2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rahim Moore altered the future of the NFL with one horribly misplayed pass more than any other player has in recent memory.

I can't say I'd be too happy about the Patriots trading picks for Percy Harvin - he's 5'11.

I'm actually looking forward to Richard Sherman embarassing him all throughout training camp.

Merrith

This allowed GB to back into the playoffs and then win the SB, a punt that should have been kicked out of bounds.

Right, but Rahim Moore not only changed who won this year's SB, he could basically be setting up the 49ers to win next year's, along with the fallout from this season being the catalyst for turnover and decline of the Ravens.

Edit: Hell, you could list the Broncos with Manning this past year and the Patriots as other teams altered by that terrible play. Broncos or Pats would have played the Niners in the Super Bowl had he not forgotten how to defend a pass.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Right, but Rahim Moore not only changed who won this year's SB, he could basically be setting up the 49ers to win next year's, along with the fallout from this season being the catalyst for turnover and decline of the Ravens.

Edit: Hell, you could list the Broncos with Manning this past year and the Patriots as other teams altered by that terrible play. Broncos or Pats would have played the Niners in the Super Bowl had he not forgotten how to defend a pass.
The entire playoffs and the SB was changed by the return, they are equally comparable in altering history and both are in recent memory.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Has Tony Romo ever altered a playoffs outcome?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A sixth round pick and freeing up over $7m in cap space is a hell of a lot better than getting nothing and watching him play in the AFC. Remember the teams I listed as the big money cap space guys in the AFC this year? Indy, Cinci, Cleveland? Yeah, no thanks. I would have liked for him to stay, but an extension or restructure just pushes the money down the road to where he's pushing 35/36 years old, maybe had injuries, maybe ready to retire. And paying him his full number this year is crazy talk with all the money management the team is dealing with. We drafted Tandon Doss a couple years ago for a reason, Q's replacement in the slot.

Merrith

A sixth round pick and freeing up over $7m in cap space is a hell of a lot better than getting nothing and watching him play in the AFC. Remember the teams I listed as the big money cap space guys in the AFC this year? Indy, Cinci, Cleveland? Yeah, no thanks. I would have liked for him to stay, but an extension or restructure just pushes the money down the road to where he's pushing 35/36 years old, maybe had injuries, maybe ready to retire. And paying him his full number this year is crazy talk with all the money management the team is dealing with. We drafted Tandon Doss a couple years ago for a reason, Q's replacement in the slot.
Yeah I don't get some of the hand-wringing over him going to the Niners other than you just played them in the Super Bowl. NFC team, makes perfect sense to send him there.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently our only other offer was a 7th from Minnesota. I guess they wanted to replace Harvin already, heh. Too bad they didn't up it to a 5th!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Yeah I don't get some of the hand-wringing over him going to the Niners other than you just played them in the Super Bowl. NFC team, makes perfect sense to send him there.
Yeah, they probably will never see the Niners in the Super Bowl anyways now that they willingly consigned themselves to at least a decade of mediocrity behind an average and ridiculously overpaid QB.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Colon cut today too. Cap space freeeeedom. Hopefully they can figure out a way to pay some other people like at CB.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Niners really got a sick deal. They had the cap space to pull it off after the Alex Smith trade, and a 6th for Boldin is a steal in any year, let alone a year where they have a boatload of picks.