Your best raid or mass pvp experience across the genre?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I count Onyxia in early WoW as my favorite raid. At the time, it felt so unique, the dragon looked and acted like a dragon, it was an intense fight. I remember smoking a Cuban I had stashed for a rainy day the first time my guild brought her down during vanilla.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
None of you casuals ever pvp'd on Siege Perilous in UO? Easily the best times I've ever had in an mmo and the only time I embraced some RP faggotry, roaming the woods with the Blackoaks; fighting orcs and crazy asians on lamas.
I need a time machine for my evenings, fuck it.
I played some on SP in the indian guild, IOB, not sure how long they lasted. Spent most of my time on Sonoma doing factions though. Best pvp experience definitely comes from some sigil stealing/defending/corrupting.

Early UO was dogshit. I bought the game with a friend. We'd been playing muds with each other long enough to have the basic gist of it and we had a plan. So I logged in, walked around, learned the interface a little bit. Went to mine a rock (mine that rock!). Filled up my bag and walked back to town to meet up with my buddy. Some guy saw me and tried to gank me -- ok, that's cool I expected banditry, sometimes you win sometimes you manage to run away... haha sucker eat my dust... and then a guard walks over and 1shots me and I'm left going "ooooOOOoooOOO".

Called my buddy and told him the game was just going to be a dumb exploit fest and I was heading back to the muds. Didn't look back till EQ came along.

Edit: The game was pretty much an exploit fest when it came to pvp. And no, not all pvp is just an exploit fest.
What game doesn't release with bugs/exploits? For its time it obviously more than exceeded expectations.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
pvp - rallos zek fighting for control of plane of fear where people had to juggle amygdal. knights as well as the invading pcs zoning into pof through the portal. it was mainly a war between ascending dawn and facultus ultrimique but smaller pvp guilds came in as vultures.

oh and most of my memorable pve experiences came from tanking for insidious vision on the first eq progression server. that was probably the only serious eq guild i had ever been apart of and i main tanked for them briefly before quitting shortly before GoD came out.

tanking emp ssra was really tense but we managed to down him. that was pretty much my first big test for the guild.

had one up and coming tank rage quit cause i was given the uber breastplate off of the final boss of vex thal. and when i initially joined the guild i was given a blade of carnage to help me tank so when i returned it to the guild after getting that 2hander off of rallos zek it was given to another up and coming tank who sold his character shortly after.

good times and good drama. being main tank, even for a short period of time, for a guild definitely was nice for the ol' ego.

i was also main tank (promoted after the most active tank for the guild quit) for a EU guild called arch overseers. we downed cazic thule and i was outright given the amulet of necropotence for purposes of setting up my buffs so dispels would make cleansing dots/debuffs easier. that was really unexpected and my rl friend fucking jewed it off me when i quit but its whatever now.

the early drama of the progression server was hilarious. two guilds were mainly fighting for the kill credits - akanon strike force and insidious vision. that drama produced gems like this.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pve Solo. Sneaking into Hate (Bah said fear Duh!) full pop to get that part of my Ragebringer. I got the second on the server.
PVP 36 hour Alterac Valley, I left and came back three times. it was a cluster but damn it was memorable.
PVE Raid The first time we killed Ragneros with our island of misfit toys guild alliance with Lemming Juice on the Earthen Ring server. Hell almost any raid with that group of people. Never knew what would happen but it was fun.

The good times can come again. The best ever does not need to be matched to have a great time playing these games. I may never top these moments but there are many that have come close.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I was once in a guild called Havoc on Vanguard's FFA server Sartok and there was this one particularly outstanding pseudonaval battle. We were outnumbered fleeing Xanit K' Ven on the open ocean surrounding the Ancient Port Warehouse. It was just them on one boat and us on one. Must'a been forty of em. The captains got to ramming the boats and intrepid players on both sides started boarding the opponents vessels and fighting. I don't even recall the outcome but seeing the whole thing was something special.

RiP VG PvP

Xeldar

Silver Squire
^

I can remember waaaay back in '99 on Vallon Zek when Arcane Circle, Black Sun, and Chaos Overlords merged to form Xanit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
PvE: There was a point in WoW where we 2healed our main tank who solo tanked Garr + adds in MC. It wasn't super spectacular but it was super fun and I always recall that.

PvP: In GW2 playing in PRX in general was amazing - but one part that stands out was week two I think of WvWvW and we figured out how to use a Mesmer port and port in with about 50 of us behind the enemy and completely wiping them out while outnumbered. It was fucking amazing.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
^

I can remember waaaay back in '99 on Vallon Zek when Arcane Circle, Black Sun, and Chaos Overlords merged to form Xanit.
Wow thanks you just made my day, even though my glorious warrior was declared to have been killed in your raid chat at the end. Great times. Every game since comes up short by a mile.