2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not coming off harsh at all.

I was just responding to your response to Elurin. All i'm saying is I don't recall Washington setting up and cycling the puck at all last game. They had one or two quick shots then the puck was moved out. Actual shots on net may have been close, but it felt like most of the play was in Caps territory.

I'm also not trying to imply the Rangers have been the better team all series, but I do think we were in games 2 and 4.
I think you guys were more the better team in Game 3 than 4, to be honest. The 3rd line set up a cycle a couple of times last night (Burakovsky, Beagle, Brouwer). That line and the top line (minus Ward, who for some reason wasn't always on with Ovechkin and Backstrom) had positive Corsi (and fenwick obviously) last night. Our 2nd line got murdered in possession all night (Johannson, Kuznetsov, Chimera). Ward hasn't been as effective down low helping maintain possession for Backstrom and Ovechkin in this series as he was against the Isles. Rags have been tougher on the boards by far in their own zone than Isles were.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
aw sheet. Canadiens have apparently learned how to score goals on Bishop, finally!
biggrin.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not coming off harsh at all.

I was just responding to your response to Elurin. All i'm saying is I don't recall Washington setting up and cycling the puck at all last game. They had one or two quick shots then the puck was moved out. Actual shots on net may have been close, but it felt like most of the play was in Caps territory.

I'm also not trying to imply the Rangers have been the better team all series, but I do think we were in games 2 and 4.
I agree with that assessment completely. I think game 4 was the worst, too. Seems like we'd get in the Rags zone and like 2 passes or a shot later and the possession would be over. Then the Rags would stay down in the Caps zone for what seemed like forever.

It was compounded in the last 10 minutes because we basically were playing it like an extended PP; sending the puck down for icing instead of doing what little they had done in the first 2 periods.

Edit: I kind of feel bad for the Wild. It's got to be depressing to get dominated so bad in a series.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So, do the Habs lose at home, or do they hold on for another game?

Chicago is going to have to work to stay sharp. Big pause before the next series.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I agree with that assessment completely. I think game 4 was the worst, too. Seems like we'd get in the Rags zone and like 2 passes or a shot later and the possession would be over. Then the Rags would stay down in the Caps zone for what seemed like forever.

It was compounded in the last 10 minutes because we basically were playing it like an extended PP; sending the puck down for icing instead of doing what little they had done in the first 2 periods.

Edit: I kind of feel bad for the Wild. It's got to be depressing to get dominated so bad in a series.
Three of the four games were decided by one goal. Game two we played like garbage and we had a lot of unlucky bounces or deflections which turned into goals for Hawks and some poor saves. Hawks are an awesome team, but we also didn't have a lot of our way in the term of hockey luck.

If the Hawks continue to play like that the entire cup they are going to take home the Stanley in eight games. Their defense is too tight.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Three of the four games were decided by one goal. Game two we played like garbage and we had a lot of unlucky bounces or deflections which turned into goals for Hawks and some poor saves. Hawks are an awesome team, but we also didn't have a lot of our way in the term of hockey luck.
Let's not make excuses here. Compared to how we showed up against the Blues we were pretty awful in this series. Outside of 3 quick goals in period 2 of game 1 and the two quick ones last night, just awful hockey all around. Game 2 was one of the worst showings I've seen from this team since we acquired Dubs and then we overcompensated and played too conservative in game 3.

One goal games be damned. We were never really in control of any of these instances, which is sad considering how intense the same match up was last year.

These Chicago series always make me jealous of teams with more than just one or two pure goal scorers. I'm still hopeful we get there with Zucker and Nino added to Vanek (shoot more next year, bro) and Poms, but right now we play a lot of grinder hockey and the more skilled teams have a tendency to embarrass us.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Let's not make excuses here. Compared to how we showed up against the Blues we were pretty awful in this series. Outside of 3 quick goals in period 2 of game 1 and the two quick ones last night, just awful hockey all around. Game 2 was one of the worst showings I've seen from this team since we acquired Dubs and then we overcompensated and played too conservative in game 3.

One goal games be damned. We were never really in control of any of these instances, which is sad considering how intense the same match up was last year.

These Chicago series always make me jealous of teams with more than just one or two pure goal scorers. I'm still hopeful we get there with Zucker and Nino added to Vanek (shoot more next year, bro) and Poms, but right now we play a lot of grinder hockey and the more skilled teams have a tendency to embarrass us.
Oh trust me no excuses made here. More frustration with one hell of a great defense from Chicago who was patient enough for us to make a mistake, give it to Kane, and score. We weren't shooting enough, and we gave away the puck WAY too much. Hell I think they said last night it was 7 gives to 0. With that said those one goal games were the result of some awfully lucky shit. A puck deflection off a wild leg, a puck off the top of Dubnyk's stick and spinning in, Dube letting an easy five holer go through against Kane, in game 1 that top left shelf shot where I have no reason why Dubnyk wasn't able to stop that... Lots of mistakes, lots of wicked bounces... But a team gets those by shooting the puck.

Crawford was undeniably awesome. Their defense destroyed us. Suter and Scandella were fucking awful and those turn overs and shit passes they had resulted in a lot of goals... I am just upset.

The twins are looking good....lol

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nobody talking about the Flames in here? I'm biased as a fan, but I really think they've had the most exciting games this post-season. (Leaving Game 1 vs ANA out of course).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a Flames fan I take offense to you writing us off so easily! (Not really, I think it will be Ducks in 5 or 6, but still, you're a bastard!)
There is nothing more I want in this world right now than for the Flames to win that series.

The long lay off between series is going to help the Hawks a lot because they need the rest badly.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
This playoffs has been pretty dull IMO, not nearly enough drama. I've been watching a lot of the games, but things just seem too defensive again. Reminds me of the year the Hurricanes won the cup before they changed all the rules to open things up. It's too easy to just shut down an offense, but I don't know what's changed.