2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Some quality hockey tonight. Montreal just didn't bring their game. And now the Sharks all of a sudden have an effective power play unit and Edmonton is shitting the bed. Should be a good third period (I hope).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some quality hockey tonight. Montreal just didn't bring their game. And now the Sharks all of a sudden have an effective power play unit and Edmonton is shitting the bed. Should be a good third period (I hope).

Be hard to top last night's set of games. Pitt/CBJ was wild though. Wonder if Columbus can find a way to stretch that series out.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm pulling hard for both Columbus and St. Louis. Neither has ever won a cup. It's a crime that St. Louis hasn't - that is a quality franchise that has been around for ages.

If Columbus makes it to the finals, I have tickets. I know, I know. It's good to dream, though.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I'll be live in St. Louis at my first playoff game tonight. I'm pumped.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

I'm pulling hard for both Columbus and St. Louis. Neither has ever won a cup. It's a crime that St. Louis hasn't - that is a quality franchise that has been around for ages.

If Columbus makes it to the finals, I have tickets. I know, I know. It's good to dream, though.

I know who else hasn't ever won a Cup that you can pull for. Maybe?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And even with never having won a cup they still havnt been waiting as long as the leafs lol.

• 1Like

Merrith

And even with never having won a cup they still havnt been waiting as long as the leafs lol.

We're only talking by a couple of years though, and it's easier going through that wait if you've won it before.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're only talking by a couple of years though, and it's easier going through that wait if you've won it before.

Ya the caps are a few years behind. I was wrong however when it comes to the Blues who have been waiting just as long, theyve just never won one before.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I want to punch you in the face. But that's only because you are right and that makes me sad.

I don't really want to punch you in the face, I want to punch the Leafs in the face.

Merrith

That weird moment when you're leading playoff goal scorers with 3 goals each are Alex Ovechkin and Tom Wilson. No really, Tom Wilson. Likely to never see that again.

• 1Like

Merrith

If you're a Blackhawks fan, do you worry that Tom Wilson has more goals in the playoffs than your entire team?

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
It's a good thing too, Holtby looks off tonight. Talk about a house of cards, this one is far from over. Leafs need to stay out of the box at all costs.

Edit: not taking anything away from Wilson, he is a beast right now. That goal saved is bigger than his goals scored. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that hit he had from behind on reilly leading to the two on one goal, but in fairness Boyle had one too right before it so w/e.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Lurking we had a nice, cordial series going on. I hope Matthews breaks both legs tonight and we win 6-0. :D

Well, you might get your wish the way this crap is going down.

I apologise for the mom joke. You're mom's really nice, and makes excellent meatloaf.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Well, you might get your wish the way this crap is going down.

I apologise for the mom joke. You're mom's really nice, and makes excellent meatloaf.

Don't worry, we managed to take TWO stupid penalties in the last 7 seconds of the period to give an almost full 2 minutes of 5 on 3 to Leafs. I'm sure this won't go poorly for us...

Although it would be nice if the refs did something about Leafs ability to somehow get 45 seconds of rest every icing by sneaking on guys who weren't on the ice. Maybe a delay of game or something at some point?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Toronto is playing like Toronto tonight, so Washington is going to win. Toronto can't score on a 5 on 3 power play.

wat?

Merrith

Toronto is playing like Toronto tonight, so Washington is going to win. Toronto can't score on a 5 on 3 power play.

wat?

It's okay, yet another terrible playoff goalie interference call that goes against the Caps. Unreal while Andersen is holding Backstrom's leg, and he actually tries to move away out of the crease when the ref yells get out...then D man helps push him back in.

Gotta keep it close we're in Toronto, boys!

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It's okay, yet another terrible playoff goalie interference call that goes against the Caps. Unreal while Andersen is holding Backstrom's leg, and he actually tries to move away out of the crease when the ref yells get out...then D man helps push him back in.

Gotta keep it close we're in Toronto, boys!

Only the refs can help Toronto win. Toronto can't do it alone, man!