2013 NFL Season

Not nearly as annoying as all of the fair-weather faggots, suddenly on Alex Smith's nuts. 3 years ago, he was part of the "laughing stock" of the NFL, and people here were calling him horrible. Fuck, 4 years ago he was getting benched in favor of Shaun Hill. Remember him? Yeah, nobody else does either. I'm just sick and tired of people not calling a spade a spade. He's a middling QB, who only does well in systems with great defense and solid RB play. I don't root against the guy, because I don't really give a fuck. He's not my QB anymore and after suffering through 6 losing seasons with him, I'm not going to "undue" all that trauma because of one NFC Championship appearance. We got our draft picks, I couldn't be happier. It's obvious that it was the wiser choice. I don't have to "justify" anything, as Kaepernick has proved 2 years running that it was the right choice to make the switch. Good luck to Smith and the Chiefs, they just need to come to reality and realize what they have in the guy. Hopefully, the game against the Colts will give them an idea of what they are in for. A whole lot of "hope" that never quite pans out. Anyhow, this is the last I'm going to say on the subject of Alex Smith.

Carolina scares me a lot more than Seattle does, honestly. The only thing scary about Seattle, is their overwhelming home field advantage. They have almost as many inconsistencies on offense as the 49ers, but their stadium keeps them ahead in most games. Carolina has a much scarier offense, with a defense that is arguably even better. If our playcalling doesn't get a whole lot better, we're in for a crushing defeat against Carolina.
We're talking about the 2000s 49ers, right? Wasn't the franchise firing and replacing the entire coaching staff every 2 years or something? I feel like it was an absolute dogshit place to be a quarterback during the "I want WINNERS!!1" days out there. Did he ever have more than 2 years with a coordinator?

It's great that the bay area dumpster fire was extinguished and you guys are good again...but I think just a bit too much of the lost decade bitterness is being focused onto one guy. Tbh.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not nearly as annoying as all of the fair-weather faggots, suddenly on Alex Smith's nuts. 3 years ago, he was part of the "laughing stock" of the NFL, and people here were calling him horrible. Fuck, 4 years ago he was getting benched in favor of Shaun Hill. Remember him? Yeah, nobody else does either. I'm just sick and tired of people not calling a spade a spade. He's a middling QB, who only does well in systems with great defense and solid RB play. I don't root against the guy, because I don't really give a fuck. He's not my QB anymore and after suffering through 6 losing seasons with him, I'm not going to "undue" all that trauma because of one NFC Championship appearance. We got our draft picks, I couldn't be happier. It's obvious that it was the wiser choice. I don't have to "justify" anything, as Kaepernick has proved 2 years running that it was the right choice to make the switch. Good luck to Smith and the Chiefs, they just need to come to reality and realize what they have in the guy. Hopefully, the game against the Colts will give them an idea of what they are in for. A whole lot of "hope" that never quite pans out. Anyhow, this is the last I'm going to say on the subject of Alex Smith.

Carolina scares me a lot more than Seattle does, honestly. The only thing scary about Seattle, is their overwhelming home field advantage. They have almost as many inconsistencies on offense as the 49ers, but their stadium keeps them ahead in most games. Carolina has a much scarier offense, with a defense that is arguably even better. If our playcalling doesn't get a whole lot better, we're in for a crushing defeat against Carolina.
Really? Which do you think is more annoying, the people laughing at Tony Romo or the people who type paragraph after paragraph making excuses for Tony Romo? Because this is applicable to this situation. Someone says something along the lines of "Oh Alex Smith is doing awesome! Lol 49ers" and then you type out of a page long response about how bad he is.

Congrats you have your opinion, repeating it ad nauseam isn't going to change the opinions of others.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
News flash: no one really gives a fuck about Alex Smith. But you are really fun to laugh at.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
News flash: no one really gives a fuck about Alex Smith. But you are really fun to laugh at.
I know I'm fucking sick of seeing his name brought up. Can't we move back to Rapelessburger? Phil Simms? I hated that guy.

Trivia:

The Steelers drafted Johnny Unitas in the 9th round of the draft in nineteendiggitytwo, then cut him. It's a fact.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If anything, there were a lot of no calls this week. Something I greatly prefer to nonstop calls.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seemed like they were generally keeping the flags pocketed. I liked it. You get mad about no-calls more when you actually give a shit about the outcome though.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You just wrote a thesis, based off a sentence. Somethin' to think about...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
my picks:
indi over KC
Philly over NO
think cinci will pull out a win over SD
SF over Green bay
ick i sucked got half right. one each day....

this week
AFC:
pats over indi
SD over Denver (changed my mind on this one)
NFC:
Seattle over NO
SF over Carolina

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Also, wonder if there's ever been 2 divisions representing the final 4 teams of a conference? (NFC South / NFC West)

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

I'm like the biggest Smith fanboy in the thread, and even my praise of him is tongue-in-cheek most of the time. That's what you're not getting, you humorless dipshit. Most of us watched that Colts game laughing our asses off while we saw Alex-fucking-Smith drop 44 points and establish a 28 point lead against a playoff opponent on the road (despite the loss of Charles on the first series of the game). Meanwhile you're over there pouting in the corner like a little bitch because how dare Alex Smith bring anyone joy after all he's done to you over the years! That bastard!

For most of us, it's fun to see a guy achieve some level of success after nearly being written off entirely as a result of years of pure organizational incompetence by your team. You? You're bitching about your team even when they win a playoff game on the road? Do you even fucking like football, bro?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm like the biggest Smith fanboy in the thread, and even my praise of him is tongue-in-cheek most of the time. That's what you're not getting, you humorless dipshit. Most of us watched that Colts game laughing our asses off while we saw Alex-fucking-Smith drop 44 points and establish a 28 point lead against a playoff opponent on the road (despite the loss of Charles on the first series of the game). Meanwhile you're over there pouting in the corner like a little bitch because how dare Alex Smith bring anyone joy after all he's done to you over the years! That bastard!

For most of us, it's fun to see a guy achieve some level of success after nearly being written off entirely as a result of years of pure organizational incompetence by your team. You? You're bitching about your team even when they win a playoff game on the road? Do you even fucking like football, bro?
That pretty much nails it on the head.