2013 NFL Season

Green Bay plays SF and Washington back to back to open the season. Sounds like a smart pickup to get a read option simulator into camp and practice. As good as Rodgers is...he's not exactly good practice for what they're going to see with Kaepernick and Griffin.

I really like signings like this, tbh. To me it's a lot like the Tebow situation in New England. Young knows he's not there to compete or even think about competing with Aaron Rodgers. Same with Tebow and Brady...there is literally no pressure on these guys because you'd have to be brain damaged to believe that there will ever be a QB controversy in either situation. Just the chance to come in and contribute and maybe revive your career a bit in the eyes of the other clubs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gyou'd have to be brain damaged to believe that there will ever be a QB controversy in either situation.
Remember when Vince Young scored a 6 on his first Wonderlic test take?

Yeah. This guy is pretty sure he'll be starting before long.

uZPjprc.jpg

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Remember when Vince Young scored a 6 on his first Wonderlic test take?

Yeah. This guy is pretty sure he'll be starting before long.

uZPjprc.jpg
I don't know about VY personally but I know some players have literally filled out their name answered a couple questions, quit and turned in the test because it means absolutely jack fucking shit and hasn't stopped anyone from being drafted ever. Now if teams stopped drafting people who scored low on this test (good fucking luck) maybe I might consider the wonderlic to be something that you could base someones intelligence off of. No consequences and apathetic teams/athletes means you can't tell if they tried or like some people did exactly what I mentioned.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know about VY personally but I know some players have literally filled out their name answered a couple questions, quit and turned in the test because it means absolutely jack fucking shit and hasn't stopped anyone from being drafted ever.
He did do a re-test.

Scored a 14. Just over half the average for QB's.

But really, a 6 point Wonderlic is just a fun way to say he's retarded.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Also Dez Bryant scored a 6 and fucking tried, maybe that's why it took him 2 and a half years to understand the playbook. I think this should be used in the suit against the NCAA as proof that they don't even give student athletes a college education.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It's possible that GB will use VY for defensive practice, but I truly think that the larger part of it is just that the terrible tandem of Graham Harrell and BJ Coleman scares no one. (Especially since the OL will be patchwork again, and Rodgers won't by lucky forever.) If VY is better, one of the two gets the boot; if he's not, VY gets dropped at the final roster cuts.

I still don't know why GB didn't pick up a QB prospect in the fourth round or so.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know about VY personally but I know some players have literally filled out their name answered a couple questions, quit and turned in the test because it means absolutely jack fucking shit and hasn't stopped anyone from being drafted ever. Now if teams stopped drafting people who scored low on this test (good fucking luck) maybe I might consider the wonderlic to be something that you could base someones intelligence off of. No consequences and apathetic teams/athletes means you can't tell if they tried or like some people did exactly what I mentioned.
I feel like Dallas fans are the only ones who ever use this argument about players blowing off the Wonderlic. I don't know why you feel the need to white knight retarded people. It's ok if Dez Bryant is an idiot. He's obviously talented. I could give a shit if some Redskins player is a functional retard. I don't watch football for the intelligence of the players. I watch it because it's modern day gladiators. It's why I could give a shit about players on steroids.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably because they are still earlier in Rodger's career. They weren't planning to see the starting LT go out for the year prior to the first preseason game, nor are they actively planning to get Rodgers hurt by fielding the worst line they can. The articles make it clear they are trying to do something with the line to protect their QB. Plus, what QB would you have them pick and why would it have been a better choice than whoever else they got?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I feel like Dallas fans are the only ones who ever use this argument about players blowing off the Wonderlic. I don't know why you feel the need to white knight retarded people. It's ok if Dez Bryant is an idiot. He's obviously talented. I could give a shit if some Redskins player is a functional retard. I don't watch football for the intelligence of the players. I watch it because it's modern day gladiators. It's why I could give a shit about players on steroids.
All Dallas fans disregard the Wonderlic based on your sample size of 1. It hasn't really translated to anything meaningful on the field. If you look at wonderlic scores from top players, they're all over the place. Dan Marino had a terrible score and was one of the greatest players of all time at a position that takes by far the most intelligence

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Probably because they are still earlier in Rodger's career. They weren't planning to see the starting LT go out for the year prior to the first preseason game, nor are they actively planning to get Rodgers hurt by fielding the worst line they can. The articles make it clear they are trying to do something with the line to protect their QB. Plus, what QB would you have them pick and why would it have been a better choice than whoever else they got?
You can't really just pull your qb for the season because you don't have a great O-line. But you also have to take what you get when it comes to backup qb. Hopefully for the Packers, there being absolutely 0 chance for Young to take the starting spot and working with one of the greats might help him get to "slightly above terrible"

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Also Dez Bryant scored a 6 and fucking tried, maybe that's why it took him 2 and a half years to understand the playbook. I think this should be used in the suit against the NCAA as proof that they don't even give student athletes a college education.
Id be surprised if what dez has could qualify as a 9th grade education.

Hes really dumb, but on the bright side he really seems to care about football #1. If thats the case, he'll turn out alright.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Both Dez and Mo Claiborne (who was the player who supposedly wrote his name and then blew it off) are dumb as rocks but those positions are the ones where the Wonderlic has obviously never mattered.

Now QB and Center, you should be worried.

So BB today referred to Amendola's training camp play so far is "dependable"

So obviously BB wasn't referring to his durability, but the word choice was funny. Amendola has missed like 15-20 games in 3 years.

Wes Welker missed 3 games in 6 years... how is that even possible.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Come the fuck on, NFL. Apparently they're taking that "No Fun League" moniker very seriously.

NFL will cut down even further on celebrations, because touchdowns aren't supposed to be fun

As PFT notes, a variety of celebratory acts are no longer permissible and will result in a penalty: "These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing." In other words: ANY KIND OF DEMONSTRATION OF ANYTHING RESEMBLING A HUMAN EMOTION. Somebody needs to loop all of these together in one single monstrous celebration. It'd be worth the 15 yards, easy.
Now, granted, I agree with the ball spinning thing. Santana Moss has been doing it for years, and Pierre Garcon started doing it when he got to the Redskins last season. I feel like it's very similar to when Laron Landry makes a big tackle after allowing a 20 yard gain. But they're basically making absolutely no celebrations on touchdowns? Holy shit, come on!

I wonder if the championship belt or salsa dancing will be flagged? It'd be pretty fucked up if it's basically targeting random celebrations, but marquee players are a-ok.