2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
With that many babby mommas I wouldn't be surprised if it's an Andre Rison situation
He has 6 kids that aren't living with him and he's trying to pay $2500/month each although at least a couple women are suing for more.

6 * 2500 * 12 = $180,000 a year in child support. Not much compared dto his $25M salary but he's most likely going to be out of football in 5 years or so and those kids are going to be just starting kindergarten and probably getting more expensive every year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not the fact that they put out the memo, it's the camera angle they showed which explains why the ref did what he did.

Also explained that if you declare yourself eligible you need to start and be in an eligible position the entire time, so if multiple linemen had reported it would have been illegal anyways

Admittedly I haven't watched all the after videos, but the link seemed to comment that they were trying to fool the D by making it look like one guy was reporting like he normally does, only he didn't, while the other guy did. Supposedly Campbell alerted the refs to the likelihood of that play happening prior to the game?

Just seems like a clusterfuck all around, trying to be a little too clever.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised Campbell finds himself in hot water if he indeed tried to get the refs to be complicit in the deception ahead of the game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be surprised Campbell finds himself in hot water if he indeed tried to get the refs to be complicit in the deception ahead of the game.

Deception? I figure it's more a "btw guys, we might run a play that has us do this, so maybe be on the lookout for it, because if you weren't paying attention could miss it". Or at least I'm sure that's how he probably thought he was wording it.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Deception? I figure it's more a "btw guys, we might run a play that has us do this, so maybe be on the lookout for it, because if you weren't paying attention could miss it". Or at least I'm sure that's how he probably thought he was wording it.
Well yes, I'm sure the discussion was along the lines of "we may run this particular play where we declare this guy as eligible." And likely, there were more than one of those type of plays discussed with the refs. The trick punt was likely one of them as well.

What they failed to tell the refs was that 3 different guys were going to approach the ref and the ref would just have to magically know that the discussed play was about to be ran and report the correct guy as eligible to the defense.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Admittedly I haven't watched all the after videos, but the link seemed to comment that they were trying to fool the D by making it look like one guy was reporting like he normally does, only he didn't, while the other guy did. Supposedly Campbell alerted the refs to the likelihood of that play happening prior to the game?

Just seems like a clusterfuck all around, trying to be a little too clever.

Not sure why people keep commenting on the video without watching the video. #70 runs in while signaling to the ref he's eligible. The only thing that makes sense is he did it out of habit from doing it all game or just had a brain fart.

Ref was probably paying more attention to the linemen sprinting towards him waving his hands than the 2 approaching gingerly while whispering, so he runs off to tell the defense like he's supposed to.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, really just like some sort of retarded trick play executed poorly. People forget that sometimes the players just flat out forget the rules, and their can be hilarious results when that happens.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The only thing that makes sense is he did it out of habit from doing it all game or just had a brain fart.
Disagree with ya there. They were clearly trying to confuse the defense RE who was eligible. If there was any way for us to know, I'd be willing to bet they coached him to run in waving his arms. They had been setting it up throughout the game by having him be the eligible lineman until it was time to get tricksy. Probably the same reason they had 58 and 68 both going to the ref to declare only one of them eligible. Hoping that even if the defense did hear the right number be called, the 2 numbers would look similar enough to confuse them. Same reason the slot receiver was lined up inside of 58 instead of the normal position outside of the tackle. Same reason 58 went in motion (or I guess technically it was a shift since I don't think linemen can go in motion) while the X to that side was way out. Same reason the Z to the other side was crowded up so close to the line of scrimmage. They tried to get too tricksy and stepped on their own dicks.

But I maintain that if the ref had reported the correct person, the defense would have had him covered and if they'd tried to throw it to the 3rd team fatboy, it would have been a pick 2. So the lions can't really claim to have been fucked over by anyone but their coach.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Disagree with ya there. They were clearly trying to confuse the defense RE who was eligible. If there was any way for us to know, I'd be willing to bet they coached him to run in waving his arms. They had been setting it up throughout the game by having him be the eligible lineman until it was time to get tricksy. Probably the same reason they had 58 and 68 both going to the ref to declare only one of them eligible. Hoping that even if the defense did hear the right number be called, the 2 numbers would look similar enough to confuse them. Same reason the slot receiver was lined up inside of 58 instead of the normal position outside of the tackle. Same reason 58 went in motion (or I guess technically it was a shift since I don't think linemen can go in motion) while the X to that side was way out. Same reason the Z to the other side was crowded up so close to the line of scrimmage. They tried to get too tricksy and stepped on their own dicks.

But I maintain that if the ref had reported the correct person, the defense would have had him covered and if they'd tried to throw it to the 3rd team fatboy, it would have been a pick 2. So the lions can't really claim to have been fucked over by anyone but their coach.

Him running in "waving his arms" is the signal for declaring himself eligible, though. Then lined up in an ineligible place on the line which is an automatic penalty. I can't imagine them being so committed to confusing the defense that they go with a play that's illegal from the very formation.

They're not the colts

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Him running in "waving his arms" is the signal for declaring himself eligible, though. Then lined up in an ineligible place on the line which is an automatic penalty. I can't imagine them being so committed to confusing the defense that they go with a play that's illegal from the very formation.

They're not the colts

But that's the thing, according to that video from the refs, the signal isn't just waving your arms, it's supposed to be the hand signal and verbally saying report. I think the coaches thought it would be safe for him to wave his hands and as long as he didn't say anything, it wouldn't be an official 'report'. I didn't see #68 doing a hand signal. In the press conference, he said he was only told to say report, so the coaching staff probably thought the hand signal was superfluous and only the verbal signal mattered.

and lol at the colts clip. Don't think I've seen that one. Hard to believe that was a professional football team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Well... except Hill has been accused of hurting his children before.
Sure, but has he been convicted??
jeff goldblum checkmate GIF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
But that's the thing, according to that video from the refs, the signal isn't just waving your arms, it's supposed to be the hand signal and verbally saying report. I think the coaches thought it would be safe for him to wave his hands and as long as he didn't say anything, it wouldn't be an official 'report'. I didn't see #68 doing a hand signal. In the press conference, he said he was only told to say report, so the coaching staff probably thought the hand signal was superfluous and only the verbal signal mattered.

and lol at the colts clip. Don't think I've seen that one. Hard to believe that was a professional football team.

Don't know how it was worded before this whole thing, but even if that was the case I doubt the refs were sticklers for it and would go with it as long as they knew your intention. It's never been an issue before so why wouldn't they?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
he's trying to pay $2500/month each although at least a couple women are suing for more.
Of course they are, and will probably get it, because gold diggin hoes got habits to support. Oh wait, I mean it's because kids need more to survive monthly than most adults who have to pay rent and all their other bills.