The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally understood Snoop was a chick the episode when she got killed. "How's my hair?"
For most people, The Wire usually comes with a lot of wikipedia request
biggrin.png

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just watched Fruitvale Station (about a guy killed by transit police in Oakland a few years ago) and the main character looked really familiar. After getting home and looking him up, turns out it was Wallace (from S1)! Good movie and he does a good job in it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah he's been in a few things. He was one of the kids in Chronicle I think and they are looking at him for some superhero movie now.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
She played the giant pair of teeth that ate the white house in the Halloween special right?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just finished the first season. I love how serious this show is but something about how the writers constantly remind the viewers that everything sucks got almost repetitive. Plus the dour end to the first season is a bit depressing and the show, in general, hasn't had any big 'holy shit' moments that didn't involve Omar. I've got high hopes for season 2!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Season 2 is usually the one that kicks people off of the show. It's such a change of pace from the 1st season, and if you go in expecting more of the same, you're in for a disappointment.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that this show isn't JUST about the drug trade in Baltimore. It's a story of the city itself, and drugs just tend to play a big role for a lot of residents.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I love how serious this show is but something about how the writers constantly remind the viewers that everything sucks got almost repetitive
I love the Wire, but it sure does get repetitive bashing you in the head with "everything sucks".

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If you live in Baltimore, everything does suck.