2013 NFL Season

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You are a little late to be mad about those rules. They were enacted for the 2012 season.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I think they over-regulate celebrations.

Having said that, I loathe it when someone knucklehead on defense makes a great play, and makes the 'home run' gesture, or something similar. Meanwhile, his TEAM is down by 20 points with 4 minutes left in regulation. What the FUCK are you celebrating?

/edit: Man, my jimmies were rustled. I'll go read that thread for awhile.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate fun. Fuck any choreographed or solo TD celebration that takes more than 4 seconds. And any defensive celebration that's not for a sack or turnover. 90 yard penalties for everyone. Fuck them and fuck their mothers.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate fun. Fuck any choreographed or solo TD celebration that takes more than 4 seconds. And any defensive celebration that's not for a sack or turnover. 90 yard penalties for everyone. Fuck them and fuck their mothers.
Celebrations are fun. I will let James Harrison finish my post for me.

deebobird.gif

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd have to agree they've gone overboard with the celebration rules. Never understood why their panties got in a wad over it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it wasn't for TD's but for celebrations during a drive. So like sacks or first downs would be penalized. TD's you are good to go as long as it isn't a group thing or "excessive".

But yeah, I think they already started to enforce it somewhat last year, maybe it will be worse. I've been very fucking rustled at a couple "taunting" penalties last year. Ray Rice is taunting you? It sounds like something that would only even apply to defenders. Stop him from gaining yards and he won't be able to talk shit to you after the carry. Fucking taunting, what is this middle school?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought it wasn't for TD's but for celebrations during a drive. So like sacks or first downs would be penalized. TD's you are good to go as long as it isn't a group thing or "excessive".

But yeah, I think they already started to enforce it somewhat last year, maybe it will be worse. I've been very fucking rustled at a couple "taunting" penalties last year. Ray Rice is taunting you? It sounds like something that would only even apply to defenders. Stop him from gaining yards and he won't be able to talk shit to you after the carry. Fucking taunting, what is this middle school?
I have 2 issues with it. It sounds like a lot of it is a judgement call by the ref (was it aimed at an opposing player?) and we've already established that that's fucking terrible with stuff like pass interference. Making judgement calls about stuff that isn't even technically part of the game is just obnoxious. The other one is that they're fucking NFL players. They're there for our entertainment. That's why I didn't understand getting rid of group celebrations. It's a team game, provided to entertain us...but you want them to stop entertaining us?

It's kind of like the whole "running up the score" thing. People who get upset about that piss me off. You're getting paid, at a minimum, hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to play a game. If you don't like it, nut the fuck up and stop the other team from treating you like shit. These are professionals. We don't need to treat it like pee-wee football.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind when a defensive player celebrates while down on points unless it is garbage time and have no chance of winning the game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Has anyone outside of the sandy vag owners or Roger Goodell ever had a problem with the celebrations? I can see things like Randy Moss mooning the fans, but this is just stupid

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone outside of the sandy vag owners or Roger Goodell ever had a problem with the celebrations? I can see things like Randy Moss mooning the fans, but this is just stupid
If I never have to watch some diva cunt receiver run around with some prop-filled pre-planned bullshit "celebration" I'm OK with any rules. Trying to watch a football game not a fucking Carrot Top show.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
T.O. had some great endzone stuff.

T.O. doing his endzone celebration by hiding behind the goalpost and secretly videotaping the Patriots sideline was glorious. Darth Hoodie did not like. Or TO doing Ray Lewis' stupid pregame dance when they scored on the Ravens, that was good too.

Or TO doing Ray Lewis' stupid pregame dance when they scored on the Ravens, that was good too.
if only TO spent more time focusing on football and less time doing things like practicing Rays dance, and pretty much every other life decision he made.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really dont care about his life decisions, but his endzone celebration decisions were great.