2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't really call Cooper a "hit." They were always going to be screwed cap wise with him and would have been much better off not giving away a 1st rd pick for him
Zeke was a much worse cap decision. They could've retained Cooper for a year, they did almost nothing with the money they saved by moving him (for this year at least). They could've also let Schultz walked and saved there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
All I needed to hear was New Jersey. It all makes sense.

But the hold call looked like it was probably legit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know I'm swooping in a bit late, but DJ Moore should not have been flagged for removing his helmet as the text of the rule very explicitly refers to being on the field of play or in the endzone, and he was out of the endzone. I love to rag on morons who get in trouble for excessive celebration but he did nothing to justify a flag.

Diggs' celebration is part of what makes the Minneapolis Miracle such an iconic play and that wasn't just an unsportsmanlike act (albeit one with no time left on the clock), he should have been fined for the helmet throw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The rule doesn't say anything about entering the field of play without a helmet on, which players do ALL the fucking time. They need to rewrite the rule if they're not going to enforce it as written.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't seen any video evidence that Sullivan was in the field of play when his helmet came off either, sounds like the NFL is just circling the wagons around the refs who made yet another egregiously terrible call.

Kicker still should have made the kick though, or the much shorter field goal he also missed during overtime.

*edit*

and even if a picture/footage of Sullivan violating the rule comes out, it doesn't matter because that isn't what was called on the field.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It matters because the penalty still gets called, Moore just doesn't get shit on for it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This helmet discussion is so fucking stupid. Obviously the soul of the rule is there so players are not taking their helmet off after getting a first down. I can picture it, if it were legal to remove your helmet, guys would be taking their helmet off every other play to yell and celebrate etc.

But after a touchdown? C'mon, that should not count, especially if the guy is in the fucking ENDZONE or out of bounds behind the endzone. For fucks sake you should be able to get naked after hitting paydirt, what the fuck let guys celebrate a touchdown. Touchdowns are the lifeblood of this league. Awesome defense is fantastic, but at the end of the day fans start losing interest when there are no touchdowns. The NFL should be ENCOURAGING guys to take off their helmet to express themselves after scoring for fucks sake.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I was happy Terry Mclaurin didnt get the same flag from this play vs the colts... took his helmet off on field and started yelling 'this my mother fuckin city' .. but i guess it was long enough after the play was over and a timeout was called. im not sure what the rule is exactly.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
E66Ft9r.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah thats true about McLaurin, I didnt even think of that. And he was very demonstrative and basically taunting guys as he walked by them.