2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Good on them - supposedly that ball could have been worth up to 500k. Giving him way more than what was initially reported from the team, plus that Bitcoin from Brady, lessens the sting a little about having to give it back

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could see it being worth more but lets be real, zero chance he gets out of the stadium with it in his possession.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could see it being worth more but lets be real, zero chance he gets out of the stadium with it in his possession.
So he didn't really 'give it back' then, but good on the Bucs for giving him some swag even if its probably just a calculated 'easy good publicity' move.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kyle Shanahan has a worse record right now as the 49ers head coach than MIKE SINGLETARY.

Its time to reasses this man as a coach.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
Kyle Shanahan has a worse record right now as the 49ers head coach than MIKE SINGLETARY.

Its time to reasses this man as a coach.
We've survived Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, Chip Kelly, and Jim fucking Tomsula before ceasing to exist as a franchise.

• 1Worf

Animosity

You are reaching if you think Pete is getting let go after 1 bad year in which his super star QB gets injured.
Am I? Since the 2 SB runs, we have gotten rolled outta the playoffs each year and progressively get worse. Russ wants outta town and Pete's philosophy wont change. He continues to stay the same when every other team has evolved. There is no way hes still with the team after this season.

• 1Like

Jozu

Pete Carrol is a single play call away from being a two time super bowl winning HC.

His only issue is he is like 80.

Shanahan is just not a good coach. When fans and analysts started calling him "Kyle" or "Shanny" I knew we were fucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
I think you have to give Shanahan at least 1 more season to see how bad/good the Lance deal was. If Lance sucks, Shanahan is 100% done and possibly Lynch too. If Lance is decent but still needs more time? Shanahan might still be done.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You are reaching if you think Pete is getting let go after 1 bad year in which his super star QB gets injured.
2020 - lost wildcard
2019 - lost divisional
2018 - lost wildcard
2017 - missed playoffs
2016 - lost divisional
2015 - lost divisional
2014 - lost Superbowl on one of the worst playcalls in NFL history
2013 - won Superbowl
2012 - lost divisional
2011 - missed playoffs
2010 - lost divisional

His job would be a lot more secure if he'd given the ball to Lynch instead of getting cute with a pass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Pete Carrol is a single play call away from being a two time super bowl winning HC.

His only issue is he is like 80.
The worst play call in super bowl history, that has really put a smear on his legacy. I dont dislike the guy. He is/was an amazing coach for a long time. Its just time for an organizational change. 11 years is a long time with coach.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fans shitting bricks about the 49'ers current situation is pretty funny. I get the frustration I suppose, you gave away the farm for a talented & athletic division I player who was probable not ready for the NFL yet fans expecting results here and now from it.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
Fans shitting bricks about the 49'ers current situation is pretty funny. I get the frustration I suppose, you gave away the farm for a talented & athletic division I player who was probable not ready for the NFL yet fans expecting results here and now from it.
Not really shitting bricks at all. I have this avatar for a reason. I've dealt with the Erickson years, the Nolan years, etc. We suck again, oh no!

But, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some heads to roll if you haven't seen any results from your "star" draft player after two years. Especially when you gave up draft stock for him. It'd also be different if Shanahan had just gotten to town. He's had time to develop schemes, players, evaluate talent, etc.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
2020 - lost wildcard
2019 - lost divisional
2018 - lost wildcard
2017 - missed playoffs
2016 - lost divisional
2015 - lost divisional
2014 - lost Superbowl on one of the worst playcalls in NFL history
2013 - won Superbowl
2012 - lost divisional
2011 - missed playoffs
2010 - lost divisional

His job would be a lot more secure if he'd given the ball to Lynch instead of getting cute with a pass.

I agree with you it would be... but he isn't getting let go this season despite what idiot Hawks fans think/want.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I maintain Shanahan will be a good NFL head coach, but he has sort of lost his way right now. I don't know if the 2019 season made him cocky or something, but he is struggling with play calling and getting into a rhythm, as well as his player evaluation/handling of said players. I have no explanation for what is going on with Brandon Aiyuk, but the messaging is terrible.

What I fear is he will get fired maybe after next year, and move onto another team and probably end up being a great coach. I am not sure he will learn from his mistakes with the 49ers in time for it to save him though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree with you it would be... but he isn't getting let go this season despite what idiot Hawks fans think/want.
They were 2-2 before Wilson got injured and probably weren't gonna beat the Rams even without that injury. With Wilson uninjured they beat the Colts and the Niners.

Dunno whether you blame Carroll, Schneider, or both for not securing a better backup than Geno goddamn Smith, but they'd have been justified in moving on from Carroll even before this embarrassment of a season.