12 Years A Slave

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Is this film not getting a wide-release? I've been waiting for it to hit theaters here, but haven't seen anything yet. It's strange for a film that is already so well received. Are they going the route of Slum Dog Millionaire that was limited-release until after it won some awards then opened up afterwards?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
saw it tonight from the screener, very good.

Also very glad that I put a certain retard on ignore a long time ago

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The opinion was black people need to stop thinking somebody owes them something because their ancestors were treated poorly by white people ancestors. The fact that nobody alive was ever a slave here bolsters that opinion. These movies basically hold black people back from ever becoming self reliant. Shit needs to stop and people like you need to stop buying into that white guilt shit.
Im with Chuk here. The white guilt stuff and the black slavery chip on shoulder is only holding us all back. No one alive in America today has held slaves or been a slave. I dont need to pay for the sins of people who were long dead before I was even born and have had zero relation to me.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Is it two hours of Kunta Kinte getting whipped like Jim Cavizzile?
There are indeed some pretty gnarly whipping/hanging scenes. I thought it was a decent flick though. They did a good job of telling a pretty crazy story in a dramatic way. Good acting all around, but yeah there were a ton of cameos which kind of take you out of the immersion somewhat.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"Awesome! Omar Little is in this movie...oh wait ... nevermind"

edit: that hanging scene was hard to watch
frown.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shut up and stop bitching. You get to legally purchase and smoke pot in your state for crying out loud.