2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're not expecting the Habs to crush Tampa, we're simply expecting it to go the distance.

Merrith

You guys know that last year Tampa didn't have Bishop and this year the Lightning are 5-0 vs Montreal
For all the Game 7 heroics, Bishop still doesn't have a lot of playoff experience, and on the whole, wasn't the better goalie against Detroit. Even if none of that were an issue, he's going to be looking across the ice at Carey Price. Habs automatically get the nod in the goaltending match up. Also 5-0 in the regular season might help their confidence, but regular season records can mean dick come a playoff series.

That said, I still picked Tampa in 6, because I think they are a bad match up for the Habs, I just don't put as much stock into a regular season record anymore when it comes to predicting playoff series.

Also, word is Zucc is out for all of Round 2, and his availability for ECF or SCF is in doubt still.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys know that last year Tampa didn't have Bishop and this year the Lightning are 5-0 vs Montreal
Tampa had a pretty good record against Detroit and barely made it out. If their pp doesn't stop sucking ass they aren't going far.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Also, word is Zucc is out for all of Round 2, and his availability for ECF or SCF is in doubt still.
Yeah, AV was trying to be coy about his availability in the 2nd round but the second that puck connected I figured his run was over. It pretty much has to be a concussion, not much mystery there. I'm not too worried though, I thought Sheppard looked good when he was filling in for Glass. Of course, just about anyone would look better in replace of Tanner Glass but yeah he'll do fine.

It's all eyes on MSL. Everyone knows he is capable, he just needs to get out of his own head and get back to his game.

Or keep feeding Nash....

Edit: Kinda funny, Cpt Mac was also responsible for exposing Lundqvist's throat with his stick which resulted in his injury. Shit happens, but that's twice in a few months he was involved in a teammates injury. He's gotta be feeling some guilt there.

Araxen

Think Tampa matches up pretty well with Habs actually. My biggest question mark for Tampa (Bishop) just posted a shutout in Game 7. Could be the push they need.

Have to be a homer to think Chicago can win a playoff series? Kidding right? This is the Blackhawks we're talking about. Wild can definitely win the series, but to act like Chicago has no chance is laughable.
If the Hawks D shows up to play I feel beating Minnesota is no problem. That is where the real problem is with the Blackhawks is that sometimes the D shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Our D isn't consistent at all. It's very easy to blame the goalie and forget it's actually the D that is fucking up and hanging the goalie out to dry. When Darling was pulled in game 6 it really wasn't his fault but it was the D's fault. The team came out in the 2nd period and played liked a totally different team especially on D. That isn't to say our goalies haven't had a case of sucking ass from time to time but our goalies for quite a few seasons have only been as good as our D is. It's the way our system works. We can get away without needing to have an elite goalie in net because our D makes up for it.

I feel confident in saying the Hawks can win the Cup with either Crawford(obviously) or Darling in net.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Glad i'm not the only one that thinks Klein looks EXACTLY LIKE the original Sparticus.

rrr_img_96204.jpg

Wanted to do a side by side but i'm bad at stuff so this will have to do!

Merrith

Milbury sounds like an 80's Bears fan in his hype for Rags. Lundqvist or Roy? Lundqvist.

Merrith

Caps PPless streak against NY teams ended after 117 minutes. Then we got 2 in a row, mainly b/c Kreider missed the stick lift and so obviously dinged Glencross up high. Pretty good snipe by AO, nice move by Trotz starting the 2nd PP unit to end up with Ovechkin v. Boyle on that chance (if that was his intention)

Nutron_sl

shitlord
East

Montrealv. Ottawa (Habs in 6) *
Tampa Bayv. Detroit (Bolts in 5)

NY Rangersv. Pittsburgh (Rags in 5) *
Washington v.NY Islanders(Isles in 7)

West

Anaheimv. Winnipeg (Ducks in 7)
Vancouver v.Calgary(Flames in 6) *

St. Louis v.Minnesota(Wild in 6) *
Nashville v.Chicago(Hawks in 5)
Pretty good overall.

I got 4 series out of 8 and guessed the winner in 3 others. Only one I missed was caps winning it vs isles which could've gone either way.

Round 2:

Montrealvs Tamba Bay (Habs in 6)
NY Rangersvs Washington (NY in 7)

Anaheimvs Calgary (Ducks in 5)
Chicago vsMinnesota(Wild in 7)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lundqvist kept us in it there in the 2nd. Hayes and Yandle seem to be generating every rush on our end. AV needs juggle some of these pairings.

Ovie is a monster tonight. God help us if him AND Backstrom ever get going. The latter has been a non factor thus far.

Merrith

Lundqvist kept us in it there in the 2nd. Hayes and Yandle seem to be generating every rush on our end. AV needs juggle some of these pairings.

Ovie is a monster tonight. God help us if him AND Backstrom ever get going. The latter has been a non factor thus far.
Lundqvist straight up robbed Backstrom. Swede on Swede larceny.

Merrith

Also apparently you have to be in control of your stick at all times...except when you're high sticking a goalie, then it's just tough to play in the slot.

Merrith

Pierre "CLEARLY FROM BEHIND"...on replay it looks shoulder to shoulder, and Dan Boyle was hunched over as much as anyone could be, already against the boards too. What a play by Ovechkin there not giving up on the puck. Ward makes up for ringing the iron when he literally had as good a chance as you can get. Game 1 stolen in NY. Although I felt like for parts of the game we were the better team, need to not sit back so much in the 3rd...and holy hell, no icing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Although I felt like for parts of the game we were the better team,need to not sit back so much in the 3rd...and holy hell, no icing.
So much this. There was a long string of time there where I felt like they were just trying to protect the lead. I think around the 14 min mark in the 3rd though, they finally decided to stop that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Really fucking stupid ending actually, but I don't think they stole it at all really. Too many mistakes in our own end, two specifically by the obviously rusty Klein. He wasn't ready and should of probably sat another day. Game should of ended with the Miller turnover to begin with so Ward goal was just serendipity. That game was all Ovechkin though, what a game he had man.

The hit was questionable for sure, but w/e no excuse really.

Merrith

Really fucking stupid ending actually, but I don't think they stole it at all really. Too many mistakes in our own end, two specifically by the obviously rusty Klein. He wasn't ready and should of probably sat another day. Game should of ended with the Miller turnover to begin with so Ward goal was just serendipity. That game was all Ovechkin though, what a game he had man.

The hit was questionable for sure, but w/e no excuse really.
After watching it again, It's way more from the side and shoulder to shoulder. Boyle was unlucky to be hunched over there too. Goalies get a lot of credit for a 2-1 game, but really both teams had a lot more chances that could have been goals tonight. You guys were eating Gleason alive tonight. Against the speed I'd almost prefer we dressed Schmidt over him.