2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just here for the annual round 2 Caps collapse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I dunno, Lightning losing in the finals 2 years ago and ECF last year was pretty rough. I think their horrible injury rash this year and them not making the playoffs might be a good break for them.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I dunno if I'll be "happy" with an ECF loss. Seems like that'd be just as bad as a 2nd round one.

Right now I'm still in lets get past the 2nd round. Looks like it'll be the Pens if we get there, since the Jackets have no luck. 7-0 in shots on goal to start the game, Pens score on their first shot of the game. Just how it's been running. Bob is so shit in the playoffs.

• 1Like

Merrith

Unreal. Rags 20 seconds away from going back home up 2-0, now Habs seem like they have all the momentum despite Rags getting the split I'm sure they wanted.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lundqvist was fucking sensational tonight. Too bad there were no defensive players on the ice for his team.

The Staal/Holden pairing was really the only issue on our back end. All three regulation goals were on them. Complete coaching failure having that pairing out with under a minute left, AV deserves that. Bonehead Holden legit broke his own stick in front of his own net, friggen maroooon! The rest of our D has been really solid, especially Smith.

Refs were pretty consistent letting both sides play and vintage Lundqvist showed up, really fun game to watch. Injuries gonna start piling up at this rate though, I'm pretty sure a few of our guys got dinged up last night. Attrition has never really been on our side these last few playoff runs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Don't think the rangers gonna hold up if they keep giving and scoring chance/rebound like that. Price is playing OK so far but nothing sensational.

Scoring change are 6.27 habs vs 2.09 for Rangers.

amazing game.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yikes. Gallagher has been such a pest around the paint, wonder how many of those were created by him.

• 1Like

Merrith

Not that I completely trust expected goals (xG) stat yet, since it sort of ignores shooting and goaltending talent, but yeah overall Habs generated a ton of chances.

Of course...it would be nice for the Habs of all teams to outshoot someone by like a million and still lose the game. (grumble grumble something something 2010)

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Chicago's style of hockey is destroying their playoff chances again. No bruisers, nobody to disrupt the goalie, and their 'take a shot before heading to the bench' is not winning them games. I can see them getting swept in the first round at this point.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs are super impressive for such a young team, if they didn't have one of the most insufferable fan bases in all of hockey I could root for them.

• 1Like