XCOM: Enemy Within

Itzena_sl

shitlord
That looked distinctly...watery at the start.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Terror from the Deep was as good as the original.

There. I said what all you fuckers have been thinking for 20 years.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
True, I sometimes feel as though I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed the 2 part cruise/cargo ship terror missions.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Considering people already are implying TFTD, I hope the Cthulu comment was meant tongue in cheek since he was absolutely the influence for th finale of TFTD.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
would be cool if they completely flipped this shit on its head and let us play as aliens launching invasions, infiltrating governments/corporations, and taking over the world. one can wish.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
True, I sometimes feel as though I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed the 2 part cruise/cargo ship terror missions.
I enjoyed them at the time because I was like 15 and had nothing better to do with my entire afternoon than clear one fucking ship.

Now I would fucking uninstall that shit in a second.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone happen to have a savegame from the Enemy Unknown they could send me? I just starting playing it today and after about ~7 hours it crashed and left me with no saves to load at all. I'm not about to start the whole damn thing over again =\

Was in the first alien base when it happened, so anything sort of near there would be splendid.

Kuldiin_sl

shitlord
It's not a long game anyway, may as well start from the beginning.

I hope there's more to that video than announcing X-com on IOS...

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Yes. Yes you were.

terror.jpg

To this day my eye twitches involuntarily whenever I see 3 wooden crates in the shape of an L.

terror.jpg

terror.jpg

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Nah, once you had the guided alien missiles it was easy peasy, just sent it in a general direction where one suspected that they where and 2 seconds later there was a lot of open space in the cargo ship and a shitload of dead aliens if you where lucky.

Its strange really, I recall that TFTD was much more fun than the latest x-com game, granted the graphics where awesome, but there was alot more different aliens in TFTD, was it not?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They need to go full Valve on this, release editor of aliens and locations and let people make their own maps and monsters and charge for them ala Dota 2

Havelock_sl

shitlord
Nah, once you had the guided alien missiles it was easy peasy, just sent it in a general direction where one suspected that they where and 2 seconds later there was a lot of open space in the cargo ship and a shitload of dead aliens if you where lucky.
Amen. I hope we get a chance to use something similar, I was disappointed there was nothing along those lines in the latest XCom.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Its strange really, I recall that TFTD was much more fun than the latest x-com game, granted the graphics where awesome, but there was alot more different aliens in TFTD, was it not?
Yeah, I used to have a save game at the start of a ship mission. After a tough day at school there was nothing more satisfying than levelling the entire ship with those. The thing TFTD had that the old X-com didn't was a lot of the missions had mixed alien types in them, whereas only the Cydonia mission had that in the first one. I enjoyed that variety too.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is this the shooter or another top down tactical turn based game?

The trailer kinda didn't answer that for me