2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
9/10 Caps fans knew the 1st period of a 12:30 game would be awful. Although if they didn't give up that one in the first minute and was only a 1-0 game it might be better.

Malakriss

The Caps simply aren't a team that is going to routinely score 3 goals or more in playoff games this year. Either Holtby and the defense keeps it low or else they have to break their average.

Merrith

12:30 game and we lost? This is my shocked face. Only saw highlights, but no surprise we had a slow start in another early game. I heard rumors about people being annoyed with the last Rags' PP, that the call was a phantom one. Considering it was Troy Brouwer, I'll just assume it was 2 minutes for being terrible. If anyone deserves to get sent to the box every so often, it's that guy. Ovechkin's goal was pretty sick. Can't think many other guys in the league have the power and speed to pull that off. We really need some more offense though. Feels like Ovechkin and Kuznetsov have been it since about the mid point of the Isles series aside from the clutch goal here or there from Joel Ward.

Oh well, got the split up there, need to come back and win Monday night to set the tone at home.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yandle may have embelished a high stick a tad.

As for Ovechkin, he is in full blown god mode right now. That goal was nuts, it's really impressive to watch.

Merrith

Yandle may have embelished a high stick a tad.

As for Ovechkin, he is in full blown god mode right now. That goal was nuts, it's really impressive to watch.
I don't care if Yandle went 80's WWF style and bladed himself. Troy Brouwer always deserves 2 minutes. Always. Getting him off the ice even putting us down a man improved chances of us tying the game.

AO needs some more help though. Backstrom after having such a hot start has 1 assist in his last 5 games (0 goals). By contrast Ovechkin has 3 goals and 4 assists in the last 6 games.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What the fuck is the matter with Montreal? Allowing 6? Lost two at home in the second round. That's the end of their season.

Araxen

This third period is not going to easy. I expect the Wild to come out swinging.

Northerner

N00b
Well, Calgary looked a hell of a lot better than in game one... just not nearly good enough to actually win. We should take one at home but that's about it. Ducks in five is looking like the smart bet still.

Merrith

Great game going on with the Caps/Rags!
That shit was intense. I thought Alzner had sealed it for us off that great pass from Ovechkin but just off the inside of the post. Pretty fluky goal that won it, although good on Beagle for continuing to play after he Brouwer'd the original chance which was a golden one. Team D tonight was pretty baller, Niskanen was a warrior. Tired of hearing about every goalie other than Holtby. Dude is for real.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuckin A Holtby!

Pretty sure the people at the gym were annoyed at me for changing the channel from NBA playoffs to the Caps/Rags game.