Your most disappointing/worst game of 2013

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While it's funny, that game was quite shitty. Was one of the first video games that I actually was truly disappointed in.
As it was for basically everyone that's been alive long enough to appreciate my statement...

I was "lucky" to not have ever gotten it myself, my neighbor saved my parents from wasting their cash on it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just about any game bought at retail - aka way too much money for way to few hours. <3 you Steam.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Aliens for me. I luckily didn't buy it because I knew when they kept the review embargo in place till launch day it was going to be shit. What pissed me off the most is that video of Randy Pitchford showing the footage of the game at E3? saying it was actual in game graphics and it was all BS. I didn't buy Borderlands 2 just because of that asshole and probably wont buy another Gearbox game. An Aliens game should print money and be easy to pull off well. Hell imagine how good it could be with a CoD or Battlefield budget? Hopefully someday the license ends up in Naughty Dogs hands.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DOTA 2: It's fucking disappointing how this trivializes other games. It's not almost too good, itistoo good.

badlok

N00b
Shadowrun vote here as well. The game itself was ok, but as noted it was very short and WAY WAY WAY too easy.
For the price a think it's SR is all right but i don't thik the game is short with all the free campaigns you can get on steam workbench , you can have over 100 other campaigns of different difficulty level ( not all good but still...)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think there's any particular game that really stands out as truly disappointing to me, but I think I was prepared for the worst. This year has been pretty lackluster as far as franchise titles and hype, but I do admit some of the lesser known titles really surprised me.

I could see the writing on the wall with Dead Space 3 as more videos came out, but I was willing to give it a shot. It was a decent action game, but the core concept of the series - horror - was lost. The F.E.A.R. series did the same thing, sadly. Thankfully a lot of the indie developers pushed out some nice stuff this year in the genre.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - turned out alright, but compared to the original it was weaker.

God of War: Ascension - obvious cash grab, boring and repetitive.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Its a good game and I'm enjoying it, but the fact that its a pretty heavy Link to the Past clone really still grates on my nerves. The biggest reason is the price tag: 40 bucks? Nintendo practically copied and pasted 60% of LttP to this game, it should be $20. I'm glad I got the Zelda DS during Black Friday, so it wasn't like I got robbed, but I feel bad for other people who paid full price. They should have at least gave a copy of LttP to download for the 3DS as part of the purchase.

BioShock Infinite - I'll agree with some of the other input, it wasn't as big as the hype. Good game? Yeah. Game of the Decade? Definitely not. The story was fine, but the game play was pretty dull. The voice-acting made the majority of the game, though. The tie-in at the end was strong. However, the overall game needs to be awesome. That's like saying you love X movie because of the one part at the end. I loved the part of Return of the Jedi where Vader tosses the Emperor down the shaft at the end, but I'd be a heathen to claim it was a better movie than Empire Strikes Back.

I hope Dark Souls 2 never makes it on to next year's list.
frown.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Its a good game and I'm enjoying it, but the fact that its a pretty heavy Link to the Past clone really still grates on my nerves. The biggest reason is the price tag: 40 bucks? Nintendo practically copied and pasted 60% of LttP to this game, it should be $20. I'm glad I got the Zelda DS during Black Friday, so it wasn't like I got robbed, but I feel bad for other people who paid full price. They should have at least gave a copy of LttP to download for the 3DS as part of the purchase.
Why should it be cheaper than any other 3DS game? It's not like they saved some time by using art and code from ALttP. It has the same themes and world idea, but it's 100% newly developed game with new art assets, music, story, etc.

With that logic, the last 3 Call of Duty games should have been basically free because they are re-using way more.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Sim city hands down, I was so excited for its release.

I felt like GTA V was fun but felt like nothing too new was brought to the table. And seriously fuck helicopters.

nuday

Golden Squire
Didn't buy a ton of games this year, and i might be in the minority here, but I found arkham origins to be awful, after being a huge fan of the first 2. There's just something about it that feels off to me, and i could barely bring myself to complete the story one time, let alone trophy hunt. By far my biggest waste of money this year.
I just finished Origins yesterday, and I largely agree with you. I did love the story very soon after Joker got involved, and I don't think it was a bad game, but I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. I didn't even touch the trophy hunting stuff.

Scrolls from Mojang. The gameplay is too slow for my tastes. Getting new cards is so slow. I paid 20$ to buy in, and it really felt a lot slower to get new cards than some actual free to play ccg's to get new cards. And I feel like I picked the wrong starter deck in the beginning too :/