XFL

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The fact they didn’t specify they are done forever leaves me a bit hopeful still. The XFL was legit great this year. I think they were in their way to at least sticking around for a bit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That really sucks. I'm glad I went to a game when I had the chance. Legitimately had more fun at the first Defenders game than I have had at a Redskins game ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Vince has lost credibility in the sports wold. The XFL is for sale and bankrupt.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So this just tweeted out a bit ago along with Phil Mackey tweeting about it too. If true, I’m pretty excited about it.

If true, would this make Ballers an almost documentary/true story? 🤔😂
7F9222CB-5BE5-49A9-8ED1-646DAD8D566B.jpeg

• 1I Came

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That could be one of the great investment blunders of all time

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NFL is the worst. If XFL doesn't gay it up like NFL I'd watch it.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That could be one of the great investment blunders of all time

How so? THis version of the XFL was exceding all revenue expectations. Had they finished the season they would have been in a healthy spot to go into year 2, but the virus ended it. They just aquired the rights and structure to relaunch in a bubble next year for 15 million dollars. Rock made 22 million for Moana.

He has a big pocket investor to help foot launch costs, and honestly the Rock brings some credibility to this. Vince is a joke and a carny. Everyone loves the rock. Might make it more viable to the general public.

If they can dump the Live Venue investments and host games in a cost effective bubble, their media sales could make big money. Live entertainment is a relic of the past.

WWE tripled their expected review in Q2 despite losing all of their live revenue, and their biggest event of the year. Money is in TV contracts and advertising, not live gate.

Vince could have floated the league for a year, but he panicked because he saw him losing his ass on live gates.

• 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

but the virus ended it

With no end in sight, the nation already technically in a recession, and no real way to tell just how disastrous the entire thing is going to be for our economy and thus entertainment spending.

That's how.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
With no end in sight, the nation already technically in a recession, and there no real way to tell just how disastrous the entire thing is going to be for our economy and thus entertainment spending.

That's how.

their money was mostly off of their broadcasting rights and ad revenue before, if anything they are better equipped to deal with diminished live crowds/no crowds than other live sports. They weren’t killing it on live revenu last year by any means and were far ahead on expected revenue projections.

Khane

their money was mostly off of their broadcasting rights and ad revenue before, if anything they are better equipped to deal with diminished live crowds/no crowds than other live sports. They weren’t killing it on live revenu last year by any means and were far ahead on expected revenue projections.

You do know that it costs a shitload of money to test everyone over and over again right?

It might work... but odds seem to be heavily against it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was loving the season until it ended. I'll remain skeptical, but I have to admit the fact that the Rock is involved heartens me a bit.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You do know that it costs a shitload of money to test everyone over and over again right?

It might work... but odds seem to be heavily against it.

They arnet looking to start for another 8-10 months. Who knows if it will work out. Im saying 15 Million for the TV contracts they gain would be a steal. I know its crazy to say "Only 15 million", but the potential windfall they could gain from this at that price isnt the worst investment ever. People paid 500 million to the fucking Juicero guy.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Rocks work ethic is second to none. He will do every thing in his power to make this work. Flip side is he will black lives matter this shit to the ground. If he can separate his personal shit from the business shit this will work.