2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Just in time to play...*checks schedule* the Chargers.

This is so on point for both teams. Chargers get a primetime Sunday night game but it's one where their opponent gets a bunch of players back healthy. The 49ers ran out of healthy players to injure, so they brought back some rehabbed starters to get injured again.

Prediction: Chargers go up 3 scores at halftime. 49ers come back as LA collapses and win 38-34, but 3-4 players leave due to injury. So Nobody wins.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Just in time to play...*checks schedule* the Chargers.

This is so on point for both teams. Chargers get a primetime Sunday night game but it's one where their opponent gets a bunch of players back healthy. The 49ers ran out of healthy players to injure, so they brought back some rehabbed starters to get injured again.

Prediction: Chargers go up 3 scores at halftime. 49ers come back as LA collapses and win 38-34, but 3-4 players leave due to injury. So Nobody wins.
Hah, I see it the other way around. 49ers have been shit in the 2nd half of games (except against the Rams) so I could see them going up early and then not keeping their foot on the gas and letting the Chargers back in.

But in reality, the 49ers should win this game. The Chargers have so many injuries, including their LT (Bosa should feast), and their WR's. I really have no idea what to expect, but I am ready to be disappointed.

Edit: Also, the 49ers defense just hasn't been the same without Armstead. Ebukam is their 2nd best Edge as well.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive flip flopped on Armstead. I felt like after they kept him and traded Buckner he was overrated. He doesnt usually put up big numbers, or get a ton of sacks, and kind of began to be overlooked. Everyone was high on Bosa and the D line depth, but as soon as Armstead went down, the defense has been a LOT worse. So is he really that important to such a high level unit?

They still have Warner, Bosa, Greenlaw, Wardx2, Drake Jackson, Ebukam and Hufanga, so its hard to see how just his absence alone can neutralize the rest of the defensive talent. They did lose Mosley too, which was a huge blow, so perhaps its Manny Mosley and Arik being gone.

edit: Halfway through the season and Deebo is NOWHERE near last seasons numbers. I guess he could go wild over the second half like he did last season, but now with CMC, I doubt he gets fed the touches he was getting before. If he plays the same, he would end up with 260 yards rushing and less than 800 yards receiving, with 6 touchdowns. That isnt awful but its no where near the type of all pro player they thought they were investing in.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ive flip flopped on Armstead. I felt like after they kept him and traded Buckner he was overrated. He doesnt usually put up big numbers, or get a ton of sacks, and kind of began to be overlooked. Everyone was high on Bosa and the D line depth, but as soon as Armstead went down, the defense has been a LOT worse. So is he really that important to such a high level unit?

They still have Warner, Bosa, Greenlaw, Wardx2, Drake Jackson, Ebukam and Hufanga, so its hard to see how just his absence alone can neutralize the rest of the defensive talent. They did lose Mosley too, which was a huge blow, so perhaps its Manny Mosley and Arik being gone.

edit: Halfway through the season and Deebo is NOWHERE near last seasons numbers. I guess he could go wild over the second half like he did last season, but now with CMC, I doubt he gets fed the touches he was getting before. If he plays the same, he would end up with 260 yards rushing and less than 800 yards receiving, with 6 touchdowns. That isnt awful but its no where near the type of all pro player they thought they were investing in.
The 49ers fucked up on the Buckner trade, no doubt about it. I understand their rationale at the time, but it just didn't pan out. Kinlaw has been a bust, and Buckner is still amazing.

Armstead doesn't put up big flashy numbers, but he is incredibly important to what they do. He is amazing against the run, and takes up multiple blockers on passing downs to give the edge guys better opportunities. If you don't see how good he has been, you aren't paying attention.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn second game in a row I missed and we won.

Guess I'm not watching Bucs play the rest of this season.

1668364277695.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tickle a QB, 100 yard penalty and banned from the league. Helmet to helmet full speed hit on a receiver who wasn't even looking, pick up the flag that was thrown! Juju looks fucked up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Holy shit he fucking did it again too. I don’t get the NFL, you can’t even tackle a QB anymore but that hit was apparently OK. Pick one and be consistent ffs

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users