theorycraft up in this bitch.

I know (from group/raid parses) Rogues are highest DPS -> Mages -> Fury Warriors -> Hunters -> Locks -> some other junk. I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.

Hustle_sl

shitlord
I suppose I should have looked a little closer at Trak's first post before asking that question, oops
smile.png

smile.png

odekthal_sl

shitlord
I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.
A slower weapon still has the higher damage to it when it comes to skills that scale off of weapon damage compared to a weapon with faster attack speed but similar dps

Flank_sl

shitlord
It will always be in 1.12.1 patch. I do not honestly know if weapons are normalized... need some Elitist Jerks to run intense theorycraft up in this bitch.

I know (from group/raid parses) Rogues are highest DPS -> Mages -> Fury Warriors -> Hunters -> Locks -> some other junk. I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.
I was an elitist jerk in vanilla wow (not the guild).

Weapons normalisation was actually just attack power normalisation (not weapon damage normalisation). So, when you use your instant attack it does weapon damage + attack power bonus + skill bonus (say, sinister strike might be +x). A slower weapon tends to have higher weapon damage, so the instant attack will do more damage. Prior to normalisation, a slower weapon also got a bigger bonus from attack power, but that wont be the case in 1.12.

The important thing to look for the highest average damage per hit. It's actually not that easy to work out without extensive parsing, because different weapons use different curves for their damage. Two weapons could be 10-20 damage, but one of them might do an average of 15 per hit, while the other averages 16.

Highest dps in molten core gear would be a combat dagger rogue with ACL gloves. A human sword rogue could surpass it in bwl with maladeth. Fury warrior with edgemasters should beat mage, but I dont give as fuck as warriors should shutup and tank something.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty much what I figured Flank, thanks. However, it will be tough for me to drop swords in favor of daggers, as I'm a sword gnome at heart...

I guess if it ever became extremely limiting (I'm guessing less than 5% diff from daggers -> swords) I could race change to human(they claim theyll offer it pretty soon into the new year) but I'm fairly against paying for free servers so we will have to see.

That's pretty much what I figured Flank, thanks. However, it will be tough for me to drop swords in favor of daggers, as I'm a sword gnome at heart...

I guess if it ever became extremely limiting (I'm guessing less than 5% diff from daggers -> swords) I could race change to human(they claim theyll offer it pretty soon into the new year) but I'm fairly against paying for free servers so we will have to see.
changing race for a 5% increase is way to min/max man. play the race you like
frown.png

frown.png

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I had fun on this server but ended up rage quiting due to broken warrior charge. If the Ground is not level you cancharge under the world and be forced to eat a spirit Rez. One day it was 3 in an hour. I really only wanted to play a warrior this time around but not with out charge!! Otherwise it's pretty fun, if you roll alliance check out those rampage guys they are fun to play with.
I have a level 60 warrior on ED and the charge bug isn't nearly as bad as you say. In the 15+ days played, i've charge bugged only a handful of times. It does happen and it sucks when it happens, but it's definitely not game breaking or unplayable.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Also yeah, if you roll Alliance, hit me up for some gold and/or help. The name is Origin.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
the bugs for the movement type skills like charge and blink are z-axis problems with uneven/sloped terrain. It is hard to recreate to test and i'm sure you can look at the bugtracker and see what the real cause is. it isn't all the time, it isn't most of the time. It is not perfect, but it is not very limiting IMO.

There was a decent number of people from FOH that rolled alliance side if i recall. Majority of horde raiding guilds (i.e. all but 1 or 2)are euro, though more are recently recruiting US time and they even started running pugs. Someone from alliance can chime in on that status.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Played awhile back on Alliance. Stopped due to wanting to play Skyrim/P99. Might join up horde side and have slaughter with some of you!