Your most disappointing/worst game of 2013

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dead Space 3 is hands fucking down the most disappointing game of 2013. Hell, it's the most disappointing game of the last decade.

Anyone who said anything but Dead Space 3 has blocked it from their memory.
It was passable... barely... in my book. (Eek the "introduction to Sean's veracity" game resurfaces in conversation again...)

It might actually take my worst slot though since I liked so much of what I actually got for CURRENT titles this year - all my disappointments I can think of were from 2012 that I got late. Really was a content gamer this year by and far - even though I don't think DS3 was terrible, it might take my "worst" slot. [Definitely far worse than I'd hoped it would be since I had really high hopes after 1 and 2 though - huge backslide from 2... I'd rate them 9/10/7 personally]

Evernothing

No one said anything about the price, what difference does that make? Are you saying we should like games more if developers charge less for less content?

All the user generated content is mediocre. The SNES reboot might end up being good though.
I'm saying people should expect a $20 title to be short.

ex. Blood Dragon @ $15....much shorter than FC3

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Didn't buy a ton of games this year, and i might be in the minority here, but I found arkham origins to be awful, after being a huge fan of the first 2. There's just something about it that feels off to me, and i could barely bring myself to complete the story one time, let alone trophy hunt. By far my biggest waste of money this year.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Towns and Cube World on the indie front. In both cases, I think the developers raised money based off a proof-of-concept level development then disappeared. In Towns case it was worse, because it was less clear that it was a very incomplete game when it was sold on Steam.

The good news is that the backlash was so severe on Towns that I think it led to Steam's Early Access program.

Vorph

Can't really say I played any major disappointments this year. The worst offenders were either good games that should have been great, or average/bad games I didn't expect much from to begin with.

Beyond: Two Souls would top my list. It was merely a good game and I expected it to be a toss up with Last of Us for my GOTY. Hell, I'd have been happy if it just managed to be a better game than Heavy Rain, but instead it took a step backwards in several areas.

Next would be Bioshock Infinite. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I expected it to fix everything I didn't like about the other Bioshock games and it really didn't. The actors did a fantastic job, and I didn't hate the story this time, but the gameplay was just as tired and uninteresting as the rest of the series.

Saints Row IV too, I guess. I regret paying full price for it and screwing up my game by doing things in the wrong order and missing a bunch of stuff, because I was rushing to play through it before FFXIV release. By the time I got around to playing it right, I could have gotten it for $15 instead. The game itself wasn't bad but it failed to fix most of the issues I had with SRTT, and added a few more of its own (I really could have done without all the superpower stuff). Volition is still being lazy as hell by making story missions use side mission content far too much, and they are getting further and further from what made SR2 the game I consider to be the absolute best of its genre by a huge margin.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to stay far away from Aliens, and my refusal to use Origin saved me from the SimCity debacle. I own Dead Space 3 technically, but Origin has saved me from ruining my good memories of the series there too.

I'm saying people should expect a $20 title to be short.

ex. Blood Dragon @ $15....much shorter than FC3
$20 game, short campaign... fine. What isn't fine is that the editor is very limited in what it allows you to create, and that's why the user content is all pretty mediocre. And why the main campaign isn't just short but also lacking in depth and rather easy as well. At this point I've just about given up on it, and instead I'm hoping that Klei's Incognita will fill the void for a turn-based tactical combat game, even if the setting isn't nearly as interesting as Shadowrun.

Sounds like you played it for about 4 hours, it's definitely slow and hand-holdey in the beginning. Not say it was one of the greatest JRPGs of all time but it was pretty good and the Ghibli style visuals and story are a lot of where the hype comes from.
The game got even worse once the hand-holdey part ended and you got to experience a strong contender for the most retarded companion AI of all time.

I wouldn't put it on this list though, because my expectations weren't high to begin with.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot all about Cube World. I definitely regret giving those people any money too, and I will probably never support a game at such an early stage of development again.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
SimCity even tho I didn't buy it. Just reading what other people wrote about it was enough to be disappointing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
SimCity pissed me of so much that i swore to never give EA another penny, and I'm sticking to it. I was almost to that point due to the travesty that NCAA Football had become in recent years but SimCity sealed the deal. Fuck them for ruining Simcity, Fuck them for ruining ultima, Fuck them for ruining multiple legendary developers(Bullfrog, Westwood, Origin, Maxis, etc)

EA is worse than Hitler

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
SimCity pissed me of so much that i swore to never give EA another penny, and I'm sticking to it. I was almost to that point due to the travesty that NCAA Football had become in recent years but SimCity sealed the deal. Fuck them for ruining Simcity, Fuck them for ruining ultima, Fuck them for ruining multiple legendary developers(Bullfrog, Westwood, Origin, Maxis, etc)

EA is worse than Hitler
Placing aliens and the PC version of battlefield 4. What a cluster fuck. It doesn't even not crash on consoles.

Goonsquad Officer
holy shit i forgot simcity was this year. yea that. it and Supreme Commander 2 are my current most disapointing games.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Compny of heroes 2 was a colossal piece of shit, fuck that game. its like a million simcities

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't even buy Sim City.. but I really wanted to, just was a bit poor and waiting on reviews. When the shit storm started I was more pissed off than I had been in a really long time.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Despite the time I've invested into the game thus far, I'd have to say BF4. As a competitive player / FPS fan, I have to say this release is just one giant clusterfuck after another. I have never seen EA state that one of their developers would be halting all exterior work outside of an already-released game to focus on all of the game-breaking issues, which they themselves caused in rushing the game out the door so as to compete with CoD:Ghosts.

WTB Portal back to 1999 so I can bring all of the major gaming companies together so as to take a runny shit on the middle of their boardroom table.