Your Favorite Movie Theme Song

joz123

Potato del Grande
Mine has gotta be "Holiday Road" from the Vacation movies. Hearing that song always perks me up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Extreme Ways" from the Bourne movies immediately comes to mind. Not really a big fan of Moby in general, but that's the only movie series I can think of that I sit through the credits no matter how many times I watch it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Basically the entire soundtrack from Drive, if that counts...
Now if we're talking about soundtracks

MI0002772608.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife shows my daughter a bunch of the Ghibli Studios animated movies, and she loves My Neighbor Totoro.
As a result, I always hear the theme song to that movie. It's stuck in my head. I whistle it at work and shit.

EDIT: Actually, when I found this video on youtube, she heard it and said "Toto!" (that's how she says Totoro) and sat on my lap to listen to it.
Kids are adorable like that.

Szlia

Japanese B movies from the 50s to the 70s almost always had theme songs made for the movie and sometime sung by a cast member. An example of that would be the theme song for Female Convict Scorpionused by Tarentino in Kill Billand sung by lead actress Meiko Kaji.

My personal favorite would be the theme song for Seijun Suzuki's gangster pop extravaganza Tokyo Drifter:

Bonuses:

Branded to Kill
A better Tomorrow<--- '80s canto pop alert.
Godzilla vs MechagodzillaAkira Ifukube might rule the Godzilla serie with his iconic score, but Masaru Sato does it with his songs!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am forced to agree with this, though I think Guardians of the Galaxy's soundtrack is close

*edit* My favorite song from a movie is probably:

Archers Danger Zone - YouTube
guardians of the galaxy is literally a mix tape compiled by some sound editor and based on what was the cheapest 30 year old hit singles they could get. purple rain was all original songs made for the movie and all became hits. the songs actually influenced the plot of the film.

Aonin

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Last Samurai has a pretty good soundtrack.

I don't know if this counts as a theme song, but it's my favorite.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was prepared to call you all assholes for missing the obvious choices, but some great examples here I totally overlooked.

Still...

Was gonna go with T1, but it sounds a little odd, not nearly as ominous/military as I remember.

Speaking of Arnold!