Youtube and Monetization

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm not looking to monetize her channel. Just set her up with the software to make her video game videos.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't saying YouTube was dead. Just that anyone hoping to start up a random channel and quit their jobs probably already missed their opportunity.

This isn't true either.

You just have to garner a relatively small audience of around 50-100k people, and open a patreon and produce a decent amount of content.

Now, it isn't going to happen overnight. Its a thing you have to grow now, over time.

The key is to monetize multiple revenue streams. T shirts. Patreon. Youtube ad revenues. Add it all up, and you can start making quite a bit of money.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
If you want the best/easiest chance of youtube earnings, live streaming is where its at.

Boot up a livestream of anything interesting, or livestream someone else's livestream.

Pretty much guaranteed to make a few bucks here and there.

Go to watchcartoonsonline.eu and put rick and morty seasons on a loop in VLC and livestream it 24/7. See what happens with your viewership, i'd be interested in how that turns out. Hell, I made 170 just by restreaming the bernie/cruz debate which was surprisingly laughable.

I'd def recommend making a really really simple imacros bot that clicks "play ad" every 2 minutes as well. That's how you make dollars. It's easy as fuck to figure out, so don't be scared. OBS setup is more difficult than imacros botting to click a simple button every X minutes.

If you want to earn based on pre-recorded vidyas, you pretty much have to make it viral which is a somewhat difficult task.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Pretty much guaranteed to make a few bucks here and there.
I still haven't gotten my adsense code in the mail from google so I can start cashing out.

ads.png

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
It has to hit $100 before they send you dollars

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It's the letter with the PIN# in it that I am waiting for. They said they already sent it. I will hit $100 in 2 days. We make $8-10/day.

That's about what Alexa said Draegan's site was worth.

So probably about right.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was doing videos for Tyranny (game sucked though) and I was getting like 50-60 views per but the game was all dialogue and was boring as shit to stream, so I quit and didn't get many subs.

But the fact that you can draw in that sort of viewership putting up lets plays of video games literally 5 minutes after setting up an account tells me the audiences are there waiting to see content. Its keeping their eyes thats the hard part.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This isn't true either.

You just have to garner a relatively small audience of around 50-100k people, and open a patreon and produce a decent amount of content.

Now, it isn't going to happen overnight. Its a thing you have to grow now, over time.

The key is to monetize multiple revenue streams. T shirts. Patreon. Youtube ad revenues. Add it all up, and you can start making quite a bit of money.
And twitch if you're into that

Bro Team canceled his Patreon because he said he's making enough on twitch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People still pop up and make money

Look at someone like seagull. Got sort of alright with tf2 But EXPLODED with overwatch