12 Years A Slave

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't feel guilty. I didn't do it. I enjoy seeing interesting films of historical events. I don't necessarily enjoy biopics though. Lincoln/Hughes/etc. films are /yawn, but a film about the civil war is somehow not. I don't know why.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and i love black movies, i probably have seen every richard pryor/ rudy ray moore, jim brown or pam grier film made in the 70s. i eat that shit up, those blaxploitation films had racism but the leads werent noble martys suffering at the hands of ole mr charlie. no those guys were saying, oh yeah? me and my posse gonna kill yo white ass mofucka. tarantino loved those films too and when he made jackie brown he got the tone right, when he did django, he did that noble martyr shit.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't feel guilty. I didn't do it. I enjoy seeing interesting films of historical events. I don't necessarily enjoy biopics though. Lincoln/Hughes/etc. films are /yawn, but a film about the civil war is somehow not. I don't know why.
dead bodies and explosion.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nah dude, i got it. when waltz found him, he was all humble and calm, then he trained him to be a badass. if django was made in the 70s he would already be a badass and he would not have needed to be trained by a white man. i got that film very well.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You mean enslaved. When Waltz found him, he was all enslaved. Then Waltz freed him and Kill Bill 3: Slavery Times began.

Bro, I hate to tell you this, you're just an angry old man who probably hates black people and jews.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You mean enslaved. When Waltz found him, he was all enslaved. Then Waltz freed him and Kill Bill 3: Slavery Times began.

Bro, I hate to tell you this, you're just an angry old man who probably hates black people and jews.
dont forget christians. i hate them too according to my posts about those annoying jesus films.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You have a lot of hate, you should chill out and just enjoy good movies for what they are.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, yeah dude i'm at the war with the world and everyone in it!! grrrrr!

how about you like what you like and i like what i like and call it a day?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The day I go around to threads of movies you like and shit all over them and any movie that might share even a remotely similar theme or concept, then we can have that agreement. Until then we are at am impasse, sir.

Juvarisx

Florida
Well I went and saw it even though I have zero to feel guilty about lol. Oscar winning acting wrapped in an engaging story, and honestly Chuk you would probably like it. I am one to care less what the material is about and more how its presented and its a very well made movie and not a guilt piece like Amistad was. Its probably closer to Mandingo then anything else but the director doesn't try to shock you for the sake of doing so. Anyways I didn't hate it and it will probably be up for Oscars but not because its subject matter even though people will tend to think so.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if it gets hit up for an oscar ill probably watch it so when i say capn phillips or gravity is going to win i can say so having seen their competition.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I really wanted to love it but left the theatre disappointed. The film did a great job of depicting slavery's deplorable conditions and many of the scenes were quite harrowing, particularly the scene in which Solomon is beaten the morning after being kidnapped. However, it was ineffective in showing Solomon's internal struggles and the passing of time. It seriously felt like the film's events took place over the course of a few months. Also, the A-list cameos felt almost self-indulgent and the histrionic dialogue was irritating at times. It didn't really do the source material justice but I'm sure it will sweep the Oscars.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I really wanted to love it but left the theatre disappointed. The film did a great job of depicting slavery's deplorable conditions and many of the scenes were quite harrowing, particularly the scene in which Solomon is beaten the morning after being kidnapped. However, it was ineffective in showing Solomon's internal struggles and the passing of time. It seriously felt like the film's events took place over the course of a few months. Also, the A-list cameos felt almost self-indulgent and the histrionic dialogue was irritating at times. It didn't really do the source material justice but I'm sure it will sweep the Oscars.
How long does it take you to write a post? 30 mins or more? I'm always left with the feeling that you must go out of your way to attempt to come off sounding like the biggest tool there ever was, unfortunately we know that you really aren't trying and it's just natural.