2013 NFL Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Surprised the Bengals are so high on that list. It be James Harrison's fault.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Football bros, I need a new website for pro football stats/news/etc. The thing is, I'm looking for a barebones site, not a lot of background vid/gif/picture crap.

Does such a thing exist? Or do I just need to learn how to work the thingamajigger on Chrome?

For the curious, I was using Yahoo, but they just added way too much shit for my connection.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

I love that site. And the other sport versions of it. Routinely fall down the rabbit hole when I go to that and the hockey one especially.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals extend Geno Atkins! $10 million in cap space rolls over into next season for the expected Green and Dalton extensions.

Geno Atkins gets $55M extension

I have no issue with giving him that dollar amount. The Bengals have themselves a very expensive defensive front now - Dunlap, Michael Johnson and now Atkins.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
make sure he is referring to the Detroit Lions of the National Football League

and not BC Lions of CFL

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I've won a couple hundred from him and pretty excited to get some more. He's like a free money pinata.

That Geno Atkins deal is awesome for the Bengals. Dude is worth way more than that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We'll have to see if both teams can stay as good as they were last year. But as of now, fuck the seahawks. Seriously. I don't care if Marshawn Lynch was available in the 8th round of my fantasy draft, I wouldn't pick him up. I can't be happy for anything good happening with a seahawk.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
First thing I learned when I loaded up that site was that after this season, barring injuries, 3 of the top 6 all time yardage leaders in passing with be current players. Year after that it will be 3 of the top 5, and the following year Peyton will take over number 1.

I know its not really surprising information given what we've seen recently, but sometimes its crazy to see it put in perspective how much the game has changed even in just the last 8 or so years.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No way is it at Ravens Steelers level yet.

One of the last games we played it showed some stat over the last decade the pts scored for each team vs the other and the total was exactly the same. You need to go a long time with good games to reach that level. Those contests for years made a huge impact on the playoffs, and both of those teams havent really been in contention much recently at the same time. Maybe over several years if Harbaugh and Carroll stay there it could be.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course it's not on the level of the best rivalry in sports, but as far as rivalries go it's definitely the best new shit going on right now. I mean, the rest of the NFL rivalries are either old as fuck and meaningless(NFC North), meaningless and gay(NFC East/South, AFC West), or imaginary and contrived(BRADY/PEYPEY!).

SF/Seattle is two teams that actually fucking matter and that actually play real manly football, as much as that's allowed these days. Harbaugh is an absolute fucking lunatic and will retire within 5 years if he doesn't want to die of a heart attack, and Carroll has that awesome college "fuck you we're gonna keep scoring" attitude. It's a perfect storm. It's probably foolish to even pretend it will keep up like this for long, but it's pretty GD awesome to have while it's boiling now. Sort of like the short lived but awesome Detroit/Colorado rivalry in hockey.

Though...I mean....SF can't even fucking handle the Rams so does anyone really think they are a legit team that can carry the weight of their expectations for any extended amount of time?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Of course it's not on the level of the best rivalry in sports, but as far as rivalries go it's definitely the best new shit going on right now. I mean, the rest of the NFL rivalries are either old as fuck and meaningless(NFC North),
Nothing says meaningless like a division with three (3) teams with 10+ wins, 2 of whom had super bowl appearances in the last 7 years, and 1 of whom won the Super Bowl in the last 3 years.

Dumb shit Yinzer.