2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
He has character issues that are certainly a big concern. The injury comments are overblown. He missed two games due to migraines in 2010. He would have missed 2 or so due to an ankle injury this year but was placed on IR to get him away from the team not because of the seriousness of the injury.

I'm not saying that character stuff isn't a red flag...it's a big one, but he produces when he's on the field and hasn't missed nearly as much time due to injury as people think.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Harvin never had a 1000 yard season or more than 6 TDs per season. He's had injury problems, confirmed pot smoker (those guys always play below their potential), is a confirmed locker room cancer and seems to be a bit of a head case. If he was going to have a all star season, he's had 4 years to show one. He isn't going to magically transform in fifth season and turn into an amazing receiver. I would have rather taken my chances with that first round pick and drafted a receiver if they really wanted one that badly.
Actually, after 20 years of interest in the draft, i can now honestly say that at least 50% of 1st round draft picks are busts. If you think you can get a young, decent to good player by trading the pick i think you should.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Once again, he's never had 1000 yard season or more 6 TDs per game. Maybe that's what passes for production up in Minnesota.

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
Actually, after 20 years of interest in the draft, i can now honestly say that at least 50% of 1st round draft picks are busts. If you think you can get a young, decent to good player by trading the pick i think you should.
Hmm 1 in 2 chance of drafting a great receiver whom you don't have to pay a lot for first 3 years? Or 1 in 1 chance of a guaranteed mediocrity that thinks he's overdue fr a big payday?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Once again, he's never had 1000 yard season or more 6 TDs per game. Maybe that's what passes for production up in Minnesota.
He had 970 receiving yards and 350 rushing yards with 9 TDs (6 rec, 2 rush, 1 ST) last season. He had 700 receiving yards, 100 rushing and 5 TDs through 9 games this year. If you don't want to call those two seasons 1000+ yarders go ahead but they seem close enough to me.

Disp_sl

shitlord
The trade for the player would be good if he had a couple years on a $6mil.-ish contract. Thing is, it's being reported that they're working out a contract close to Fitzgerald/Johnson money, which is crazy if true.

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
Makes the Brandon Marshall trade look like a very fair deal.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wow, didn't see that coming. I bet he's more productive than Randy Moss.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Boldin traded to niners. 6th round pick.
One year to late on that move.
frown.png

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
A 6th round pick is nothing, fuck I would have made that trade for the Cowboys and they have no real glaring issues other than Austin's habitual hamstring issues.

P.S. I saw this earlier and it made me laugh, figured yall might get a kick out of it.

rrr_img_17026.jpg

Yes I am aware it's funny because he will
frown.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's two years in a row for Harbaugh of going out and getting the WR that burned him in the playoffs.