WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
you got a temp ban for trying too log in too many times likely. i think it's like a 10 minute ban. well that's the common issue with "why am i banned" anyway.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just downloaded ED and am about to start up. What makes Rebirth so much better than ED?
ED is literally full of nazi faggots who ban/suspend you for no reason. Over the past couple months theyve disbanded 3 high end guilds and killed the only US raiding guild.

Avoid this server like the plague.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dont listen to Phoenix, ED is fine. The only time the mods bring the hammer down is when a guild uses exploits on raid content. There's only 1 butthurt guild that rerolled on Rebirth.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rebirth had some hosting issues after blizz tried legal action. rebirth won, but their cloud-based server pulled the plug on them. they have new hosting but the website is being rewritten currently and thesubbredditis currently the stand-in, which i actually prefer personally. the staff here is phenomenal by EMU standards. the scripting is the absolute best i've seen in 4 or so years of wowemu's.

ED was sold to some russian group and things aren't going the best for them. you have some kind of GM fuckery that pheonix mentioned, plus they are moving to donator gear. for me, the lag on ed/feenix servers is fucking horrible for me as i'm in america (200+ for ED, 55 for rebirth).

i started rebirth a few months back and the population has doubled since then to about 700 peak. and here's the unofficialED census.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dont listen to Phoenix, ED is fine. The only time the mods bring the hammer down is when a guild uses exploits on raid content. There's only 1 butthurt guild that rerolled on Rebirth.
Unless you confuse "exploit" with having to deal with shitty coding. JPD was disbanded because some fucktard member(swiftdeus) got sand in his vagina for being demoted or something and sent fraps videos(who saves fraps videos from 6+ month old fights on a emu server of a 10 year old game?) of Golemagg bugging out and aggroing as you went over the bridge from Geddon to Luci.

Unless the wonderful and great GMs of ED would actually say why they disbanded the guild. Is it a good server in terms of being up/stable and having a big population? Sure, but its run like shit by nazi admins. And as others have said they have recently started giving away gear for donating/voting.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hit 17 last night on my Alliance Warrior - Rebirth server. Who wants to run some Deadmines? Hit me up on Riny!

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How exactly do you set up Rebirth? I really really fucking hate reddit and never use it so all I really see is that you email them your account name and pw. Do they send you the realmlist after that

Edit: Nevermind I found the realmlist. I emailed them to make an account.

I hate nazi GMs so I'll try out rebirth but until then I'll keep at it on ED.

Crone

I believe horde, however I'm alliance and don't feel under populated at all. Besides, Paladins > Shaman.
wink.png

Crone

Friend of mine has a 60 warrior, and he gave me his infoz so I could boost myself. It's not nearly as fast as I thought it would be, even though he's DPS geared. I told him he better just step it up and get into more raids, so I can boost faster.

Hit me up on Riny, for grouping. Only level 18 right now, boosting through Deadmines.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Friend of mine has a 60 warrior, and he gave me his infoz so I could boost myself. It's not nearly as fast as I thought it would be, even though he's DPS geared. I told him he better just step it up and get into more raids, so I can boost faster.

Hit me up on Riny, for grouping. Only level 18 right now, boosting through Deadmines.
Elite spiders in southern silithus for best boosting exp.

Crone

Elite spiders in southern silithus for best boosting exp.
Awesome, will check it out. Thanks for the info. I never boosted in vanilla, so was just going through the dungeons, but that sounds better!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Oh no - it's boring as sin. I had to do it because I was the first 50 in our guild and I wanted to raid faster. However I did get my buddy from 1-50 in I think just under 3 days played.

Crone

Buddy said he can't solo those spiders very well. We might just stick with the dungeons so I can get the gear, so I'm not gimp when I try and do some questing on my own.

Also, some boxers on the server as well, running near full groups. There's an old school addon called quick heal that through the /qh command will determine who in group/raid needs healed the most, and what rank of heal spell to cast. In combo with keyboard broadcasting/isboxer, they are running warrior mains with healers behind them. Makes for super easy questing.

On every night usually after 8pm PDT. Questing or boosting, and have lots of toons to play so no worries if just getting started. Hit me up!

Flank_sl

shitlord
I had a 60 mage on this server, that I levelled when rebirth first opened. I tnink it was alliance. I think i will log in for a couple of hours to night and have a run around.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
There's an old school addon called quick heal that through the /qh command will determine who in group/raid needs healed the most, and what rank of heal spell to cast. In combo with keyboard broadcasting/isboxer, they are running warrior mains with healers behind them. Makes for super easy questing.
I remember when you could put conditional statements in a macro, a loop that would find the most wounded player, target him and then you'd heal him. I'm going to have to roll a character on ED one of these days.

Crone

I remember when you could put conditional statements in a macro, a loop that would find the most wounded player, target him and then you'd heal him. I'm going to have to roll a character on ED one of these days.
Ya, this works similar to Clique addon, or Healbot addon, where it doesn't require you to target the person to heal them. Addon is great for a Holy paladin, because while you can make it cast Renew or Shield, or Rejuv, it doesn't work as well with that. Use it on a paladin just spamming Holy Light. /iwin