2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well we sorta got what we deserved tonight, all those golden chances at the end of the 3rd and in OT to win it, but no payoff. Carlson breaks his stick, and a nice pass by Boyle makes it a 1-1 series. I'm sure Caps fans will be slitting wrists, but it wasn't like anyone should have been expecting a sweep.

Merrith

Your goalies nickname is flower

I'll say this, right now it looks like he's given the Blue Jackets a pollen allergy. It's hilarious how the Jackets will control long stretches, but get nothing...then Pens will score with their first/next shot on goal.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dartguy.jpg
approves.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

This forsberg kid is pretty good, I mean he's no erat but still.

Ishad this is a pretty low blow after we lost in OT. :p

Someone did the math and if we had Forsberg still we'd still have Adam Oates as head coach, so it worked out.

Merrith

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the Blackhawks are down 0-3. Blown 2+ goal leads just the norm tonight.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want a preds/habs final for the Weber/subban trade showdown

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, WTF is up with Chicago?

Nothing preds are a good team, and pekka rinne has been a weak link since his hip surgery. With rinne playing at all-star form they are scary.

Rinne won game 1, preds beat up Chicago in 2, got a lucky bounce and a call that could have gone either way in 3.

Merrith

I'm starting to get worried. All of the games have gone into OT now. The Caps just can't capitalize on their chances. Feels like another first round exit for the Caps.

Yeah, all the chances in Game 2 after we tied it, Kuzy with half the net gaping while Andersen went down late in the 3rd last night. The 5 on 3. Can't let these chances go to waste. I won't be completely worried unless we lose tomorrow night. If we win it's 2-2 coming back home, but obviously a loss and it's a rough, rough hill to climb at 1-3

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jackets came out like a team should when 1 game from elimination. If they can keep up this pace it's gonna get ugly for my boys.

• 1Like

Merrith

Jackets came out like a team should when 1 game from elimination. If they can keep up this pace it's gonna get ugly for my boys.

Bob going to Bob though. Not sure he can hold it together this 3rd period.

• 1Solidarity