2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I'm saying the Lions tried to get cute and confuse the Cowboys, but it backfired and confused the refs instead. They should recognized something was off when the ref came on and announced #70 as eligible
So can we just agree this ref crew sucks and shouldn't officiate any more regular season and playoff games. I agree they got a little too cute, but it's not like they surprised the crew, they reviewed the play with them pregame.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
From Twitter

Some, if not all, of Brad Allen's referee crew from Saturday's Lions-Cowboys game is expected to be downgraded and excluded from officiating playoff games, per
@AdamSchefter

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 7 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm saying the Lions tried to get cute and confuse the Cowboys, but it backfired and confused the refs instead. They should recognized something was off when the ref came on and announced #70 as eligible

You realize that's a horrible excuse, right? These refs are paid hundreds of thousands every year to have a little better understanding of the game than some of the 70 IQ players. Yet, all through every single season, you see these refs cheating getting confused doing their job. And no one can complain that they do a shit job because why? Your excuse is that refs, who were told before the game that players would be subbed and were given that exact play, were confused when players came up to them before the play and said they were subbing? Hell, they even have really large numbers on their jerseys to keep these refs from being too confused with the hard trig problem of player subbing. Uhh, which number was it again? Sounds ultra intelligent of them.

Blatant Ref Ball and the biggest reason this game has went to shit. I doubt any Detroit players have the balls to complain about the robbery, but they got robbed.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
From Twitter

Some, if not all, of Brad Allen's referee crew from Saturday's Lions-Cowboys game is expected to be downgraded and excluded from officiating playoff games, per
@AdamSchefter
This seems worded in a very weasely way. Sounds like Brad Allen is done at least I guess.

Amod, can this thread be renamed to:

The Refs That Suck at Their Job and Don't Go on Paid Leave Thread​

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So can we just agree this ref crew sucks and shouldn't officiate any more regular season and playoff games. I agree they got a little too cute, but it's not like they surprised the crew, they reviewed the play with them pregame.

Of course the refs suck, but they always have and always will.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You realize that's a horrible excuse, right? These refs are paid hundreds of thousands every year to have a little better understanding of the game than some of the 70 IQ players. Yet, all through every single season, you see these refs cheating getting confused doing their job. And no one can complain that they do a shit job because why? Your excuse is that refs, who were told before the game that players would be subbed and were given that exact play, were confused when players came up to them before the play and said they were subbing? Hell, they even have really large numbers on their jerseys to keep these refs from being too confused with the hard trig problem of player subbing. Uhh, which number was it again? Sounds ultra intelligent of them.

Blatant Ref Ball and the biggest reason this game has went to shit. I doubt any Detroit players have the balls to complain about the robbery, but they got robbed.

Do you think I represent the refs or give a shit how you feel about them? They were shit for both teams and the tripping call against the wrong team is far more egregious than the 2 point play

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Please don't fuck it all up, just win
It's the Cowboys. WHAT could go wrong????
1704045771068.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Do you think I represent the refs or give a shit how you feel about them? They were shit for both teams and the tripping call against the wrong team is far more egregious than the 2 point play

No, but your argument was that Detroit should have made it even easier on those retards than giving them the play and telling them he was going in. My argument was that the refs continue to shit up the game even for your team.

• 1Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, but your argument was that Detroit should have made it even easier on those retards than giving them the play and telling them he was going in. My argument was that the refs continue to shit up the game even for your team.

Hard to say I'm wrong when it cost Detroit the game. Telling the refs your plan before the game is meaningless. You can't report in as eligible hours in advance and if they think a different player is reporting they're not going to stop them. It would be great if refs never fucked up, but Detroit trying to be slick about it and then also the entire team ignoring the ref announcing over the PA that #70 was eligible makes me feel zero sympathy

• 1EyeRoll

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Sucks they didn't flex the Miami vs Baltimore game out of the morning slot. Seems like it would have been an ideal SNF game.
Looks to be the right choice the way Baltimore is owning Miami right now.

CBS and Fox get to protect one game each week from getting flexed, so I'm pretty sure CBS would have protected this one anyway.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hard to say I'm wrong when it cost Detroit the game. Telling the refs your plan before the game is meaningless. You can't report in as eligible hours in advance and if they think a different player is reporting they're not going to stop them. It would be great if refs never fucked up, but Detroit trying to be slick about it and then also the entire team ignoring the ref announcing over the PA that #70 was eligible makes me feel zero sympathy
That's probably the funniest part of this shitfest, Detroit runs a play designed to try and catch the defense not paying attention but not a single member of the team on the field or sidelines is paying enough attention to realize they called the wrong number eligible over the PA.

I think the ref fuckup technically makes it an illegal formation too although I think it would be the same penalty yards either way.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Imagine losing to the Cardinals AT HOME.... and pissing away the division to boot.

• 3Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lets go Cardinals!!! #2 pick here we come?!? (probably #3 if Pats retake Strength of Schedule lead)

• 1Like