XCOM 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finish downloading dev build. 'One or more tools are missing, please reinstall'

1234931504682.jpg

Sulrn

Deuces
I find that the sword, as balanced, is not good for anything but bladestorm. and thus a heavy weapon or SG is needed for close range encounters. Kitted Out SG + AP rounds guarantees a kill with Run and Gun and the subsequent Untouchable proc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"You need to install Visual Studio Isolated Shell 2013. When the SDK is installed, it fails to execute the included installer. There's also installation documentation in the XCOM 2 SDK folder in Steam that gives you steps to set up a basic mod.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40764

There should also be a shell installer in the XCOM 2 SDK folder at Binaries\Redist\vs_isoshell.exe if you want to use that, or you can use the above download. Running UE3Redist.exe is probably also important if you don't have Unreal Engine 3 SDK installed.

Once you can get the VS 2013 shell launched, you need to go to "Tools - Options - XCOM 2" and point Install directory to the XComGame folder in your XCOM 2 (the actual game's) installation's location in Steam commons, and the User directory should point to the XComGame folder in the XCOM 2 Development Tools (XCOM 2 SDK) install directory."

XCOM ModBuddy - Cannot find one or more components...

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I find that the sword, as balanced, is not good for anything but bladestorm. and thus a heavy weapon or SG is needed for close range encounters. Kitted Out SG + AP rounds guarantees a kill with Run and Gun and the subsequent Untouchable proc.
I agree, but I think the sword is balanced fine as is. I say this because I don't think the sword is supposed to be competitive with a gun, at all. The good thing about the sword is you don't need run and gun to flank an enemy, you can always use the sword. And unlike a pistol, the sword actually does respectable (But not full gun) damage. The thing to keep in mind is the sword is a secondary weapon, not a primary, its use should be situational--just like a pistol.

The sword gets two benefits over the pistol, as said it can be used after a dash (Huge for flanks) and it does double the damage. However, it has its draw back, namely it puts you out of position and aggressive moves can activate another pod. But there have been plenty of times where I couldn't get into position with a shot gun (Couldn't get a shot over 60%), had run n gun down (Or had my coneal ranger) and the sword gave me a 91% chance to finish the enemy.

However, overall, implacable I feel is>>blade storm. I'm always using my rangers to finish off pods if I can't do it with everyone else (The only time I'll risk an addition activation). The ability to move back after a kill is massive, I didn't even realize how awesome it was. Combine it with untouchable and even if you activate a pod your ranger can move behind high cover and be a meat shield that can withstand it pretty easily.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Storm guns are worth mid/late game. Early on, reg rifles are better (THAN SHOTGUNS), IMO. Your accuracy is just too low early game.

Edit: Enhanced for the reading impaired.
Shot guns though have the biggest accuracy bonus for short distance (40%). At 5 tiles it is +20%. The problem really is you can't be aggressive with your ranger really before predator armor. And if you were being aggressive, better to use the sword to flank. (Since you don't have Run n Gun.)

Unrelated--one of my hidden skills was lightning reflexes. Hah, from EU/EW, where the first reaction shot misses (My grenadier got it). I had no idea they had skills in the game that aren't on any specific class within the game. Lightning reflexes is actually really powerful for removing overwatch. (Though that said, there are now so many ways to remove it I think shadow is probably better.)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
"You need to install Visual Studio Isolated Shell 2013. When the SDK is installed, it fails to execute the included installer. There's also installation documentation in the XCOM 2 SDK folder in Steam that gives you steps to set up a basic mod.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40764

There should also be a shell installer in the XCOM 2 SDK folder at Binaries\Redist\vs_isoshell.exe if you want to use that, or you can use the above download. Running UE3Redist.exe is probably also important if you don't have Unreal Engine 3 SDK installed.

Once you can get the VS 2013 shell launched, you need to go to "Tools - Options - XCOM 2" and point Install directory to the XComGame folder in your XCOM 2 (the actual game's) installation's location in Steam commons, and the User directory should point to the XComGame folder in the XCOM 2 Development Tools (XCOM 2 SDK) install directory."

XCOM ModBuddy - Cannot find one or more components...
Instantly solved my problemo.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I edited all that into the second post in my thread in game dev a little bit ago. God this shit is so far over my head lol.

*edit*

I'll keep messing around but I think without someone to handhold me through a couple basic mods I'll have it all figured out and have my first mod ready to go in 2019.

Sulrn

Deuces
Finished my Veteran run tonight after the original CDR run was a no go. Besides the expected release bugs I don't have any real complaints and find myself excited by the possibilities of what the DLC/Mods have to offer for future runs. The only performance gripe I have is the post-mission loading, everything else was fine out of the box on self-detected (high, FXAA, SSAO, shadows, etc on) settings and the only noticeable slow down I got was during the random fast rope animation at mission start - which surprised me immensely because of all the complaints/reviews that experienced otherwise in comparison to my aging gtx 760.

All in all I thought this was a much stronger game in comparison to EU/EW and saw the level of detail and improvements I expected out of a sequel (looking at you FO4). Might dick around with some achievements, but going to take a week or so off and wait for some more mods to come out before I try for CDR again (only used the 3 LW mods and felt like they fit perfectly [aside from the Shadow Chamber disabling Muton Centurions from the spawn pool]).

Sulrn

Deuces
Oh is that why Centurions stopped showing up?

Not that I missed them.
Best I can tell, yes. I had centurions nearly every mission at that point and then poof magically gone after SC is built and you start seeing the spawn pool at mission select. Sad to say the game got a lot easier at that point. If anyone cares, 40ish hours on the Vet run.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Huh I saw them consistantly through out the game once I ran into them the first time. Thinking of trying multiplayer for the first time ever, worth it?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Got tired of Bradford always bugging me while I'm trying to run a mission, so I decided to throw him into the mix and let him deal with the aliens directly.

V1RPQTD.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They saved my bacon with those giant sectoids several times during my campaign

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Making the Guile theme play whenever a repeater procs would be an amazing mod. Or maybe only when someone with the OG XCom hair gets a repeater proc.

The important thing here is that the Guile theme rules.