WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats the other fresh server people keep mentioning? Saw some people in game talking about it too - is it a new planned server with no transfers or something? The PvE server is in 1.12 still I think so its still pretty fresh as is so I wasn't sure.
Yes, no transfers. The one that just came out allowed all the old Nost players to restore their characters there. So any of the level 60's that wanted to come back, etc etc.

The fresh, as far as I understand will be no transfers, everyone starting from level 1.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Whats the other fresh server people keep mentioning? Saw some people in game talking about it too - is it a new planned server with no transfers or something? The PvE server is in 1.12 still I think so its still pretty fresh as is so I wasn't sure.

Yes. Everyone starts at level 1.

Edit: Drunk post, Crone beat me to the response and was on the next page. So uhh... confirmed true.

Last edited:

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think I remember reading that there is supposed to be one eventually, but not sure when it will come out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I remember reading that there is supposed to be one eventually, but not sure when it will come out.
Well that's disappointing. Have no interest in a PvP server where all the try hards think they are cool for ruining someone's day on a 10+ year old content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Never know, maybe the folks that want to play it for nostalgia will be all chivalrous and shit? Nost is free right? So easy to quit I suppose if that is insufferable.

I kinda wonder what wiki or other old quest/world info websites are still up and accurate for old stuff lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I've been playing on Nost PvP and I like it. For all the players online it seems like there are few griefers. The huge population means that you can usually get help if you are being ganked.

It's a good point about the world info databases. I mostly have been using AoWoW - World of Warcraft Database which I find reasonably accurate. Some important information is somewhat hard to find, such as the old petopia site for hunter pet informaiton Petopia: A picture guide to hunter companions!

The biggest problem is that WoW was never designed for 10k people online and even though they have increased spawn rates, you can still get bottlenecked on quests as you are leveling up. Hopefully things will ease up when they start the new server on the 7th of January.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing on Nost PvP and I like it. For all the players online it seems like there are few griefers. The huge population means that you can usually get help if you are being ganked.

It's a good point about the world info databases. I mostly have been using AoWoW - World of Warcraft Database which I find reasonably accurate. Some important information is somewhat hard to find, such as the old petopia site for hunter pet informaiton Petopia: A picture guide to hunter companions!

The biggest problem is that WoW was never designed for 10k people online and even though they have increased spawn rates, you can still get bottlenecked on quests as you are leveling up. Hopefully things will ease up when they start the new server on the 7th of January.

Ya there's a lot of places it's just better to grind then try and fight for quests

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Shimmering flats made me quit the PvP server. Lvl 60s running around killing you for hours and camping you was a bit too much. The issue wasn't the PvP... It was the mega huge population plus PvP. It's like your gankers worked in shifts.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
World PvP is just a standing invitation to griefing and zerging, skirmishes without value - same reason professional fighting has weight classes.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
World PvP is just a standing invitation to griefing and zerging, skirmishes without value - same reason professional fighting has weight classes.
World PvP is fine.
World PvP on a 10k pop server is just punishment.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I rolled on the PVE server, leveling a warlock. I have a decently geared, rank 10 druid on the PVP server, but the server isn't enjoyable, and having played it again now i'm reminded why i quit before. The population is a problem.

The thing about world PVP, on the PVP server, that makes me annoyed is the fact that you can rarely count on your teammates. And this is especially true in farming zones. Having done the Devilsaur gauntlet, man... what a toxic clusterfuck. Between people from your own team not wanting to help you, because they want to eliminate you as competition, to cross-faction collaboration between farming teams, fuck that shit.

The PVP server is for people with thick skin and tons of time. I have neither anymore.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I rolled on the PVE server, leveling a warlock. I have a decently geared, rank 10 druid on the PVP server, but the server isn't enjoyable, and having played it again now i'm reminded why i quit before. The population is a problem.

The thing about world PVP, on the PVP server, that makes me annoyed is the fact that you can rarely count on your teammates. And this is especially true in farming zones. Having done the Devilsaur gauntlet, man... what a toxic clusterfuck. Between people from your own team not wanting to help you, because they want to eliminate you as competition, to cross-faction collaboration between farming teams, fuck that shit.

The PVP server is for people with thick skin and tons of time. I have neither anymore.
See that does worry me a bit. Even though ED was pvp it didn't seem like that most of the time when farming out in the world. That could also be because 9/10 times I could 2v1 anyone who decided to come fuck with me. That winterfall chieftan was mine, and motherfuckers better step.

Sludig

Is there a link for the new server and this pve one? When i had googled nostb the page only had info from the shutdown. New stuff under a new name right?

Sludig

Think they apt to fresh start a pve server? The other one is at aq opening i think yall said, and that would seem a bit behind the curve to get started and have fun reclearing stuff like bwl first time.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Think they apt to fresh start a pve server? The other one is at aq opening i think yall said, and that would seem a bit behind the curve to get started and have fun reclearing stuff like bwl first time.

I don't think so. The current PVE server is only at AV atm. It doesn't even have BWL yet, so you're not very far behind.