2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that's pretty much the only guy I can think of who just did things from his position at the time that just no one else was even remotely close to. Could maybe squeak in a corner like Prime Time or Revis in their prime, but those were shorter. Lott or Ed Reed as a safety?
I still think it's probably Watt for me, just considering the body of work and the absolute dogshit teams he was a part of. Donald is no doubt unreal, but he's always had relatively solid talent around him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still think it's probably Watt for me, just considering the body of work and the absolute dogshit teams he was a part of. Donald is no doubt unreal, but he's always had relatively solid talent around him.

Watt had a couple of amazing seasons for sure, but injuries kind of derailed any chance for him to have the prolonged dominance that we've seen from Donald. Also what stands out is that Donald is the guy putting up the sack and TFL numbers from the INSIDE, not from the edge. He gets double teamed pretty much every snap of his life.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I'm hoping that's nothing more then Davis PR building. We don't have the money to be wasting on this guy with other needs still and definitely don't need the distraction he will cause.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Males me wonder if we are gonna start hearing more about Dan Ventrelle's accusations after getting fired sooner than later.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hoping that's nothing more then Davis PR building. We don't have the money to be wasting on this guy with other needs still and definitely don't need the distraction he will cause.

Mark Davis and his dad have always been "progressive" with their hires. Which has never bothered me since they didn't do the hires to be "progressive" but because they were good at their jobs. Art Shell, Amy Trask, etc. So this action is consistent with their history. The tryout I assume is because Mark said he was open to it. But he isn't like Al in player matters. If the coaches don't have a place for Kap then he won't force the issue.

I have a hard time believing Kap is football ready after all of these years. But if he is ready and can be at least as good as Marriota (not that high of a bar) as a backup then that's fine. Kap isn't the distraction he used to be. Time has moved on.

The reason the NFL has avoided Kap (and Tebow) is the distractions they bring to the game. The NFL doesn't like that. Kap brought that on himself, we'll see if he can keep his mouth shut this time. Doubtful. Tebow was a victim of the media's obsession with hating Christians.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Was it legal to grab the facemask back then?
Took me a minute to find.

The NFL ruled for the first time in 1956 that it was illegal for one player to grab another by his face mask -- except if that player was carrying the ball. In 1962, the NFL upgraded the rule to include all players.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
According to the Dallas County Sheriff's Department, the crash involved two vehicles. According to preliminary information, the white vehicle was speeding and clipped the vehicle in front of it, losing control before hitting a beam on Woodall Rodgers Freeway in Dallas. The two people in the other vehicle were not injured...

...Gladney, 25, signed with the Cardinals in March after a jury found him not guilty on a felony assault charge.

He was a first-round pick out of TCU in 2020 by the Minnesota Vikings, who released him last August after he was indicted on a charge of assault involving a former girlfriend in April 2021.

Wonder if they'll suppress the toxicology report or just not do an autopsy.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to imagine they will be able to since there was a woman with him that also died.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I give it about a 0.5% chance they don't work out a contract and he retires.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers