2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuckin A Holtby!

Pretty sure the people at the gym were annoyed at me for changing the channel from NBA playoffs to the Caps/Rags game.
Probably. Get that crap at bars all around where I live. I'll admit to watching the NBA Finals occasionally, but can't get into most of the NBA season or even Round 1. Just no drama compared to NHL playoffs.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This third period is not going to easy. I expect the Wild to come out swinging.
Good Luck Tonight. Finally back at the Xcel. Hopefully our crowd will spike some energy. If we can take away 2 here at home and tie this series, there will still be a chance for us. If your Hawks take even one game here in the next 2, it's over and you will be off to California. I thought the blues games at home were nuts... This is going to get loud and very hostile for the Hawks to play in. I only hope it's enough. Our Defense needs to quit making mistakes giving 3 on 2, 2 on 0, 3 on 1's. You guys are capitalizing on those.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Good Luck Tonight. Finally back at the Xcel. Hopefully our crowd will spike some energy. If we can take away 2 here at home and tie this series, there will still be a chance for us. If your Hawks take even one game here in the next 2, it's over and you will be off to California. I thought the blues games at home were nuts... This is going to get loud and very hostile for the Hawks to play in. I only hope it's enough. Our Defense needs to quit making mistakes giving 3 on 2, 2 on 0, 3 on 1's. You guys are capitalizing on those.
We were down 0-2 twice last year and won the next two games at home both times. I don't think this series is over. The Hawks are a rough team. You give them scoring chances and they take advantage. Just so much shooting talent up and down that whole squad. Suter has to play better and they need to be more conservative in their own zone.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That shit was intense. I thought Alzner had sealed it for us off that great pass from Ovechkin but just off the inside of the post. Pretty fluky goal that won it, although good on Beagle for continuing to play after he Brouwer'd the original chance which was a golden one. Team D tonight was pretty baller, Niskanen was a warrior. Tired of hearing about every goalie other than Holtby. Dude is for real.
Yeah, crossbar came up big there. Alot of good chances on both ends but most of Holtby's saves came from way outside, usually on bad angles with no traffic. Not that he hasn't been amazing all season, I just think everyone in front of him (especially the D) were freaking surgical out there. We just couldn't get anything going.

Merrith

Yeah, crossbar came up big there. Alot of good chances on both ends but most of Holtby's saves came from way outside, usually on bad angles with no traffic. Not that he hasn't been amazing all season, I just think everyone in front of him (especially the D) were freaking surgical out there. We just couldn't get anything going.
That's why it cracks me up reading blogs like Blueshirt Banter and reading that the Rangers have clearly been the better team for all 3 games. I'd even give them the nod last night, and the nod in all three 1st periods of the series, but Caps were better the last 50 minutes of Game 1, and made a good push after the 1st period in game 2 (score effects probably helped that along, but still). I feel like aside from certain scrambles in front of Holtby, we're creating some of the more dangerous chances. Lundqvist has played out of his mind to limit Ovechkin to 2 goals in this series so far. I mean, how many saves did Holtby make last night with clear sight lines of the shooter on a long range shot right into his glove. Rags had 4 shots outside the blue line.

Rags really need to get more traffic to the front. Basically copy what Nash did on the 2nd goal in Game 2 (Boyle's). Weak little wrister from the blue line that Holtby had no chance on because he never saw it. Come to think of it, Caps need to get more traffic in front of Lundqvist too.

Fadaar

That guy
Fucking shit scheduling in the Lightning/Habs series. Weds/Thurs for games 3 and 4? Fffffuuuu I wanted an excuse to drive down there but I can't unless it's a Fri/Sat/Sun game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah we cannot be giving them those chances. We need to protect the puck better and use our speed out of our zone but at the same time maintain control. One mess up and somehow Kane gets it and it's an instant goal if all our players are out of position.
frown.png
Hopefully the crowd will get everything going. We need to win these two at home. If we lose one of them, it's over.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Can't wait for the Crawford chants on Thursday!
Yeah he was damn good. But even better was your defense. Blocked shots were through the roof as well as not letting our players get into scoring position. Dube shoudl have easily had that Kane shot through the five hole. But other than that he played well too. 2 of 3 games decided by one goal. Oh well, not over yet (Although pretty damn close haha). Folks on the radio this morning were saying it best. We came back from a horrible record back in January and went on to be one of the hottest hockey teams in the league. We have also been down 3-0 before and battled back twice in back to back series. So there is still a little hope left alive. If anything has showed me anything this particular season being a wild fan, is that you never want to count out this team. The Hawks are going to want to bury them here 4-0. If not, any game win momentum shift can send this to 7.

Merrith

The Wild likely will beat the Hawks, you'd have to be a homer to think otherwise after watching the first round. During the season the Hawks had better goaltending. They could win but I wouldn't bet on it.
NFL but...yeah

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. Last night was a rough one. Wild adjusted to what happened in game 2 and came out really conservative and considering it was lazy mistakes that lost us both of the prevous games, I completely understand. That gameplan change kept us in the whole game, but we walked away without any real solid scoring chances and one goal was enough for them.

I hope we can win tomorrow. A sweep would be a rough way to put a cap to a pretty great season.

Yeah. Last night was a rough one. Wild adjusted to what happened in game 2 and came out really conservative and considering it was lazy mistakes that lost us both of the prevous games, I completely understand. That gameplan change kept us in the whole game, but we walked away without any real solid scoring chances and one goal was enough for them.

I hope we can win tomorrow. A sweep would be a rough way to put a cap to a pretty great season.
I don't think th e hawks sweep, but I don't think the series goes beyond five now.

Merrith

If anyone can blow a series lead, it's the Caps. Even if we go up 3-1, I don't feel safe.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dear god what I wouldn't give to have Callahan back. MSL has been playing hockey like 18 years and the dude can't even get a puck on net from 6 feet away? What the fuck happened to him?? I'm glad NY is going for the dirty goals because that is what it's gonna take but so far Holtby has been up to the task. We dominated the neutral zone and finally started to win a few faceoffs (not enough, but still..). I don't know, I smell a bullshit goal incoming against Lundqvist. That's just the way I see us going out, stupid bounces.

As far as Ovechkin goes, is he playing like 45/50 minute games? I swear he is ALWAYS on the ice. Dude needs to be tested for steroids or cyborg implants or something, he doesn't get tired like ever.